ADVERTISEMENT

Over the 2 losses

I saw this year as a red flag, even when Brohm signed up.

The D was LOADED with a ton of good players who had never had the chance or really even the motivation to live up to their potential. With Danny E, Gelen, Bentley, McCollum, Wilson, Hunte and others...we had a really good nucleus of talent. I thought the team could be decent with better direction on that side of the ball. I called 5 wins in year 1. Glad I was wrong.

I STILL haven't predicted wins for this year. EMU was a must have IMO. Mizzou is vastly improved from last year. Its for sure winnable but will be a lot tougher now. I also think we are playing the best BC team they've had in 20 years....definitely getting the short end of the stick with the tough non-con schedule.

Even with the first 2 games I think we can still win 5. Of course im upset about the loss....but its not like we got blown out. We just made ALL THE MISTAKES. That was a 2 TD win easily, in bad conditions if the bounces go our way and not theirs.

I think that Minny, NEB, ILL, Iowa and IU are all still very beatable. This team can still definitely go to a bowl but the margin of error and room for losses is 0 now. Even that it looked that we had turned the corner, I was still worried about this year. With losing all that D talent I definitely knew we would drop off. Now, my biggest concern is that the offense will need MORE time to adjust. If so, this could get tough and be a 2-3 win season.

Ok I am over the 2 losses, ready to see Purdue play well this coming Saturday night. Going to be nice weather for the game. See you at the game.

At the end of the day, this team was not expected to be that great - maybe get to a bowl. Not like our Big Ten Championship dreams are dashed.

You want to see the team make progress - that, to me, was the biggest disappointment of the EMU game. They seemed to take a step backwards.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I agree with the sentiment of this thread. As a long suffering fan, sure I was hoping the team would be amazing. It's a really good team that should be disappointed they're not 2-0, and is hopefully learning from mistakes.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT