ADVERTISEMENT

Our program is embarrassing the Purdue name

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
This football program is at rock bottom.
I've never been embarrassed for my alma mater, but I am right now.

Reactions: Redhotfill
Oh, but didn't you hear the announcers say "we're so close?"

Yeah, so close to beating a MAC team. That makes me feel real good.

Reactions: Redhotfill
Stacey on the post game radio "call in show" (with the usual limited callers) actually stated that the defense had done a good job.
I kid not.

If that's true and Stacey actually believes the defense did a good job that's laughable. The people who run this site should take the blinders off and call the coaches out for the embarrassing play. In year three we are only "so close" to beating MAC schools. For a little perspective here Virginia Tech lost to East carolina today, so they aren't a good team, and we got SMASHED. Marshall squeaked by a horrid Kent State team today as well. We suck, and have sucked for a long while. Time to start holding people accountable.

Honestly, if you're embarrassed by your education because of the football team, you went to the wrong school. Maybe check out the SEC.
On the other hand, maybe we should go the way of the U of Chicago and opt out of the BT, give up football, and tout academics as our forte.

Honestly, if you're embarrassed by your education because of the football team, you went to the wrong school. Maybe check out the SEC.

Purdue Football is a part of Purdue University no? As a fan/alumni of Purdue you have every right in the world to be embarrassed by this football program. I don't think anyone is here saying they are embarrassed by academics as Purdue is a great institution. If you're not embarrassed by this football team, you must not watch on Saturdays (empty stadium, poor play, MAC schools are better) but hey we have Shout, and a really big drum. Maybe it was worded wrong but I'd say most who follow football are proud to be an alum of Purdue, but quite embarrassed by the football team, rightfully so.

Purdue Football is a part of Purdue University no? As a fan/alumni of Purdue you have every right in the world to be embarrassed by this football program. I don't think anyone is here saying they are embarrassed by academics as Purdue is a great institution. If you're not embarrassed by this football team, you must not watch on Saturdays (empty stadium, poor play, MAC schools are better) but hey we have Shout, and a really big drum. Maybe it was worded wrong but I'd say most who follow football are proud to be an alum of Purdue, but quite embarrassed by the football team, rightfully so.

I'm not embarrassed. Disappointed. Frustrated. Sure. But I won't let this team define me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT