ADVERTISEMENT

OU to Big Ten?

Read somewhere Kansas may be the next to the Big Ten.....good for hoops not so good for Football...not sure academics wise......

Their AD said they are going to try to fund a 300 million dollar stadium project....so everyone is projecting them having to join Big Ten to do so.

I am on record saying I want Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt.

Time will tell.

Read somewhere Kansas may be the next to the Big Ten.....good for hoops not so good for Football...not sure academics wise......

Their AD said they are going to try to fund a 300 million dollar stadium project....so everyone is projecting them having to join Big Ten to do so.

I am on record saying I want Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt.

Time will tell.
They are AAU and comparable to Nebraska. Not great. They would have to come with a really knock out school like OU or UT.

I'd love Georgia Tech. I think we'd develop a great rivalry with them.

Actually, they left, they weren't kicked out.

Not that it matters. AAU changed the rules, Syracuse no longer qualified, the end is pretty much the same.
didn't realize all this , considered a pretty good school out here in the East.

Texas is one of the 5 best programs in the country and has a massive following. A&M can fight it all they want, but the SEC would take them if the terms were right. The TV deal would be the only stumbling block.[/QUOTE

The Sec already has the whole state of Texas from a cable subscriber perspective, that's where the dollars are- at least before cord cutting.
Notice how the SEC took a Missouri over schools like FSU and others where they are already in network. I believe that in the recent conference expansion, not one school has been added to a major conf if that state was already represented in the respective conferences.

Why not just bring in 6 more teams and then have two divisions, the original 10 and the new 10.......scheduling problem solved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT