ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shrewsberry struggling at ND

Got beat by Citadel last night, handily. Had some words to the press about how he is running the team. Curious if he can do the same type of turnaround at ND that he did at Penn State. Needs to hit the portal and recruiting trail hard.

So Shrews isn't coddling is players like ND coddles their students?
Don't feel a bit sorry for him.
Used PSU and left for greener pastures? lol

So Shrews isn't coddling is players like ND coddles their students?
Don't feel a bit sorry for him.
Used PSU and left for greener pastures? lol
In his defense, PSU wasn’t going to use NIL much and ND is more of a basketball school (somehow). Plus he’s back home in Indiana and closer to family. He will be battling Paint for Indiana recruits soon enough and I hope we schedule them cuz they’ll be tough in a few years.

In his defense, PSU wasn’t going to use NIL much and ND is more of a basketball school (somehow). Plus he’s back home in Indiana and closer to family. He will be battling Paint for Indiana recruits soon enough and I hope we schedule them cuz they’ll be tough in a few years.
Well he shouldn't need a map to get to W. Lafayette like the last several ND coaches.

ND basketball has not been relevant in years, and it doesn't appear that he is going to help that fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Well he shouldn't need a map to get to W. Lafayette like the last several ND coaches.

Seems like I remember someone saying "there were no roads....." Something like that. Now who was that? Wait.....don't tell me.

Nope....can't recall.

diggerphelps_yellowhighlighter3.jpg

Reactions: rgarlitz
ND is a football school, not a basketball school as so many of their fans, players, and coaches all reverse their jackets back to IU for BB season.

ND is a football school, not a basketball school as so many of their fans, players, and coaches all reverse their jackets back to IU for BB season.
I know some of those people. They have been leading very sad lives during basketball season the past several years. They switched to being Butler fans during their run, but now where do they go?

It's usually related to the previous coach leaving the cupboard bare. Installing a new system with no talent can make for a difficult year.

And I do believe he is trying to build a program at ND, not just fill the roster with stop gaps like at PSU. Will make for an ugly year but should end up paying off in another year or 2.

I agree, definitely not selling on him. I really don't know their roster at all. Did they have transfers when Brey quit?
Think they lost a handful of guys. They had an elite guard who flipped to Syracuse after Brey left. Also don’t think Brey had much coming in either. Curious what Shrews is able to do in the portal and bringing in new kids.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Whatever happened to former Purdue recruit Jameel Brown? He ended up choosing / flipping to Penn State once Shrews got that gig. I thought for sure he would have transferred to South Bend, but he didn’t. Penn State was close to home, but he is either hurt now or just not playing due to new coaches decision.

Whatever happened to former Purdue recruit Jameel Brown? He ended up choosing / flipping to Penn State once Shrews got that gig. I thought for sure he would have transferred to South Bend, but he didn’t. Penn State was close to home, but he is either hurt now or just not playing due to new coaches decision.
Was that the guard that we were recruiting before Braden and then pivoted to Braden after he went to PSU?

I was wondering about him a few days ago. I remember that he entered the portal after Shrews left, but returned to PSU. ESPN shows he has played a few reserve minutes in 7 games.

@DwaynePurvis00, yes, Purdue got lucky and recruited Smith when Brown decomitted.

he has a foot injury, should be back soon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT