ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Gay Bar and Dead Quail Thread

I worked from 73-88 at Alcoa, from 84-88 while attending Purdue full time and working 11-7 full time. During my 3-11 years we were paid on Monday, would cash our checks at Payless, then a group would head to the Bare n Ball. Beer, Billiards and Boobs. What could go wrong? One night we were playing pool, drinking beer, checking out the girls and an irate wife came in looking for her husband and the dancer he was being entertained by in her spare time. Pool balls were flying, a gun appeared followed shortly by the police. Just another night at the BnB.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: drewjin and tjreese
I worked from 73-88 at Alcoa, from 84-88 while attending Purdue full time and qorking 11-7 full time. During my 3-11 years we were paid on Monday, would cash our checks at Payless, then a group would head to the Bare n Ball. Beer, Billiards and Boobs. What could go wrong? One night we were playing pool, drinking beer, checking out the girls and an irate wife came in looking for her husband and the dancer he was being entertained by in her spare time. Pool balls were flying, a gun appeared followed shortly by the police. Just another night at the BnB.
I've been in there where some persons girl friend at least for that night was encouraged to dance and she did. Shot a lot of pool years ago. Any chance you knew a Bill Camp? He was a good pool shooter that I thought worked at alcoa maybe in 75 give or take a year?????

Last edited:
years after i graduated, i went to a home game with a friend.
i got good seats in the lower bowl, and a close parking pass from my employer.
(don't remember the year or opponent)

purdue was playing badly, and down double digits with 4-5 mins left in the game.
i am ashamed to admit that we left the game.
got back to the car, and, by god, purdue had closed the gap.
driving home, purdue tied the game and forced OT.
we were close to Sgt. Preston's, and thought:
"pull in, grab a beer and watch OT"

walked into the bar, and all the tvs were on commercials.
we got our beer and waited.
commercials ended, and the game came back on....

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!

it was the iu game.
(purdue was a tape delay, cuz, you know: "It's Indiana!")
we chugged our beer, and ran back to the car to listen on the radio....

PURDUE WINS!

we go back into the bar for a celebratory beer.
tvs are on commercials.
we got our beer.
commercials ended, and.... the purdue tape delay game starts.

we stayed and watched the game (again) - and the part we missed.
and killed many, many beer that night.

I worked from 73-88 at Alcoa, from 84-88 while attending Purdue full time and qorking 11-7 full time. During my 3-11 years we were paid on Monday, would cash our checks at Payless, then a group would head to the Bare n Ball. Beer, Billiards and Boobs. What could go wrong? One night we were playing pool, drinking beer, checking out the girls and an irate wife came in looking for her husband and the dancer he was being entertained by in her spare time. Pool balls were flying, a gun appeared followed shortly by the police. Just another night at the BnB.
My respect for you just went way up

No, just thinking that area had a decent deer population
In the 8 years we've lived here, 18 deer have landed in our yard after being hit in front of our house. Here's a PSA. County Hiway won't touch a deer unless it's in the road. My lawn tractor has pulled a bunch back onto the road. I found after gutting the first four that it is rare for a deer that's been killed by a vehicle to have viable meat.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin and tjreese
The title of this thread triggered wolegib. I'm not sure which word did it, but I guaranteed he's triggered.
Ya know…years ago “triggered” might be part of the conversation between a couple of people that appreciated and probably understood the 2nd. Today, “triggered” is strictly an emotional response many times having no or very little prerequisite of truth supporting the emotional outburst. It is commonly used tactic to divert from a losing proposition of an opposing dialog. Not only does there appear to be a positive correlation with many ignorant of the 2nd, but of the 1st as well. In a free country, it should be expected to be offended by other’s thoughts and the same applies in a forum…

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Speaking of quail. I live on three acres that sits a little way off the road. I have a 1/2 acre pond, lots of oaks and my property edge is grassy brushy cover. I have a 30 acre field to my west and an 8 acre pasture going to brush with a 20 acre woods north of that. I have a handful of quail that varies from a pair to as many as 15 depending on conditions. In late winter I will see them below our bird feeders on occasion. Quail have a tough time with habitat loss, coyotes, hawks, and house cats.

Ya know…years ago “triggered” might be part of the conversation between a couple of people that appreciated and probably understood the 2nd. Today, “triggered” is strictly an emotional response many times having no or very little prerequisite of truth supporting the emotional outburst. It is commonly used tactic to divert from a losing proposition of an opposing dialog. Not only does there appear to be a positive correlation with many ignorant of the 2nd, but of the 1st as well. In a free country, it should be expected to be offended by other’s thoughts and the same applies in a forum…
Huh???

Speaking of quail. I live on three acres that sits a little way off the road. I have a 1/2 acre pond, lots of oaks and my property edge is grassy brushy cover. I have a 30 acre field to my west and an 8 acre pasture going to brush with a 20 acre woods north of that. I have a handful of quail that varies from a pair to as many as 15 depending on conditions. In late winter I will see them below our bird feeders on occasion. Quail have a tough time with habitat loss, coyotes, hawks, and house cats.
So true ... and sad. Last year when the blizzard covered everything, we had a family of pheasants come make a home under our evergreen trees and eat at our bird feeders. We had no idea they lived in the marsh behing our 2 acres.

triggered has recently added an alternative definition and that is now a description of an emotional outburst ,many times illogical in nature. There is an appearance that triggered people probably don't understand the 2nd and definitely don't understand the 1st let alone understand the connection between the 1st and 2nd. Feelings, supported or not, has risen to much higher acceptance than logic which is a problem on many fronts. In a truly free country, it should be expected to be offended as it is just part of the diverse backgrounds and intelligence of that country. When a country tries to direct what you can and should not do, it is in essence an attack on freedom. None of this suggests that a person cannot be offended because as I said being offended should be expected. I myself have no doubt offended some...okay....and in teh future will no doubt offend others

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT