ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: Adam schefter

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Any idea how Adam schefter got his news about luck?
Seems like he leaked it early which is not cool.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I wondered that myself. What does it benefit either side to leak the story the night of a home game? Usually agents leak these things out, but I don’t see the advantage here. I’m tempted to think Luck had loose lips because the Colts front office is used to controlling information on their end.

Saw it reported somewhere today(may have been the Indy star)that Luck had been negotiating the retirement for a couple of weeks. I'd guess someone in the dolts organization leaked the story - probably not the owner or GM though.

Schefter is not to blame here at all. He got the story and he ran with it. Obviously someone with the Colts leaked it since it was supposedly set for a 3pm presser today. Rumors are that it was Brissett's agent. I've got my money on Irsay because he was probably drunk or high or both.

Reactions: ChuckJr and jindy
At least wait till game is over. News conference was scheduled for Sunday but they had no choice but to talk about it after the game.
You could tell it was an oh sh*t moment.
Obviously irsay knew luck wouldn't be ready for week 1 but they kept saying he would be. We have seen this before.

Reactions: indyogb
At least wait till game is over. News conference was scheduled for Sunday but they had no choice but to talk about it after the game.
You could tell it was an oh sh*t moment.
Obviously irsay knew luck wouldn't be ready for week 1 but they kept saying he would be. We have seen this before.
Schefter gets paid a ton of money by ESPN to tweet out scoops FIRST. Finishing 2nd gets you fired.

Reactions: Cleanface
Just an FYI for people blaming the Colts for the early quitting story - Luck had told his family and at least Jacoby from the team prior to yesterday’s game. The leak didn’t necessarily have to come from the Colts front office.

Its only not cool if Schefter was wrong. Reporters are supposed to leak stories, its their job.

What was not cool is Indy fans booing Luck. Man has gone through hell and back on the injuries, do they think he wants to walk away from the game he loves?

Just an FYI for people blaming the Colts for the early quitting story - Luck had told his family and at least Jacoby from the team prior to yesterday’s game. The leak didn’t necessarily have to come from the Colts front office.
Shouldn't somebody like Adam Shefter have the scoop by now on who leaked it? Seems like the media quit halfway through the story on this one.

How? Probably the only two people who know are the leaker and Shefter and neither has an incentive to leak who the leaker was.
That's the thing. You could say there was no "incentive" for the original leak either. The only people that knew were the Colts brass and Luck. But somehow Shefter found out. That's what makes him a good journalist. So then, if there can be one leak, why not another?
I guess one question I have is how much digging was Shefter doing to get this information. Or did somebody just call him up and say "Guess what! I've got some juicy news." To your point, something doesn't seem right with the original leak because there doesn't appear to be a motive, at least not one anybody is aware of... Who is benefiting from this?

Its only not cool if Schefter was wrong. Reporters are supposed to leak stories, its their job.

What was not cool is Indy fans booing Luck. Man has gone through hell and back on the injuries, do they think he wants to walk away from the game he loves?
Those fans - fans at a preseason game, already bleeding blue, excited about such a promising season - were reacting to Schefter's tweet which read Andrew Luck is "checking out." For contrast, Paul George "checked out." Andrew Luck is clearly doing what's best for his health, but Schefter's classless move to be the one to break the big story robbed him of the opportunity to gain that understanding from his fans.

Reactions: dietable and Summy1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT