ADVERTISEMENT

NIL WOW JUST WOW

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
a 4 star QB recruit who signed an LOI with Florida is now asking for his release from his LOI because he didn't like the NIL he was offered. and he now says he doesn't trust Florida officials. so he wants out of his LOI. and he has refused to enroll in the school.

if I were Florida - i'd say tough luck Charlie, you greedy beech.

but now his father is in negotiations with Florida.

Last edited:
I dont want guys on campus who are only there for the bag of money and not for the school. These guys have a way of not working out. Just ask Texas AandM how that went last year!
yes, TAMU was a train wreck with 27 players in the portal. I blame much of that on players losing confidence in the coach

It's sad how much parent are going to control kids recruiting now and not let them go to their actual dream schools.
My son’s dream school was Michigan! I told him no problem if he got a scholarship! He ended up with a choice of Illinois and SIU.

Reactions: Mobes
The story / rumor now is he was offered 9 mil to play at Miami but someone at Florida offered him 13 mil to play at Florida. So he signed his LOI to play at Florida. And now that booster backed out of paying him. It was probably Santos brother. So his dad is upset he didn’t get his $13 million. Friday came and went and he still didn’t enroll/show up for school. So who knows what his future will be. We all know what his label is.

On the positive side, Florida still has Mertz!

I will never fathom as a 18-19 year old kid believing somebody is going to pay me like 5x what the normal NFL player is going to make…and basically sight unseen. This crap will stop..but not after kid after kid after kid being duped.

Reactions: BoilerFan#35
The problem is now all kids will want to do in high school is play football. And I can see their parents pressuring them to be their meal ticket. Forget academics. I can get 10 million from some college and be set for life!

This is the NCAAs fault. They created this feee agent market and didn’t think through all the negative ramifications.
They should have stuck with “your scholarship is your payment”
All this is ridiculous. Paying football and basketball coaches millions with all the other perks is ridiculous too. I’m a free market capitalist, but this is crazy to pay this much to coach football or basketball on the college level.

I don’t feel bad or angry at the players for taking the money.

But I am rather angry at the businessmen giving away this amount of money. I have to believe they are using it as a tax write off or business marketing expense! Or possibly counting it as charity donation to the school. Who knows how their accountants classify it.

I just think of the so many other things they could be spending their money on rather than athletes. They could give it to a church or pay their employees more money or pay to fill in some potholes. Buy some new police cards.

One way to stop the madness is to catagorize the NIL for what it really is on taxes: a gift!

Reactions: gold67
ADVERTISEMENT