ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2015 Subaru Outback for sale, low mileage

JHetfield99

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2008
Is this where you post personal ads?
No?

it's a silver 2015 Outback Ltd with just 46.4k miles which I've now priced at $23,950. I'm on the west side of Indy Brownsburg & Avon. So if you have interest, please Private Msg me, and you can tell me what more you want to know.

Or if you want to keep reading........and yes I'm an ass for spamming the boards -- if this is against the rules, Brian or Alan, please 86 it immediately ,...... I got 1 week do or die since if I don't sell it private party, it'll get traded to Falcone for way less than it's truly worth, that is, within the craziest car market of our lifetime, and of course as a car dealership is in the biz of, they will turn around and list it for $2,500-$3k+ more than I am currently trying to peddle.

Couple other sales pitches:
Just as much as I'd love to sell it, if you are in immediate need of a good, safe car, maybe your kid just received their license, I know it's an awful buyers market to be in with the historically-high used prices due to low supply. And then if you want to purchase new, it's waiting a 3-4 month minimum it seems from anyone I've talked to (new Outbacks are late July and stuff made overseas like Forester are a 6+ month wait, and currently you can't even put the order in. I know as I just recently asked, but decided to go in a different direction for new purchase.) My asking price established is simply below the median of the KBB range for very good condition.

The obk has never been in a wreck or body repair shop, and prior to the 12k miles I put on it, it was a manager car at SIA. Oh, and I have paperwork for every bit of maintenance work that's ever occurred. There are a couple door dings/scuffs on the right side doors, since it's impossible to park at the plant and not be on the receiving end of those, but that's it, extremely minor stuff that could easily be buffed or PDR'ed out if you want a perfectly suave used car. It's sat in my garage vast majority of the last year as I've instead decided to pile miles onto my 222k mile and increasing beater an 09 Tribeca.

What are they offering for trade in value?
You might be better off posting it literally anywhere that people normally sell cars

I did Cars.com and newspaper ads years ago and found them to be a waste.

For the last 4 vehicles I've sold I went Craigslist route and had incredibly good luck, all but 1 selling to the first person who looked at it, and within 2 wks of listing.

I'm going on week 3 now on CL and having so few bites, lots of initial emails and then cancellations. Not sure why.

Overall I got very few replies the first week, and then I found out that the faux gobbletlygook emails they use to protect people against spam weren't all going through, so who knows who I may not have heard of.

At any rate, just making best effort before I'm forced to let the dealer underwhelm me in about w week.

No?

it's a silver 2015 Outback Ltd with just 46.4k miles which I've now priced at $23,950. I'm on the west side of Indy Brownsburg & Avon. So if you have interest, please Private Msg me, and you can tell me what more you want to know.

Or if you want to keep reading........and yes I'm an ass for spamming the boards -- if this is against the rules, Brian or Alan, please 86 it immediately ,...... I got 1 week do or die since if I don't sell it private party, it'll get traded to Falcone for way less than it's truly worth, that is, within the craziest car market of our lifetime, and of course as a car dealership is in the biz of, they will turn around and list it for $2,500-$3k+ more than I am currently trying to peddle.

Just as much as I'd love to sell it, if you are in immediate need of a good, safe car, maybe your kid just received their license, I know it's an awful buyers market to be in with the historically-high used prices due to low supply. And then if you want to purchase new, it's waiting a 3-4 month minimum it seems from anyone I've talked to (new Outbacks are late July and stuff made overseas like Forester are a 6+ month wait, and currently you can't even put the order in. I know as I just recently asked, but decided to go in a different direction for new purchase.) My asking price established is simply below the median of the KBB range for very good condition.

The obk has never been in a wreck or body repair shop, and prior to the 12k miles I put on it, it was a manager car at SIA. Oh, and I have paperwork for every bit of maintenance work that's ever occurred. There are a couple door dings/scuffs on the right side doors, since it's impossible to park at the plant and not be on the receiving end of those, but that's it, extremely minor stuff that could easily be buffed or PDR'ed out if you want a perfectly suave used car. It's sat in my garage vast majority of the last year as I've instead decided to pile miles onto my 222k mile and increasing beater an 09 Tribeca.

It is nuts out there. Good luck. I'm still waiting for my 4Runner I paid the deposit for on January 9th. :(

It is nuts out there. Good luck. I'm still waiting for my 4Runner I paid the deposit for on January 9th. :(

Oh my lord. Have they given you a date?

New Outback orders at least are only currently about 3 months out, but Ascents are closer to 5.

Last edited:
Oh my lord. Have they given you a date?

New Outbacks at least are only currently about 3 months out, but Ascents are closer to 5.
No build date. The Tahara plant, where the 4Runners are all made, is shut down this week due to supply constraints. I'm #1 in the 4Runner line at the dealership (for whatever that's worth). I knew it would be a long haul, but I have a road trip coming up in July and I'm tempted to just buy something else (something cheaper :D), rather than pay for a rental for two weeks.

No build date. The Tahara plant, where the 4Runners are all made, is shut down this week due to supply constraints. I'm #1 in the 4Runner line at the dealership (for whatever that's worth). I knew it would be a long haul, but I have a road trip coming up in July and I'm tempted to just buy something else (something cheaper :D), rather than pay for a rental for two weeks.

Gotta be one of the many international chip shortages. I didn't realize those were manufactured overseas, I had Princeton IN wrongly in my head.

You're getting very close to the point of no return to picking another vehicle if you don't want to rent since almost no manufacturer has cars sitting on lots.

Last edited:
I bought my 2019 outback for about $25k. Same miles as yours. Now it says private book value is more than I bought it for. Crazy world we are in.

I’m waiting for my ford lightning. I’m pretty far down the list, hoping by end of next year.

No?

I am sure there will be a lesbian by to snatch it up. That's a joke BTW.

One other bell/whistle, it will have free Platinum package SiriusXM subscription for about 6 months (currently it has 12 weeks left, but I just got a postcard that I can extend it another 3 months for a whopping $2.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT