ADVERTISEMENT

Options for new coach

Nov 21, 2011
Walters will probably be here next year but might as well dream about greener pastures. Don't bring up Walters we know he isn't it.

I'll go with Tyson Helton pros wins, had Bailey Zappi, threw for million yards have seen Westen Kentucky on tv has teams looking good. He is from Gainesville soo don't want another Brohm issue

Walters will probably be here next year but might as well dream about greener pastures. Don't bring up Walters we know he isn't it.

I'll go with Tyson Helton pros wins, had Bailey Zappi, threw for million yards have seen Westen Kentucky on tv has teams looking good. He is from Gainesville soo don't want another Brohm issue
they have the 123 rd rated D in the country, I'll go w/ Dickert

Pretty sure he said no to us last time.

Get the Army coach.. yeah I'm a tad bias but he has had that program in good shape for quite a few years.

Realistically, I don't have a name per se... but go the Tiller route.. find someone that has around 10 years left to coach, is successful at a "lower" level team/conference.. and build some success.

Also I would LOVE to see Brees as our QB coach.. initially I wanted to see him as a head coach as he is smart enough to be Joe Tiller 2.0.. but.. I am over hiring someone with no experience whatsoever.. especially since the rebuild we will have to go through is probably the worst it has ever been.

Whomever the next coach is, they have a Grand Canyon sized whole to dig out of.

Get the Army coach.. yeah I'm a tad bias but he has had that program in good shape for quite a few years.

Realistically, I don't have a name per se... but go the Tiller route.. find someone that has around 10 years left to coach, is successful at a "lower" level team/conference.. and build some success.

Also I would LOVE to see Brees as our QB coach.. initially I wanted to see him as a head coach as he is smart enough to be Joe Tiller 2.0.. but.. I am over hiring someone with no experience whatsoever.. especially since the rebuild we will have to go through is probably the worst it has ever been.

A couple names come to mind this morning,

Drew Brees
Brian Brohm
Paul Chryst

Reactions: BBG

Unless the team is turned around and does alot better, the only way Purdue will be decent next year is to get a new coach and assistants as soon as possible, otherwise recruits will decommit and players will leave. Will Bobinski realize what big mistake he made, get money for a buy out and try to bring program back ? Or will he say lets give him another year?

Unless the team is turned around and does alot better, the only way Purdue will be decent next year is to get a new coach and assistants as soon as possible, otherwise recruits will decommit and players will leave. Will Bobinski realize what big mistake he made, get money for a buy out and try to bring program back ? Or will he say lets give him another year?
If things continue the way they are and he gets another year, I think you are spot on that not only will we see a lot of recruits go elsewhere, but a mass exodus from the current roster.

If we finish with 2 .. or even 3 wins .. and Bobo does nothing, our program may never recover.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
A couple names come to mind this morning,

Drew Brees
Brian Brohm
Paul Chryst
Definitely not Brees since he has no experience coaching at the college level at all. Brian Brohm has never been a long-term head coach. I don't know about Chryst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT