ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio vs Purdue Game Impressions

Yeah pasted url after quote but alas it did not play. I will just head over to the Hoosier board and attempt to post insulting gifs until I perfect it before I try it here again.
That’s because the URL isn’t the image one.

Hold down on the image and it should pop open a new page where the url should be something like i. or image. etc.

1_mandatory_gifs_of_the_week_9_28_17.gif

Happy for the win and am encouraged by the play of Hunter and Williams. Hope they can continue to make progress.

Other than that this game didn't answer any questions for me. As someone pointed out, rotations were late for the majority of defensive possessions. Carsen will always get his. Clline will usually play well against scrub teams and play poorly against tougher competition. Nojel isn't a scoring threat outside of 3 feet. Painter played Eifert more than any other big. Boudreax continued his poor play. Sasha continues to play out of control when attacking.

I don't know. In a perfect world I would have liked to see Wheeler and Williams force fed minutes and plays run. Maybe Hunter has turned the corner. We'll see.

Defense is still an issue. Offense will be an issue against better team because we can't rely on any points outside of Carsen when Cline is off.

Nojel's lack of development on the offensive end is becoming very troubling to me. Some people might say that it's the system hes in. Maybe. I'm also not sure what system he'd excel in playing point but with no range outside of 3 feet. I'm no Painter apologist but when Eastern shoots the way he does and also 25% from FT, I'm not sure how Painter could put him in a better position to succeed. Maybe post him up more? I don't know.

We'll see if they play well against Bellmont. Painter is going to have his hands full.

The guy would start for most teams in the big ten, so I guess we have a lot of MAC talent in the big ten.

That’s really questionable. I’m not sure how many teams in the B10 would start a streaky shooting guard who’s a huge liability in defense. I’m guessing he might start for maybe 2-3 teams

One thing that I noticed that is that Purdue played overwelmingly better with Haarms on the Court

24 out of Purdues 28 margin of victory was during the 13 minutes he played in the game

He didn't look that great but i wonder how much of his rim protection leads to unseen benefits from the other team being less willing to drive it inside with him in there
How much of Haarms play is the result of coming off the bench and playing aggressive D because he's not as worried about foul trouble as he might be when starting. I think as Tre develops and gets more minutes it frees Haarms up more to be the aggressor on D that he was when backing up Haas.

Happy for the win and am encouraged by the play of Hunter and Williams. Hope they can continue to make progress.

Other than that this game didn't answer any questions for me. As someone pointed out, rotations were late for the majority of defensive possessions. Carsen will always get his. Clline will usually play well against scrub teams and play poorly against tougher competition. Nojel isn't a scoring threat outside of 3 feet. Painter played Eifert more than any other big. Boudreax continued his poor play. Sasha continues to play out of control when attacking.

I don't know. In a perfect world I would have liked to see Wheeler and Williams force fed minutes and plays run. Maybe Hunter has turned the corner. We'll see.

Defense is still an issue. Offense will be an issue against better team because we can't rely on any points outside of Carsen when Cline is off.

Nojel's lack of development on the offensive end is becoming very troubling to me. Some people might say that it's the system hes in. Maybe. I'm also not sure what system he'd excel in playing point but with no range outside of 3 feet. I'm no Painter apologist but when Eastern shoots the way he does and also 25% from FT, I'm not sure how Painter could put him in a better position to succeed. Maybe post him up more? I don't know.

We'll see if they play well against Bellmont. Painter is going to have his hands full.
You guys just keep on beating the Ohio and Belmont’s of the world!

That’s really questionable. I’m not sure how many teams in the B10 would start a streaky shooting guard who’s a huge liability in defense. I’m guessing he might start for maybe 2-3 teams
Cline shouts 58% from 2 and 40% from 3. What exactly is streaky about that?

Reactions: PU pit bull
The guy would start for most teams in the big ten, so I guess we have a lot of MAC talent in the big ten.

If our second best scorer would only start for 2 or 3 teams, then we are the worst team on the big ten according to you. You should really watch the rest of the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Streaky means that he goes on hot and cold streaks not that he can't shoot. Plus He does most of his work from the 3 point land which is more variable to begins with
I know what streaky means. I also understand what an outlier Is and Clines numbers show consistency with a couple of outliers.

Streaky means that he goes on hot and cold streaks not that he can't shoot. Plus He does most of his work from the 3 point land which is more variable to begins with
I think what people miss from Dakota that Cline never developed in his game - a mid range jumper.

Cline is 1 dimensional and when his three isn’t falling he is eliminated as a scoring threat. Dakota could take a few steps in off a dribble or ball fake to hit from the elbow. Dakota kept hunting for something to work where as Cline pushes on his 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT