ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State QBs

I think were headed that way anyway.

At least with Shea Patterson one could argue he was stuck in a circumstance he didn't cause and had no clue that he would be in.

For Fields, he was cocky enough to think he could beat our a 5 Star, SO. QB who was a play away from winning a national championship. His quickest route to being a contributor was staying at UGA and then playing in 2020. To be honest, his quickest route to being a contributor was staying committed to Penn State. He'd no doubt be the starter this year.

I think he'll have to sit out. The "racism" incident was a drunk fellow athlete in the stands. These remarks weren't to his face and as soon as they were public knowledge the student was immediately taken off of the baseball team and out of the university. That doesn't reek of "fostering" a racist environment to me.

I do think we are going towards a system where you can transfer freely. I don't like it, but it's happening. There are too many loopholes that kids will continue to exploit. Then the precedent will be set going forward. What I then furthermore worry about is the rules getting changed so kids can go to the NFL earlier. That will weaken the pro game because kids are just not ready. And the fringe ones will leave to make money and weaken both the college game and the pro game at the same time.

I do think we are going towards a system where you can transfer freely. I don't like it, but it's happening. There are too many loopholes that kids will continue to exploit. Then the precedent will be set going forward. What I then furthermore worry about is the rules getting changed so kids can go to the NFL earlier. That will weaken the pro game because kids are just not ready. And the fringe ones will leave to make money and weaken both the college game and the pro game at the same time.

I doubt the players union agrees to let younger players in. If anything, I could see the new spring leagues taking younger players and being a minor league

Reactions: PUQBMan.
At least with Shea Patterson one could argue he was stuck in a circumstance he didn't cause and had no clue that he would be in.

For Fields, he was cocky enough to think he could beat our a 5 Star, SO. QB who was a play away from winning a national championship. His quickest route to being a contributor was staying at UGA and then playing in 2020. To be honest, his quickest route to being a contributor was staying committed to Penn State. He'd no doubt be the starter this year.

I think he'll have to sit out. The "racism" incident was a drunk fellow athlete in the stands. These remarks weren't to his face and as soon as they were public knowledge the student was immediately taken off of the baseball team and out of the university. That doesn't reek of "fostering" a racist environment to me.
OSU fans and the SJWs will burn down Columbus if he's not granted a waiver.

The issue with free transfers is you would potentially have an even bigger divide between the haves and the have nots. Any kid that shows some decent skill and development at lower level school will suddenly jump ship and try to join a bigger program. On the flip side, a kid who doesn't show development can be shipped out rather quickly by a coaching staff to make room for other players.

The NCAA simply needs to actually enforce the rules they have and create a streamlined guideline and enforcement agency to curtail improprieties by member universities. If the NCAA doesn't want to do that, the P5 conferences should simply leave and create their own agency because at this point the NCAA is a total enforcement joke. They have a chance to gain some respectability back with the FBI probe but I doubt anything really occurs.

The issue with free transfers is you would potentially have an even bigger divide between the haves and the have nots. Any kid that shows some decent skill and development at lower level school will suddenly jump ship and try to join a bigger program. On the flip side, a kid who doesn't show development can be shipped out rather quickly by a coaching staff to make room for other players.

The NCAA simply needs to actually enforce the rules they have and create a streamlined guideline and enforcement agency to curtail improprieties by member universities. If the NCAA doesn't want to do that, the P5 conferences should simply leave and create their own agency because at this point the NCAA is a total enforcement joke. They have a chance to gain some respectability back with the FBI probe but I doubt anything really occurs.

I like this, but I doubt all the P5 conferences/schools want to see the rules enforced equally/fairly. (Think: SEC, et al)

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler

This is exactly what will happen and the NCAA will let it because the ‘haves’ drive all the revenue. Not sure that it’s a bad thing for a school like Purdue, but it certainly changes recruiting and roster management and it’s absolutely bad for schools outside of the Power 5.

This is exactly what will happen and the NCAA will let it because the ‘haves’ drive all the revenue. Not sure that it’s a bad thing for a school like Purdue, but it certainly changes recruiting and roster management and it’s absolutely bad for schools outside of the Power 5.

This would no doubt be good for us. I think the only reason a player like Rondale Moore would leave is if Brohm left at this point. Going to Ohio State or Michigan or one of the perceived 'better' teams in the conference would maybe raise his exposure....but not his opportunity.

How many of these kids are even transferring into good situations where they will actually be able to play?

Reactions: northside100
I could see northwestern throwing a fit if he was allowed to play for OSU immediately after they had to have hunter sit out the entire year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT