ADVERTISEMENT

Official Jeff Brohm Poll

Will Jeff Brohm be Purdue’s coach in 2019?

• Total voters
I agree with your scenarios. And based on his Saturday’s comments I think #2 is more likely than #1. His comments are clearly in line with that scenario. Just my two cents.
I would like to think you are correct.
I was thinking that were I Coach Brohm and was planning on staying at Purdue, I would publish the following and likely enhance my financial situation, my respect from the school, and my future -
" I would like to announce that I have weighed my situation and am staying at Purdue. I have the benefit of a substantial contract lasting for a number of years which I entered into voluntarily and intend to remain true to my word and its terms. While I understand the mechanisms and levers available to me I am perfectly willing to abide by my current contractual terms and conditions. In the event that my school feels that my performance to date has proven to be of greater value than anticipated, I will rely upon it to provide such reward as it may deem apropos. I am making this announcement to provide absolute clarification for those young men whom we are continuing to be involved with in the recruitment process, and equally importantly for all of our wonderful fanbase who continue to support our program. BOILER UP."

“He has a job to do at Purdue and he’s going to go ahead and win the next few games and make it to a bowl game,” Karlaftis said of Brohm’s message to him. “And then he said if anything came up he’s going to be honest with me. He’s going to tell me what’s going on. And that’s about it.”

https://247sports.com/college/louis...nt-committed-to-Purdue-125001366/#125001366_1
Don’t worry about George. No matter what happens, he won’t be going to UL.

I was thinking that were I Coach Brohm and was planning on staying at Purdue, I would publish the following and likely enhance my financial situation, my respect from the school, and my future -
" I would like to announce that I have weighed my situation and am staying at Purdue. I have the benefit of a substantial contract lasting for a number of years which I entered into voluntarily and intend to remain true to my word and its terms. While I understand the mechanisms and levers available to me I am perfectly willing to abide by my current contractual terms and conditions. In the event that my school feels that my performance to date has proven to be of greater value than anticipated, I will rely upon it to provide such reward as it may deem apropos. I am making this announcement to provide absolute clarification for those young men whom we are continuing to be involved with in the recruitment process, and equally importantly for all of our wonderful fanbase who continue to support our program. BOILER UP."
And you would have been criticized following the Wisconsin loss for not having 100% focus on the task at hand. Instead you were spending your time during a game week weighing your career options and preparing statements.

And you would have been criticized following the Wisconsin loss for not having 100% focus on the task at hand. Instead you were spending your time during a game week weighing your career options and preparing statements.
My advice would have been that as soon as he made a decision say so. Deferral and dancing are really counterproductive. If he is undecided, so be it... I get that. A lack of transparency just no longer seems to work very well in the LONG run... I wish that I was in a position like him to have to worry about lt. Lol.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
From your desk to CJBs podium.

My advice would have been that as soon as he made a decision say so. Deferral and dancing are really counterproductive. If he is undecided, so be it... I get that. A lack of transparency just no longer seems to work very well in the LONG run... I wish that I was in a position like him to have to worry about lt. Lol.
I just don’t think this is how it works.

I just don’t think this is how it works.
Only because people opt to act as they do.
Maybe I am the aberration, but I continue to decrease my affirmation, support and interest as this dance continues. I am not naive and understand the dynamics pretty much.
Unfortunately, I am far from sure that this "silliness" had no effect on the recent loss nor that it doesn't affect recruiting, even subconsciously. Kids and their parents aren't stupid... and certainly other coaches aren't.
Whatever... there's nothing that I can do nor say that will change the outcome but, sadly, my interest seems to wane. I just find today's athletic world tiring in so many respects.
Candidly, it all simply saddens me.

You are assuming a lack of transparency. I choose to believe he is being completely transparent. What you see as "dancing" I see as him deferring career decisions and questions until he is done coaching for the season, and he will not so much as acknowledge any rumors until that point. I might be naive, but every thing he has done in his professional career is consistent with this. I think he will sit down after the bucket game and after careful deliberation make a decision. Until then everyone is just assuming things based on their own biases.

Last edited:
Looking over our recruiting class again, it is hard to see Brohm leaving now. He would have to spend two more years rebuilding Lousiville if he left now. Meanwhile, two years from now he could legitimately be in the running for a big ten championship and potential rose bowl/playoff berth. He has proven he can legitimately compete in the big ten at Purdue with Hazell recruits. Why would he leave when he can actually win the conference with his own players in a couple of years?

Reactions: PaBoiler78
I read all this hand wringing by Purdue fans, and all this over-the-top smack from the Card fans, and think what a load of crap. Did you not pay attention to what Jeff Brohm said about getting a recruiting boost from the Tennessee offer? He has not come out and told us his choice because he wants to ride that same publicity-recruiting horse again.

Folks, he is staying at Purdue. He is just milking the hype for recruiting purposes. Let it play out.

I read all this hand wringing by Purdue fans, and all this over-the-top smack from the Card fans, and think what a load of crap. Did you not pay attention to what Jeff Brohm said about getting a recruiting boost from the Tennessee offer? He has not come out and told us his choice because he wants to ride that same publicity-recruiting horse again.

Folks, he is staying at Purdue. He is just milking the hype for recruiting purposes. Let it play out.
Think about that just for a second and tell me that you’d accept that after the fact spin from any other CFB program. It’s laughable.

JB may stay at Purdue. Potential change at the HC position leads to recruiting instability. If you think that he’s intentionally not saying one way or the other as a way to boost current recruiting - you’ve no idea about how any of this works.

Reactions: One Bad Bird
Think about that just for a second and tell me that you’d accept that after the fact spin from any other CFB program. It’s laughable.

JB may stay at Purdue. Potential change at the HC position leads to recruiting instability. If you think that he’s intentionally not saying one way or the other as a way to boost current recruiting - you’ve no idea about how any of this works.
I just repeated what Brohm said. Myself, like you, I think the instability would be a negative, but our coach said exactly the opposite. You and I are not involved in recruiting, but he is. Wonder which side of this question has the most credibility?

I just repeated what Brohm said. Myself, like you, I think the instability would be a negative, but our coach said exactly the opposite. You and I are not involved in recruiting, but he is. Wonder which side of this question has the most credibility?
My side. Which is the side of reason and common sense.

Question. Was JB’s quote during the dalliance / negotiation with UT or after?

Link?

Gather around everybody....this guy named Dick Pepperfield has it all figured out.

Reactions: chiboiler7
The UofL program is currently a complete dumpster fire. It's actually so bad the it's almost a guarantee it's so bad that they'll be looking for another coach again soon. And again soon after that. CJB will have plenty of chances to accept that uphill challenge of trying to drag the program out of the ditch. UofL is like a bad merry-go-round and the world is watching it spin. That opening is going to come around and around for him to jump on. Now is not the logical time. It makes no sense at all. No logic. The only reason this has any traction is an empty plea to emotion. Coaches do not leave a good program on the upswing to take over a wallowing program simply because it's home. Someone, anyone, please provide a link to a coach that actually left a better, growing, building, promising program to go to a much worse program for the challenge built purely on the reason........they have a tie. Show me this happens. Or, just stop with peddling your hopes and dreams as fact, or inside info.

The UofL program is currently a complete dumpster fire. It's actually so bad the it's almost a guarantee it's so bad that they'll be looking for another coach again soon. And again soon after that. CJB will have plenty of chances to accept that uphill challenge of trying to drag the program out of the ditch. UofL is like a bad merry-go-round and the world is watching it spin. That opening is going to come around and around for him to jump on. Now is not the logical time. It makes no sense at all. No logic. The only reason this has any traction is an empty plea to emotion. Coaches do not leave a good program on the upswing to take over a wallowing program simply because it's home. Someone, anyone, please provide a link to a coach that actually left a better, growing, building, promising program to go to a much worse program for the challenge built purely on the reason........they have a tie. Show me this happens. Or, just stop with peddling your hopes and dreams as fact, or inside info.
Scott Frost says hello.

FWIW...the Louisville football program has trended up since the 1980’s. This helped land an invitation in a P5 conference. And just the season before last, UofL was ranked #5 in the CFP up until November and had its first Heiman trophy winner. Yes, the wheels fell off this year but it’s not anywhere close to dire picture you paint. Regardless, we will gain more clarity about the coaching situation by this time next week. It is a shame that fans on both sides are misrepresenting reality in the meantime. Good luck against the Hoosiers today.

FWIW...the Louisville football program has trended up since the 1980’s. This helped land an invitation in a P5 conference. And just the season before last, UofL was ranked #5 in the CFP up until November and had its first Heiman trophy winner. Yes, the wheels fell off this year but it’s not anywhere close to dire picture you paint. Regardless, we will gain more clarity about the coaching situation by this time next week. It is a shame that fans on both sides are misrepresenting reality in the meantime. Good luck against the Hoosiers today.
No. both sides are not misrepresenting the reality. This is a Purdue page. Several of us have admitted CJB is speculated as the UofL candidate. We see no logic in him leaving. The only logic offered by the UofL trolls is some emotional tug at heartstrings. Like it's some Hallmark channel storyline. Remove emotion and there is little reason to head south.

I want to know why so many Louisville and IU fans keep saying he hasn't came out to say "I am staying at Purdue" but yet no one cares about his true statement of "Louisville is not my dream job".

Reactions: Inspector100
Look it yourself. It’s not hard to look up. His quote happened just after the Tennessee connection.
Lol - of course it did. That’s because instability is bad for recruiting. Once he said he was staying at Purdue - instability over - and turning down a UT would certainly raise his profile. You guys are acting like he had discussions with UT solely to improve recruiting. :rolleyes:

Lol - of course it did. That’s because instability is bad for recruiting. Once he said he was staying at Purdue - instability over - and turning down a UT would certainly raise his profile. You guys are acting like he had discussions with UT solely to improve recruiting. :rolleyes:
You completely missed the point. Understandable considering...

Of course, now you are just trolling. So that ends my responses to you.

No. both sides are not misrepresenting the reality. This is a Purdue page. Several of us have admitted CJB is speculated as the UofL candidate. We see no logic in him leaving. The only logic offered by the UofL trolls is some emotional tug at heartstrings. Like it's some Hallmark channel storyline. Remove emotion and there is little reason to head south.

If you can’t read threads on here or on UofL’s rivals page and not conclude that many folks are speaking out of their @sses then I don’t know what to tell you.

I want to know why so many Louisville and IU fans keep saying he hasn't came out to say "I am staying at Purdue" but yet no one cares about his true statement of "Louisville is not my dream job".

Because coaching searches turn fanbases into obsessive weirdos. Basically we all hear what we want to hear.

Because coaching searches turn fanbases into obsessive weirdos. Basically we all hear what we want to hear.
True statement versus what people assume. That is a fact. Louisville's fan base has to be honest with that statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT