ADVERTISEMENT

Official Jeff Brohm Poll

Will Jeff Brohm be Purdue’s coach in 2019?

• Total voters
He stays

Depending on if Louisville actually had a hand in yesterday’s events is unknown...either way, they didn’t look very good and may have officially lost Brohm.

Because he won't say something definitely for probably another week or so, just think of how many more threads and discussions we can have on this subject.

I, for one, am glad to have a game tomorrow, so we can actually talk about our team. I hope the seniors go out winners, and with Rondale a 100%, I see Rondale having a big game against the Wisconsin defense tomorrow. I hope this thing with Brohm will not be a distraction for our team, but I cannot see how it won't be. It is for us fans. I am hoping we can break the string of 12 straight to the Badgers.

Reactions: PU52Chevy
PSU fan here!

It just seems to me that there are many great things going on at Purdue right now and I honestly think that Brohm would be a fool to jump ship and go to Louisville. I realize that he has strong emotional ties to Louisville, but it just seems to me that Purdue has much more of an upside and that will far outweigh any of those emotions.

Good luck, I always liked Purdue and wish you guys the best.

given the nature, or tone, of his statements, sorry to say I think he's gone.
What do you expect him to say? He has a lot of peeps in Louisville and his parents. He’s not going anywhere, but he can’t burn bridges in his hometown. He straight out said that Dakich’s comments were “absolutely false”. He knows he’s building something special at Purdue. You don’t think it’s telling that not one recruit has waivered in their commitment so far? You must think Brohm is one hell of a liar. If so, you don’t know squat about him as a man and as a person.

I'm putting it at 70-30 that he stays based on these factors:
  • He's said before he doesn't like to job hop and he's only been at Purdue 2 years.
  • He's had great early success at recruiting and it is only picking up speed with a top 25 recruiting class coming in 2019 and lots of high end interest in the 2020 class. Hard to walk away from that kind of success.
  • No recruits are wavering publicly or showing signs that they believe he will leave
  • Just this week they put out a new wave of 2020 offers. If he's the honest guy he says he is and intends to leave, why alienate a whole slew of new kids that you didn't need to?
  • Louisville is in a really difficult situation now. Does he really want to start from ground zero twice in 2 years?
  • He genuinely seems to like our AD, and is happy with the commitment the university has shown with resources and facilities for football.
  • He's said how he enjoys the Layayette area and appreciates how his family was embraced.
  • He's said before that he has used the coaching rumors to his advantage in recruiting. His current refusal to completely shut down the Louisville rumors could be explained by this.
  • He's already coached at Louisville once and it didn't work out.
All that being said, the emotions of having the opportunity to be the head coach at your alma mater are powerful. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he went. I'm just predicting that he won't. We'll see.

I honestly only voted yes because of optimism because I believe Brohm is still trying to figure out what he is going to do right now. This recruiting class though... I just don't see how you pass on it. Go rebuild at the Ville with all of the eyes on for the rampant cheating or rebuild at a squeaky clean school that has your full support.Turn this program to a B1G contender and the money will come... From the NFL... That's if he really is all about the $$$ ...

Never seen him look so disengaged on the sidelines as he did today. No emotion, no facial expressions, no energy. Don’t like the vibe... Man I hope he stays, but I don’t have a good feeling about this after today.
Exactly. Wasn't working the refs like the past games. Thought playcalling was vanilla by his standards. Just throwing verts.

I'm putting it at 70-30 that he stays based on these factors:
  • He's said before he doesn't like to job hop and he's only been at Purdue 2 years.
  • He's had great early success at recruiting and it is only picking up speed with a top 25 recruiting class coming in 2019 and lots of high end interest in the 2020 class. Hard to walk away from that kind of success.
  • No recruits are wavering publicly or showing signs that they believe he will leave
  • Just this week they put out a new wave of 2020 offers. If he's the honest guy he says he is and intends to leave, why alienate a whole slew of new kids that you didn't need to?
  • Louisville is in a really difficult situation now. Does he really want to start from ground zero twice in 2 years?
  • He genuinely seems to like our AD, and is happy with the commitment the university has shown with resources and facilities for football.
  • He's said how he enjoys the Layayette area and appreciates how his family was embraced.
  • He's said before that he has used the coaching rumors to his advantage in recruiting. His current refusal to completely shut down the Louisville rumors could be explained by this.
  • He's already coached at Louisville once and it didn't work out.
All that being said, the emotions of having the opportunity to be the head coach at your alma mater are powerful. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he went. I'm just predicting that he won't. We'll see.
With recruiting success, it is November. These kids will follow him there. Unless they commit to Purdue for the school only.... Hahahaha You naive kids. God bless ya!

After talking with two people in the know at Louisville today, there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s coming home. It won’t be announced until after the 26th more likely December 6 when his buyout is reduced. He also doesn’t want to give Dakich the scoop. Believe it or not, Louisville fans hate that tool as much as Purdue fans. But as I sat in Cardinal Stadium today looking at Jeff’s name hanging in our Ring of Honor and at our new enclosed endzone decked out with triple level suites and two massive video boards, I could only smile knowing what I have been told is going to happen. The young talent Jeff will inherit at Louisville is better than what he walked into at Purdue. Believe it or not, most Louisville fans have become found of your program because of Jeff and Rondale Moore. But today was the last time you will see Jeff Brohm on your home field.

Last edited:
Reactions: CardinalJim
After talking with two people in the know at Louisville today, there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s coming home. It won’t be announced until after the 26th more likely December 6 when his buyout is reduced. He also doesn’t want to give Dakich the scoop. Believe it or not, Louisville fans hate that tool as much as Purdue fans. But as I sat in Cardinal Stadium today looking at Jeff’s name hanging in our Ring of Honor and at our new enclosed endzone decked out with triple level suites and two massive video boards, I could only smile knowing what I have been told is going to happen. The young talent Jeff will inherit at Louisville is better than what he walked into at Purdue. Believe it or not, most Louisville fans have become found of your program because of Jeff and Rondale Moore. But today was the last time you will see Jeff Brohm on your home field.

I am so sick of every idiot in Louisville who can afford a suit being considered “in the know” by you darn Card fans. No one but Brohm knows. Louisville sources may know what their offer is, and may have talked with Brohms agent, but they could not have made that offer or talked to Brohm about it yet otherwise they are paying the full buyout, and could possibly be sued for tortious interference with a contract. After the season Brohm is free to talk to Louisville, and he very well may go there, but no one but him knows now. Until he signs no one will know.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
That thing still named after Papa John?

That's one thing we can all agree on. Dakich is an idiot. He's like a 12 year old in a man's body. No matter what news he tries to break about this whole situation, don't buy it. He hates both of our fanbases and just wants to troll us. He loves the attention, let's not give it to him. He's just an IU fanboy.

Well that settles it. I guess he’s gone. Thanks for giving us a heads up. It’s amzing how talkative all of these high dollar boosters are and yet don’t let it slip to the media.

Well that settles it. I guess he’s gone. Thanks for giving us a heads up. It’s amzing how talkative all of these high dollar boosters are and yet don’t let it slip to the media.

The Louisville people mean nothing. My take....the fact that this is happening ruins the rest of the season. He made a lot of promises, some have been fulfilled, a lot have not....he says he loves West Lafayette and obviously he supports his players....nothing he promised has been accomplished....can he deliver? I believe he can. He ain’t leaving. If he does, it’ll be like my high school girlfriend....will always be left wondering, no matter what she had already given me.

I voted no just because its "home."

Im not sure i buy that because L'Ville is about 2.5hr drive away from Purdue. Maybe if Brohm coached out west it would tug a little harder at the heart but he can head home just about anytime he wants.

I think Purdue pays him if he asks for a raise and they should.

He has a top 25 class being recruited. Much better than what Hazel produced. Hopefully, in the next couple of years Purdue is capable of winning these close games.
The play calls/designs are there. The execution at times is lacking.

I "think" he will be the Purdue coach next year based on everything I have heard him say and voted accordingly. Unforunately, it is still questionable however! If he doesn't return as our coach, I will not be happy about it at all. Sure his coaching ceiling may be beyond being the coach at Purdue, but for him to leave after year 2 with the rebuild just getting going would be a travesty. We would be back to square one and everything he has accomplished in these 2 years would be basically for nothing. The fallout and likely transfers if he were to leave could be devastating! If he were to leave after year 4 or 5,then I couldn't be upset with him. To be honest though, I am getting very tired of having to wonder these past 2 years before the season is even finished whether or not he will be coming back next year. If I were him, I would just come out and say I am not interested and I am not leaving - go look elsewhere. If the worst happens, I am also not very optimistic about finding a new coach that can do equal or better than Brohm. I am willing to bet that whoever we end up with would be a downgrade. Not that we can't get a decent coach, but I am pretty sure whoever we end up with won't get close to being 12 and 12 in his first 2 years.

Folks...you need to pay the $9.99/month for access to KHC. Over there, you’ll get some legitimate information...and stop listening to Cards fans. Louisville is DESPERATE right now. That’s why that whole Dackich shit went down.

Over the last few days information has surfaced pointing to him staying. I’m not saying anything more than that. Pay the $9.99 and come over.

I think your nerves will be eased.

Folks...you need to pay the $9.99/month for access to KHC. Over there, you’ll get some legitimate information...and stop listening to Cards fans. Louisville is DESPERATE right now. That’s why that whole Dackich shit went down.

Over the last few days information has surfaced pointing to him staying. I’m not saying anything more than that. Pay the $9.99 and come over.

I think your nerves will be eased.
I generally read the KHC site and find it ok and probably worth the annual subscription.
That being said, I haven't seen much information that actually leads me to conclude he's staying. I guess that I may have missed the info to which you refer. Perhaps a link to the threads or their titles, if you would?
I find his coyness pretty off putting and am likewise tired hearing he's not about the money because it looks to me this whole public relations approach, or non-approach, is virtually all about the money.
I would like to see him stay, like to think he is honorable, like to think he is transparent, like to think he is a straight talker, but I question these more each day. Jmho.

Reactions: cjf04 and SCBoiler1
247 reported the recruiting staff sent out texts to all recruits not to worry. I believe the text to be true and if it really says "we are going nowhere". I doubt George would make a comment about this as well. Give this staff another year or 2. We will be very dangerous!

Reactions: indy35
I am so sick of every idiot in Louisville who can afford a suit being considered “in the know” by you darn Card fans. No one but Brohm knows. Louisville sources may know what their offer is, and may have talked with Brohms agent, but they could not have made that offer or talked to Brohm about it yet otherwise they are paying the full buyout, and could possibly be sued for tortious interference with a contract. After the season Brohm is free to talk to Louisville, and he very well may go there, but no one but him knows now. Until he signs no one will know.
People talk to companies about openings every day of the week - just as HCs talk (directly or indirectly) with schools about vacancies. There’s nothing illegal, tortious or actionable about it. Suggesting that there is - is just silly.

247 reported the recruiting staff sent out texts to all recruits not to worry. I believe the text to be true and if it really says "we are going nowhere". I doubt George would make a comment about this as well. Give this staff another year or 2. We will be very dangerous!
Their staff continues to do their job until it’s not their job to do anymore. This happens at every school that faces losing their coach. The head coach always says the right thing up until a new contract is agreed on. Until CJB comes out and says he’s not leaving for any other job, which he has failed to do, your fans will continue to be on pins and needles.

Reactions: studed
He's had plenty of chances to just say he's staying. He hasn't. If he was staying, and knew it....he'd say it. So, at the very least, he's on the fence or considering the opportunity of UL.

Reactions: studed
This reminds me of when I watched Tom Herman stand in front of Houston locker room on ESPN and say I'm not going anywhere, I'm happy where I am, this is my team, etc... Only to sign with Texas hours later that night. Nobody knows but Brohm so lets hope MBob is building a worthy list just in case.

Reactions: indyogb and studed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT