ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Staff Overhaul

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
We saw what Brohm was able to do with the defense in the offseason with a new staff. This offense has also struggled the past few years. Is it time for an overhaul of the offensive staff. It appears our WRs are performing. But not sure we're getting the most out of our OL, RBs, or QBs.

Is it time for an upgrade?

We saw what Brohm was able to do with the defense in the offseason with a new staff. This offense has also struggled the past few years. Is it time for an overhaul of the offensive staff. It appears our WRs are performing. But not sure we're getting the most out of our OL, RBs, or QBs.

Which staff members do you find most offensive?

only ones that would see the hatchet are the 2 ol coaches and Barkley. At this point, I don’t think Barkley is an issue.
If anything, I’d look at s&c this off-season. I get having a talent issue on the ol, that shouldn’t mean our upperclassmen our outmuscled too

Nepotism can be a good or bad thing

Reactions: purduepat1969
only ones that would see the hatchet are the 2 ol coaches and Barkley. At this point, I don’t think Barkley is an issue.
If anything, I’d look at s&c this off-season. I get having a talent issue on the ol, that shouldn’t mean our upperclassmen our outmuscled too
I don't really see Barclay as a problem either. If anything, the RBs have overachieved for their talent level and the holes the OL is providing...

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
They all seem to end up either outmuscled or injured. It’s not a stretch to say both are symptomatic of S&C issues.

Grant Hermanns was apparently a unicorn for both developing into starter quality Big Ten OL and making it through five years.

I knew there were going to be issues this summer when the talk was about how much stronger Witt was than the others. That, and the three nearly simultaneous medical retirements.

Last edited:
They all seem to end up either outmuscled or injured. It’s not a stretch to say both are symptomatic of S&C issues.

Grant Hermanns was apparently a unicorn for both developing into starter quality Big Ten OL and making it through five years.

I knew there were going to be issues this summer when the talk was about how much stronger Witt was than the others. That, and the three nearly simultaneous medical retirements.
Even he dealt with injury.

Reactions: FirstDownB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT