ADVERTISEMENT

NW Game Thread

Side note: Love the enthusiasm Stephens is showing on the bench...genuinely happy for his teammates and cheering them on.

Sure hope he gets his chance this season.

Reactions: WarBoiler44
th

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Side note: Love the enthusiasm Stephens is showing on the bench...genuinely happy for his teammates and cheering them on.

Sure hope he gets his chance this season.

He's gotten his chance. This season, and the last two. He's simply not what we thought he'd be. Hopefully he can provide solid minutes behind Cline and Mathias next year.

Cline is our best shooter and it's not close. He may be starting next year.

Hopefully we at least look for him. Why a good shooter would choose to play for Painter is beyond me. I'm glad he's at Purdue, but he'll never get the chance to shine like he could at other schools.

Hopefully we at least look for him. Why a good shooter would choose to play for Painter is beyond me. I'm glad he's at Purdue, but he'll never get the chance to shine like he could at other schools.
Except a bunch of really good shooters have chosen to play for him. Not sure what to tell you...

:cool:
I don't understand this comment. Good shooter have always been featured at Purdue. Look at Cline. You can't shoot from the outside every time, you know, right? The opponents try to stop it when you do. You have to play inside out We do a pretty good job at that so somebody thinks we might be the 17th best team in the country.

I remarked to my wife at the end of te half that 1 or2 of Northwestern's big men should have already fouled out. Every rebound they were trying to push Purdue's guys out of the paint by physically pushing. - Fouling almost every time. The refs let them play a bit, but the fouls still got NW's bigs out of the game. Lots of hacking and elbows as they tried to rebound with us Too rough for my liking.

:cool:

Name the last shooter "featured" under Painter.
Teague, Moore, Hummel, TJ, Byrd. How is that for off the top of my head? Lately Stevens, Mathias, Cline. Remember, Stevens lead the team in scoring the first half of last year. With the firepower we have inside, Purdue is a jump shooter's dream team.

E'Twaun, Robbie, Teague ... highly featured. Many others at various times and situations.

Apparently our expectations are very different. We haven't had great great shooters. We've had some good ones. Moore and Hummel were good shooters. Moore got his shots within a system. Hummel was our only option once JJ and Moore moved on. TJ was okay. Byrd was okay. Both had their moments, but neither kept anyone up at night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT