ADVERTISEMENT

Not a good start for Edey

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Ugly performance really. Fouled out in just 15 minutes. 5 pts, 5 rebounds. Missed 4 of 5 free throws. Was completely outplayed by Walker Kessler.

Ugly performance really. Fouled out in just 15 minutes. 5 pts, 5 rebounds. Missed 4 of 5 free throws. Was completely outplayed by Walker Kessler.
I would imagine Summer League and Preseason is not that far odd from high level Division 1.

NBA regular season is a huge jump. Memphis has obviously seen what they want on practice by starting him, but there will be a huge learning curve to start the season. Hopefully they ate patient with him.

This shouldn’t be unexpected. 82 games getting the rookie whistle. Opponents wanting to prove themselves over him. He and the team just need to be patient this season. At the same time, as long as he demonstrates improvement as the season goes on, with his work ethic, he should be fine.

He probably forgot he's not in the B1G anymore where physical play is steps 1-11 to stopping another big man.

I think he'll adjust

You gotta give him half a season to adjust. He was still very effective in the game. Great screens and he drew fouls too. I think his coach is willing to let him play through the learning curve. Grizzlies forwards were awful yesterday defensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT