ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern game

72Boiler

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2017
So far, I know for sure I'll be at the Northwestern game. Does anyone know if they have sold out that game, or how close it is to a sell out? Or do they have to wait until the students start back, on 8/20; and give them a week, or so?

So far, I know for sure I'll be at the Northwestern game. Does anyone know if they have sold out that game, or how close it is to a sell out? Or do they have to wait until the students start back, on 8/20; and give them a week, or so?

Not even close to a sellout according to StubHub. Might get closer the week of but I’m going to guess it’ll be about 53k which is about 4K short of a sellout.

Not even close to a sellout according to StubHub. Might get closer the week of but I’m going to guess it’ll be about 53k which is about 4K short of a sellout.
Okay, thanks for that info. I do wonder how many seats they alot to the students. I would think/hope that sales should be very popular now, especially after a real thrilling Bowl win, last year. It's also a really affordable student season ticket price. So I hope they come out in force, to support the Boilers.

Does anyone happen to know how many seats that allow for the students, when they start back? I'm just curious, since I know they can really make some noise, and affect the whole atmosphere of the place.

You can get a good idea for student area and how many tickets are available by going to purduesports.com and looking at what seats are available. They had the flash sale a week or so ago and told out a few sections on the end. For the area blocked out around the student section it went from the north 40 yard line to about "2:00" on the curve. On the west side of the field between the goal lines they have very few tickets but the north endzone there are a lot available. I think right now they have $11 tickets there which comes with a $5 food voucher so they will probably sell a lot of those. They are making a strong effort to sell out, and I would not be surprised if they do with the type of promotions they are having.

You can get a good idea for student area and how many tickets are available by going to purduesports.com and looking at what seats are available. They had the flash sale a week or so ago and told out a few sections on the end. For the area blocked out around the student section it went from the north 40 yard line to about "2:00" on the curve. On the west side of the field between the goal lines they have very few tickets but the north endzone there are a lot available. I think right now they have $11 tickets there which comes with a $5 food voucher so they will probably sell a lot of those. They are making a strong effort to sell out, and I would not be surprised if they do with the type of promotions they are having.
Most helpful, thank you. Looks like we have a ways to go.

Don’t know about a sellout but my season tickets arrived today!! Three weeks and two wake ups

I'm surprised it sounds like so many available. I'm really pumped for this game... Hopefully we sell out

This could be the largest student section game since OSU in 2000. Atmosphere should be tremendous!

I would expect a monster student section for this game hopefully 18-20k students which would likely sell out RA
Man I wish students still got tickets with their enrollment! Some of those crowds when I was a kid were crazy!! I can’t tell you how many times I was hit by streaming toilet paper! Those days I sat with my dad in the seats that were actually inside the old chain linked fence and on the field in front of the student section. Fun times indeed!

Reactions: Inspector100
Man I wish students still got tickets with their enrollment! Some of those crowds when I was a kid were crazy!! I can’t tell you how many times I was hit by streaming toilet paper! Those days I sat with my dad in the seats that were actually inside the old chain linked fence and on the field in front of the student section. Fun times indeed!

How about the marshmallows soaked in coke

Oh for Sure! There were occasions when the entire student section was a whiteout as it broke out in all out marshmallow warfare. That made for some sticky aisles...lol.

When we ran out we would make the drunkest person in our group stand up and hundreds of marshmallows would rain down on them

Reactions: BoilerBloodline
No matter how "beautiful" campus is made by high rise glass palaces it's the year of living in a crappy apartment and fun with tp and marshmallows with friends that holds the fondest place in an alum's memories years later.

When we ran out we would make the drunkest person in our group stand up and hundreds of marshmallows would rain down on them
In many of those years my buddy and I would go sell cokes at the games and back then they referred to each of us as “Mr. Mixer”, since we were bringing them coke for their Jack...LMAO!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT