ADVERTISEMENT

Non PU related, but how does Sean Miller continue to have a job?

MathBoy

Appreciate your respect and support. As far as correcting other people’s opinion, I guess that’s just how I am. But if we’re setting the record straight, BoilerAndy didn’t have an opinion of Cal, he flat out called Cal a cheater (with nothing to substantiate his claims). I understand that was his opinion, but he’s flat wrong, and there’s nothing that supports his sentiments. That’s the only reason I interjected my thoughts. As an IU fan I despise UK as much as the next guy, but it’s not because I think they cheat (they don’t need too), they’re just better than everyone.

I wonder why?

What true Purdue fan starts multiple threads about Steve Alford (and acts like he's the seconcoming of Christ)? Most real Purdue fans can't stand Steve Alford yet you have such an admirable affinity for him to return to Indiana. You talk about Michael Lewis all the time (another Indiana player). Face it, you're old timer Indiana fan disappointed with the way Indiana handled Bobby Knight. Instead of acting like a big boy and getting over, you thought pretending to root for Purdue would really show IU up. You probably rooted for Texas Tech at one point. Again, you aren't fooling anyone. You may "root" for Purdue, but you're no Purdue fan. How many games have you gone too? Do you own season tickets? Do you donate to their university? You've been called out by numerous posters over the the years on here. Stop pretending, time to grow up.

What true IU fan deems himself the expert in all things Purdue? To set the record straight...I've made two posts about Alford...he's Indiana born and bred. I've also posted about Lewis because WHEN I was an IU fan, he was what IU basketball was about, and yes, I'd much rather see him as a PU assistant than see him with Cronin at UCLA. Lewis would bring a lot of grit to the program. I've also posted about Cal and UK, Missouri and Conzo, Izzo, Beliein, Sean Miller, Wade, Bruce Webber, Billie's Donovan and Gillespie, and just about every other coach in the game. I've also posted on Lil' Archie and his success at Dayton and his failures at IU.

No matter what Math thinks, I see Courtsense in everyone of your posts. And your argumentative nature and incredible need to be right about everything fits Know it All Court to a "T". I've looked at a lot of IU posts and never see you there under this current handle.

Face it Court....or whomever your next handle will be...you don't have a clue and you post to attempt to validate that you're someone important. As for TT...I've supported all of those who coached at IU or another location from the Knight tree. Something you can't claim you've done.

Oh, and one other thing....I've supported Painter and the team far more over the past few years than some who are PU grads. Now go back to arguing wiht your daddy, Victor Bear.

MathBoy

Appreciate your respect and support. As far as correcting other people’s opinion, I guess that’s just how I am. But if we’re setting the record straight, BoilerAndy didn’t have an opinion of Cal, he flat out called Cal a cheater (with nothing to substantiate his claims). I understand that was his opinion, but he’s flat wrong, and there’s nothing that supports his sentiments. That’s the only reason I interjected my thoughts. As an IU fan I despise UK as much as the next guy, but it’s not because I think they cheat (they don’t need too), they’re just better than everyone.
And whatever I said, it triggered you to the point that you simply can't get over it. If I'm going to play your game... you continue to show your dishonesty. You said I "flat out called Cal a cheater." For someone who seems to pride himself in parsing words, you aren't very good at parsing your own.

You claim to know that Cal has never deviated from the rules -- which you cannot possibly know. Most of the rest of college basketball disagrees with you.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
NCAA is a clown show . They only go after smaller schools that cheat half as much as bigger schools. I don’t know why someone doesn’t start another association to rival the ncaa. They could say the ncaa is a monopoly and unbelievable collusion is involved. Maybe I am dreaming. I think that Knight was always bitching about. I have probably become an old kremudgen .

While the NCAA is certainly not perfect, they are DAMNED if they do, DAMNED if they don't.

You have people screaming on one side that they are sticklers, control too much, don't let players make money, etc.

Then you have people screaming on the other side that they don't enforce rules, don't regulate recruiting, etc.

Well, newsflash....those are 2 very conflicting arguments.

Let's take players making money on their likeness. How does that not just result in making what is going on here 100 times worse? I, a booster for X school, will pay you $10,000 for an autograph! I, a booster for Y school, will pay you $100,000 to come to my business for an hour to speak.

The NCAA is in a no win situation. They clamp down, they look like the bad guys. In all reality, you'd hope that the institutions themselves would have enough pride to not be caught up in these things......
When did they look like the bad guys? When UNC Asheville gets penalized for UNC cheating? Hell did they do anything about Zion? How about Lil Archie’s brother? They know cheating is going on and they take a blind eye in regards to their cash cows. Do you really think they’d be doing a damn thing if the FBI hadn’t gotten involved!??

Reactions: Schnelk
When did they look like the bad guys? When UNC Asheville gets penalized for UNC cheating? Hell did they do anything about Zion? How about Lil Archie’s brother? They know cheating is going on and they take a blind eye in regards to their cash cows. Do you really think they’d be doing a damn thing if the FBI hadn’t gotten involved!??
Nope.

And whatever I said, it triggered you to the point that you simply can't get over it. If I'm going to play your game... you continue to show your dishonesty. You said I "flat out called Cal a cheater." For someone who seems to pride himself in parsing words, you aren't very good at parsing your own.

You claim to know that Cal has never deviated from the rules -- which you cannot possibly know. Most of the rest of college basketball disagrees with you.
Keep in mind you're talking about courtsense. He likes to make stuff up and try and pass it off as fact and fails miserably at it.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
59d249abadaae.image.jpg
this is incorrect. March Madness brings in billions, not millions

Amateur athletics has been corrupted long before big money.

If the players want money, go pro. Period. The school's revenue is irrelevant.

What people don't understand is where the money goes. It's not like people at the NCAA are getting paid millions of dollars because the NCAA Tournament brings in so much money.

The NCAA distributes so much of this money to its conferences ($600 million) and it also uses the money to put on top-notch events (NCAA Championships cost $100 million to put on). Another $100 million is allocated for athlete needs - so if a family member dies, the school can actually pay for the athlete to fly home.

The NCAA Basketball Tournament is one of the most well thought out, organized events that puts the athletes first. It's a great experience and it is not cheap to organize these.

What people don't understand is where the money goes. It's not like people at the NCAA are getting paid millions of dollars because the NCAA Tournament brings in so much money.

The NCAA distributes so much of this money to its conferences ($600 million) and it also uses the money to put on top-notch events (NCAA Championships cost $100 million to put on). Another $100 million is allocated for athlete needs - so if a family member dies, the school can actually pay for the athlete to fly home.

The NCAA Basketball Tournament is one of the most well thought out, organized events that puts the athletes first. It's a great experience and it is not cheap to organize these.

Most of the money revenue generated by the NCAA that gets redistributed back to its member schools are used to fund scholarships. It ain't cheap funding 200+ student-athletes a year. The money the schools make off athletics are typically through TV deals negotiated by the conference. Purdue is making it's money off the BTN, not the NCAA.

Miller is a lot like his little brother, "The Arch" in that he gets a ton of talent and yet has never been past the Elite 8. All that money spent and that's all you get?

Gets a ton of talent? Guy coached 6 years at Dayton and not once ever signed a top 100 recruit and has only signed 3 top 100 recruits at IU who are all within a 3 hour drive from Bloomington. Exaggerate much?

That fact that he's been to an Elite 8 without any top 100 players speaks volumes to his brother who can't get past the Elite 8 despite signing 5 star players year after year.
I think he had more 4-5 stars than we did and didn’t make the Big Dance.

I think he had more 4-5 stars than we did and didn’t make the Big Dance.

Sean or Archie? Regardless it’s irrelevant to the original comment. Archie doesn’t recruit in the same stratosphere as his brother. Arizona has had a top 10 class 8 out of the last 10 years under Sean. Archie in 8 years as a head coach has 1 class that has been ranked in the top 50 of the 247 composite. They aren’t remotely comparable.

Sean or Archie? Regardless it’s irrelevant to the original comment. Archie doesn’t recruit in the same stratosphere as his brother. Arizona has had a top 10 class 8 out of the last 10 years under Sean. Archie in 8 years as a head coach has 1 class that has been ranked in the top 50 of the 247 composite. They aren’t remotely comparable.
No idea what his class rankings were but he's pulled some highly rated guys to iu. At this point there's no excuse not to make the tournament next year. Rivalries aside, i really just don't think archie is that great of a coach, or at least he hasn't shown it. Definitely not a terrible coach. But not a bob knight type which is what most hardcore iu fans expect. Iu needs another special coach if they ever are going to start winning championships again.

Reactions: Purdue85
No idea what his class rankings were but he's pulled some highly rated guys to iu. At this point there's no excuse not to make the tournament next year. Rivalries aside, i really just don't think archie is that great of a coach, or at least he hasn't shown it. Definitely not a terrible coach. But not a bob knight type which is what most hardcore iu fans expect. Iu needs another special coach if they ever are going to start winning championships again.

I don't see them making that kind of hire. Matt Painter is head and shoulders above anyone they've had since Knight, with the possible exception of Kelvin Sanctions.

I don't see them making that kind of hire. Matt Painter is head and shoulders above anyone they've had since Knight, with the possible exception of Kelvin Sanctions.
If they do it will have to fall into their lap, unless some established coach secretly has iu as a dream job. Their last however many hires are a pretty good indication that like most teams, they can't just hire whoever they want. Only about 3 or 4 teams in college bball have that luxury.

If they do it will have to fall into their lap, unless some established coach secretly has iu as a dream job. Their last however many hires are a pretty good indication that like most teams, they can't just hire whoever they want. Only about 3 or 4 teams in college bball have that luxury.
A lot of iu fans still see their program as elite. In reality they could be 3rd or 4th in the state. Obviously they can’t get their first few choices for coach. I remember iu fans saying they’d get Mark Few. I asked them why he’d leave a better program to come to that hot mess.
Oh they still get the stud of the state. I hear the bragging that they’ve pulled the last 2 Mr. basketball winners. Does anybody honestly believe that lil Archie is better than Painter!? Do you think Romeo would have been standing in the corner not doing a thing playing for Purdue?
The fans still want what they once had and so does he state media. That status has disappeared like a fart in the wind.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
A lot of iu fans still see their program as elite. In reality they could be 3rd or 4th in the state. Obviously they can’t get their first few choices for coach. I remember iu fans saying they’d get Mark Few. I asked them why he’d leave a better program to come to that hot mess.
Oh they still get the stud of the state. I hear the bragging that they’ve pulled the last 2 Mr. basketball winners. Does anybody honestly believe that lil Archie is better than Painter!? Do you think Romeo would have been standing in the corner not doing a thing playing for Purdue?
The fans still want what they once had and so does he state media. That status has disappeared like a fart in the wind.
I would think that IU fans living outside the state of Indiana have a clue. The IUStar is such a cheerleader for their program that the gap-tooths and other resident fans believe the propaganda that they are the "flagship" program for the state and the B1G.

Reactions: Purdue85
IU still has strong residual "cred" in the state. Older people still think of them as the basketball center of the state. It will probably sta y that way until Purdue or Butler win an NC. All those IU banners from years ago have some relavence in the minds of Indiana residents still. However, the kids now days don't carry that same respect for things that happened before they were born.

So, they get two Mr. Basketballs? We know Lanford went there because UL -Petino got canned. What drove TJD to go to IU? That is an interesting question.

I think we are going to discover that TJD is not the player that either Haarms or Williams is. Nor could he beat out Dow for the first center off the bench after Haarms graduates. Simply stated, he would not play at Purdue, and if he wanted to stay close, then IU was his best option. That is my theory on his recruitment.

:cool:

Reactions: Schnelk
IU still has strong residual "cred" in the state. Older people still think of them as the basketball center of the state. It will probably sta y that way until Purdue or Butler win an NC. All those IU banners from years ago have some relavence in the minds of Indiana residents still. However, the kids now days don't carry that same respect for things that happened before they were born.

So, they get two Mr. Basketballs? We know Lanford went there because UL -Petino got canned. What drove TJD to go to IU? That is an interesting question.

I think we are going to discover that TJD is not the player that either Haarms or Williams is. Nor could he beat out Dow for the first center off the bench after Haarms graduates. Simply stated, he would not play at Purdue, and if he wanted to stay close, then IU was his best option. That is my theory on his recruitment.

Except TJD doesn’t play center and Purdue recruited him very hard.

We know, after watching Langford this year that Lil' Arch will allow him to play as he wants to play. According to my friend who's kids played with TJD, we might expect more of the Langford attitude.

I have no problem with others opinions. I only responded to BoilerAndy who said Cal “deviates from recruiting violations”. Was just trying to set the record straight that Cal has never been implicated, let alone been found guilty of any recruiting violations, let alone NCAA violations. What happened at UMass and at Memphis have nothing to do with recruiting, but because BoilerAndy doesn’t know his face from his ass he’s quick with the trigger. Andy probably has a neighbor or a brother in-law who has a semi-firm grasp of the college basketball world and because of that can BS his way into sounding half way intelligent in a one off argument but shits the bed whenever real facts come into play. I didn’t make the rules, but I have heard Andy is the biggest tool on GBI. Purdue85 can exhale for now.
I think it’s more of a 1, 1a sort of ranking. (Your killing me 16!)

Because nobody really cares, and, more so, because the school itself cares the least and it is the only entity that really can take any action.

NCAA has no interest in the matter, and, no power to do anything. Schools do not care, as, they simply care about winning and revenue.
Pls explain why the NCAA has no power. I understand they don’t care but why no power?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT