ADVERTISEMENT

Non PU related, but how does Sean Miller continue to have a job?

He just landed Jordan Brown, a 6'11" transfer from Nevada. Brown has to sit a year, but how in the Sam Hell does the NCAA allow him to continue to coach with the FBI findings?

For that matter....how does Wade and others keep their jobs?
Because nobody really cares, and, more so, because the school itself cares the least and it is the only entity that really can take any action.

NCAA has no interest in the matter, and, no power to do anything. Schools do not care, as, they simply care about winning and revenue.

NCAA is a clown show . They only go after smaller schools that cheat half as much as bigger schools. I don’t know why someone doesn’t start another association to rival the ncaa. They could say the ncaa is a monopoly and unbelievable collusion is involved. Maybe I am dreaming. I think that Knight was always bitching about. I have probably become an old kremudgen .

NCAA is a clown show . They only go after smaller schools that cheat half as much as bigger schools. I don’t know why someone doesn’t start another association to rival the ncaa. They could say the ncaa is a monopoly and unbelievable collusion is involved. Maybe I am dreaming. I think that Knight was always bitching about. I have probably become an old kremudgen .

Only problem is that it would rip apart the NCAA right while Purdue is ascending

Reactions: Schnelk

The NCAA are the member institutions. The NCAA isn’t a separate entity chosen at random to govern college athletics, it’s literally a collection of representatives from member schools. The little guys, the ones that get punished, are the ones who need the NCAA the most. The athletic departments of the Cleveland State’s or Cal Poly’s of the world exist because of the Kansas or the Arizona or the Alabama’s of the world. The money they (the NCAA) bring in for athletics is redistributed among the member schools. It’s how scholarships are funded.

Reactions: yotheo and 70boiler
They need to make larger schools in one division and smaller schools in another division. It would be just like Indiana high school basketball.

They need to make larger schools in one division and smaller schools in another division. It would be just like Indiana high school basketball.

They already have 3 divisions and already split D1 football into two subdivisions. Teams electing to move out of D1 would forfeit part of their revenue share and would have to eliminate certain sports. They couldn’t support them. It’s literally how it works already.

59d249abadaae.image.jpg

Miller is a lot like his little brother, "The Arch" in that he gets a ton of talent and yet has never been past the Elite 8. All that money spent and that's all you get?

Gets a ton of talent? Guy coached 6 years at Dayton and not once ever signed a top 100 recruit and has only signed 3 top 100 recruits at IU who are all within a 3 hour drive from Bloomington. Exaggerate much?

That fact that he's been to an Elite 8 without any top 100 players speaks volumes to his brother who can't get past the Elite 8 despite signing 5 star players year after year.

While the NCAA is certainly not perfect, they are DAMNED if they do, DAMNED if they don't.

You have people screaming on one side that they are sticklers, control too much, don't let players make money, etc.

Then you have people screaming on the other side that they don't enforce rules, don't regulate recruiting, etc.

Well, newsflash....those are 2 very conflicting arguments.

Let's take players making money on their likeness. How does that not just result in making what is going on here 100 times worse? I, a booster for X school, will pay you $10,000 for an autograph! I, a booster for Y school, will pay you $100,000 to come to my business for an hour to speak.

The NCAA is in a no win situation. They clamp down, they look like the bad guys. In all reality, you'd hope that the institutions themselves would have enough pride to not be caught up in these things......

Miller is a lot like his little brother, "The Arch" in that he gets a ton of talent and yet has never been past the Elite 8. All that money spent and that's all you get?
S. miller is a far superior coach than a. Miller imo. Though it's not saying much because Archie is terrible.

Gets a ton of talent? Guy coached 6 years at Dayton and not once ever signed a top 100 recruit and has only signed 3 top 100 recruits at IU who are all within a 3 hour drive from Bloomington. Exaggerate much?

That fact that he's been to an Elite 8 without any top 100 players speaks volumes to his brother who can't get past the Elite 8 despite signing 5 star players year after year.
You're wrong again. As usual. Miller did have a top 100 recruit at Dayton, along with several in the top 125, which when you get to the top 100 and beyond isn't much different.

You're wrong again. As usual. Miller did have a top 100 recruit at Dayton, along with several in the top 125, which when you get to the top 100 and beyond isn't much different.

You said Archie is like his brother in the sense they both get a ton of talent? Since when is signing fringe top 100 to 125th ranked players considered “a ton of talent”? Sean Miller signed more 5* this recruiting class alone on top of an incoming 5* transfer from Nevada than Archie has in his 9 year coaching career. How on Earth are you going to insinuate that Archie recruits anywhere near the same planet, let alone galaxy as his brother Sean.

Who was the top 100 recruit at Dayton? Per the 247Composite (average ranking of all the recruiting sites) Kostas Antetokounmpo was Archie’s highest rated recruit at 102. And I’ll let you in on a little secret, Kostas was a partial qualifier coming out of high school coming over for Greece, he was in Archie’s last recruiting class and redshirted and didn’t play a minute under Archie while he was at Dayton. I also specifically said he never signed a top 100 recruit. Signing somebody between 101-125 makes that statement accurate. But go on ahead and enlighten me on how Archie and his brother recruit at the same level.

Last edited:
You said Archie is like his brother in the sense they both get a ton of talent? Since when is signing fringe top 100 to 125th ranked players considered “a ton of talent”? Sean Miller signed more 5* this recruiting class alone on top of an incoming 5* transfer from Nevada than Archie has in his 9 year coaching career. How on Earth are you going to insinuate that Archie recruits anywhere near the same planet, let alone galaxy as his brother Sean.

Who was the top 100 recruit at Dayton? Per the 247Composite (average ranking of all the recruiting sites) Kostas Antetokounmpo was Archie’s highest rated recruit at 102. And I’ll let you in on a little secret, Kostas was a partial qualifier coming out of high school coming over for Greece, he was in Archie’s last recruiting class and redshirted and didn’t play a minute under Archie while he was at Dayton. I also specifically said he never signed a top 100 recruit. Signing somebody between 101-125 makes that statement accurate. But go on ahead and enlighten me on how Archie and his brother recruit at the same level.

You sure seem to have an unquenchable thirst to be "right" all the time. Have you ever noticed how prone to fights / arguments you are? On this site and The Hoosier. You make some good points from time to time but...damn, it's got to be exhausting being you.

Reactions: Purdue85
You sure seem to have an unquenchable thirst to be "right" all the time. Have you ever noticed how prone to fights / arguments you are? On this site and The Hoosier. You make some good points from time to time but...damn, it's got to be exhausting being you.

Am I wrong? Doesn’t take a lot of effort or research to know Archie didn’t land any top 100 recruits at Dayton and it takes even less effort to understand that Archie doesn’t recruit anywhere near the talent his brother does who’s widely considered the best recruiter in the game.

If you knew anything about TD, he’s an IU fan who switched allegiances when Knight was fired because he was “sticking it to the man”. Every other post of his is degrading IU’s coach (because he isn’t Knight) or chastising IU because they didn’t bring home the prodigal son (Alford), all on a Purdue site. Consider the source please.

Am I wrong? Doesn’t take a lot of effort or research to know Archie didn’t land any top 100 recruits at Dayton and it takes even less effort to understand that Archie doesn’t recruit anywhere near the talent his brother does who’s widely considered the best recruiter in the game.

If you knew anything about TD, he’s an IU fan who switched allegiances when Knight was fired because he was “sticking it to the man”. Every other post of his is degrading IU’s coach (because he isn’t Knight) or chastising IU because they didn’t bring home the prodigal son (Alford), all on a Purdue site. Consider the source please.

Yes.

Yes, you are wrong. VERY wrong.

Pick your moments, dude.

I'm known for taking people to task from time to time. To a fault. I also frequently avoid engaging for the sake of sanity. You've become an annoying boil on the backside of life.

You've made your point.

Yeah, there are a couple of posters here who seemingly cannot help themselves re their omnipresent need to mention IU in posts. Personally, I find it somewhat obnoxious (although sometimes there's some witty & funny content).

I have no in-depth idea of Archie's recruiting but he seems to be doing decent / pretty good so far...it's getting the pieces to gel which so far has been a bit of an issue. Big 3rd year coming up for both him and the program. TJD & Franklin are very good adds.

Curious: strictly seeking your opinion -- do you think Sean Miller is dirty?

I think you are accurate in describing Archie's relative poor track record of recruiting at Dayton. I also think that if Slick Rick had not been fired at L'ville, Archie's recruiting at Indiana might look very similar - no Romeo. That presupposes that IU carries a recruiting advantage in the state of Indiana that you really have to be bad to screw up. I am not sensing Lil Archie is able to use that recruiting advantage to his benefit so far. I don't see a world beater class coming in although I like TJD.

Now, you have to admit, most of the posts degrading Lil Archie have been on the IU board. I really don't think there has been much in the way of negative, or positive posts about him here, at least compared to the name-calling cat-fight currently burning on the IU free board. The postings are down right ugly there.

From my perspective, Archie has not had enough time to prove himself a good or bad coach at the BIG level. He needs to have one more year to sort out his classes and get his system installed. His recruiting is not pointing up at this point, but he does have some nice players to work with from previous classes. I think the 2019/2020 season will tell the tale.

I think you are accurate in describing Archie's relative poor track record of recruiting at Dayton. I also think that if Slick Rick had not been fired at L'ville, Archie's recruiting at Indiana might look very similar - no Romeo. That presupposes that IU carries a recruiting advantage in the state of Indiana that you really have to be bad to screw up. I am not sensing Lil Archie is able to use that recruiting advantage to his benefit so far. I don't see a world beater class coming in although I like TJD.

Now, you have to admit, most of the posts degrading Lil Archie have been on the IU board. I really don't think there has been much in the way of negative, or positive posts about him here, at least compared to the name-calling cat-fight currently burning on the IU free board. The postings are down right ugly there.

From my perspective, Archie has not had enough time to prove himself a good or bad coach at the BIG level. He needs to have one more year to sort out his classes and get his system installed. His recruiting is not pointing up at this point, but he does have some nice players to work with from previous classes. I think the 2019/2020 season will tell the tale.

With you 100%. Here’s my take, I think Archie can coach. My fear is whether or not Archie can recruit and/or construct a roster that allows him to compete at the top of the B10. But it’s too early to tell. I think he’s shown more coaching in 2 years than Crean did in 9 years, problem is Archie hasn’t assembled a roster like Crean could. But it’s early. There was no doubt Crean could land top talent only to prove how incompetent he was.

Personally I respect Archie’s approach to recruiting. It rivals Painter’s. Recruit to fit rather than chase the stars. Archie wasn’t in a position to say no to Langford, but Langford showed Archie wasn’t yet ready to handle a star. I like our targets for 2020, Galloway, Leal, etc are quality four year players. I hope we land them, but also hope Archie gets his due diligence to incorporate them in his system.

Yeah, there are a couple of posters here who seemingly cannot help themselves re their omnipresent need to mention IU in posts. Personally, I find it somewhat obnoxious (although sometimes there's some witty & funny content).

I have no in-depth idea of Archie's recruiting but he seems to be doing decent / pretty good so far...it's getting the pieces to gel which so far has been a bit of an issue. Big 3rd year coming up for both him and the program. TJD & Franklin are very good adds.

Curious: strictly seeking your opinion -- do you think Sean Miller is dirty?

Tough to answer on Sean Miller. Dirty probably, I think a lot of guys are, but I don’t think he’s as directly involved as many think. I think he has an idea of what goes behind the scenes, but I think it’s also a don’t ask don’t tell type deal. I believe it’s that way at a lot programs even with coaches who no one would expect to be dirty. That’s the pressure and expectation to win at the highest level.

Yes.

Yes, you are wrong. VERY wrong.

Pick your moments, dude.

I'm known for taking people to task from time to time. To a fault. I also frequently avoid engaging for the sake of sanity. You've become an annoying boil on the backside of life.

You've made your point.

Thanks for responding.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Tough to answer on Sean Miller. Dirty probably, I think a lot of guys are, but I don’t think he’s as directly involved as many think. I think he has an idea of what goes behind the scenes, but I think it’s also a don’t ask don’t tell type deal. I believe it’s that way at a lot programs even with coaches who no one would expect to be dirty. That’s the pressure and expectation to win at the highest level.
Sean Miller=dirty but not directly involved
John Calipari=clean because he wasn’t directly involved.
Your mothers name isn’t Cybil by any chance, is it?

Reactions: BoilerAndy
It sounds like two people from the IU board....Courtsense who has to be right or he cries like a baby, or James Reamer, a wanna be AAU coach.

You are SFOS.

One of the strangest recruiting journeys of the class of 2016 ended last Thursday when Kostas Antetokounmpo surprised everyone with a commitment to Dayton to play for coach Archie Miller.

The Greek Freak’s younger brother is Miller’s highest-rated recruit since he started coaching the Flyers. Antetokounmpo is rated as a top-100 recruit across all major recruiting websites and is Dayton’s second four-star recruit since 2013.

Please check your fax “he gets a ton of talent and yet has never been past the elite eight??”
He has not had any talent of any significance until he got to Indiana. How did he get to the elite eight? With fledgling talent and limited numbers on the bench. There was also some luck because of the strength of schedule they played in the NCAA tournament to get to the elite eight.
He did not have talent at Dayton, That’s why it is such a surprise that he is struggling so much at IU.

One of the strangest recruiting journeys of the class of 2016 ended last Thursday when Kostas Antetokounmpo surprised everyone with a commitment to Dayton to play for coach Archie Miller.

The Greek Freak’s younger brother is Miller’s highest-rated recruit since he started coaching the Flyers. Antetokounmpo is rated as a top-100 recruit across all major recruiting websites and is Dayton’s second four-star recruit since 2013.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kostas-Antetokounmpo-81333/high-school-141022/

Just leaving this here. And again remind me when Kostas ever played for Archie.

Actually, tell you what, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that Archie recruited ONE guy in 6 years at Dayton that some services considered a top 100 recruit. Please do tell me how that equates to “recruits a ton of talent like his brother Sean”?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT