ADVERTISEMENT

Non PU related, but how does Sean Miller continue to have a job?

Sean Miller=dirty but not directly involved
John Calipari=clean because he wasn’t directly involved.
Your mothers name isn’t Cybil by any chance, is it?

Facts: Sean Miller and the University of Arizona have been served a notice of allegations pertaining to Level 1 violations

Facts: John Calipari has never once been implicated by the NCAA, let alone been found guilty by the NCAA

(By the way I gave my opinion on Miller, didn’t say he was innocent/guilty one way or the other)

(Calipari has been cleared by the NCAA of any guilt)

Get some rest, you’re gonna need it.

Facts: Sean Miller and the University of Arizona have been served a notice of allegations pertaining to Level 1 violations

Facts: John Calipari has never once been implicated by the NCAA, let alone been found guilty by the NCAA

(By the way I gave my opinion on Miller, didn’t say he was innocent/guilty one way or the other)

You're extremely naive if you don't think calipari plays the game just like all the other cheating coaches.

You have already discredited the NCAA. Any other proof?

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
How is that a dodge? You discredited them, not me.
I can go further. Two programs were found in violation of NCAA rules while Calipari was head coach. There is no refuting that.
Show me where I am wrong.

John Calipari has never been implicated on any NCAA violations and the NCAA has gone as far as clearing him from any guilt associated with UMass and Memphis. How many times do I need to say that? Do I need type it in French next time? What isn't registering?

"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching." "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that." ----- RMK

"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching." "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that." ----- RMK

As much as I respect Coach Kinight, he's dead wrong on this. UMass wasn't put on probation because of John Calipari. UMass was put on probation because Marcus Camby took money from a hometown agent with 5 games left in his career. Memphis wasn't put on probation because of John Calipari. Memphis was put on probation because the NCAA retroactively ruled Derrick Rose was ineligible. In fact, the NCAA went as far as to say this:

"The university was placed on three years’ probation and ordered to return the revenue from the 2008 N.C.A.A. tournament. The N.C.A.A. also found major violations in the university’s women’s golf program and penalized its former coach, but said John Calipari, the former men’s basketball coach who left for Kentucky, was not directly implicated and was not penalized.

“No allegations were made against the coach, so there were no findings against the coach,” said Paul Dee, chairman of the N.C.A.A. Committee on Infractions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/sports/ncaabasketball/21memphis.html

As much as I respect Coach Kinight, he's dead wrong on this. UMass wasn't put on probation because of John Calipari. UMass was put on probation because Marcus Camby took money from a hometown agent with 5 games left in his career. Memphis wasn't put on probation because of John Calipari. Memphis was put on probation because the NCAA retroactively ruled Derrick Rose was ineligible. In fact, the NCAA went as far as to say this:

"The university was placed on three years’ probation and ordered to return the revenue from the 2008 N.C.A.A. tournament. The N.C.A.A. also found major violations in the university’s women’s golf program and penalized its former coach, but said John Calipari, the former men’s basketball coach who left for Kentucky, was not directly implicated and was not penalized.

“No allegations were made against the coach, so there were no findings against the coach,” said Paul Dee, chairman of the N.C.A.A. Committee on Infractions."

I'm not saying Cal did or does, but he has learned how to get top recruits.

So you're implying that Knight had no clue who was and wasn't cheating? Keady knew it, Painter knows it today, as do all the coaches who do and don't cheat. As A.J. Foyt said, "It's only cheating if you get caught".

https://247sports.com/Player/Kostas-Antetokounmpo-81333/high-school-141022/

Just leaving this here. And again remind me when Kostas ever played for Archie.

Actually, tell you what, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that Archie recruited ONE guy in 6 years at Dayton that some services considered a top 100 recruit. Please do tell me how that equates to “recruits a ton of talent like his brother Sean”?
You'll give me the.....you have to because it's true. I know that hurts your courtsense pride.

I'm not saying Cal did or does, but he has learned how to get top recruits.

So you're implying that Knight had no clue who was and wasn't cheating? Keady knew it, Painter knows it today, as do all the coaches who do and don't cheat. As A.J. Foyt said, "It's only cheating if you get caught".

Knight implied that Calipari cheated while at UMass and Memphis and subsequently got them put on probation. That's a dead wrong assertion because Calipari did nothing wrong in either case.

Who has the "Little One" brought to IU?

He's recruiting like his brother.

You understand that Sean Miller has had 8 top 10 classes right? 7 of those were in the top 5. Archie has has landed a top 25 class once in 9 years. None of his 6 classes at Dayton cracked the top 50 and multiple of them were above 100. A signing a SINGLE 5* does not make you an elite recruiter, especially compared to Sean Miller. Sean Miller has more players in the NBA than Archie landed 4*. I cannot believe this is the hill you are choosing to die on.

You understand that Sean Miller has had 8 top 10 classes right? 7 of those were in the top 5. Archie has has landed a top 25 class once in 9 years. None of his 6 classes at Dayton cracked the top 50 and multiple of them were above 100. A signing a SINGLE 5* does not make you an elite recruiter, especially compared to Sean Miller. Sean Miller has more players in the NBA than Archie landed 4*. I cannot believe this is the hill you are choosing to die on.
Who has Arch signed to play at IU? How many premier players will be there this year? Next?

Who has Arch signed to play at IU? How many premier players will be there this year? Next?

Archie Miller would literally need to sign 20 more 5* before he’s even remotely comparable to his brother. Are you this slow in real life? Do they even make busses that short? Arizona has the #3 recruiting class in the country; IU has the 54th.

You are correct in that Calipari has never been convicted of violations. It has happened all around him, but somehow he is innocent. At least innocent before proven guilty, and nobody has proven anything.

However, I noticed that you failed to address my questions about the presence of World-Wide-Wes and how he "steers" recruits to Calipari. How does WWW get front row court side seats to UK games? How does he get his money? How does he steer these kids? Guess they just think WWW knows basketball, and his good relationship with Calipari is just coincidence?

It walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, but no, it is really a chicken, eh? His peers who recruit against him think Calipari is dirty. Let's face I, he just hasn't been caught yet.

giphy.gif

Archie Miller would literally need to sign 20 more 5* before he’s even remotely comparable to his brother. Are you this slow in real life? Do they even make busses that short? Arizona has the #3 recruiting class in the country; IU has the 54th.
So, in your other life as Courtsense and all that you claim to know and do, maybe you need to pony up the cash to bring more.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
So, in your other life as Courtsense and all that you claim to know and do, maybe you need to pony up the cash to bring more.
Now it all makes sense. I didn't peg him as courtdense but now that you bring it up, the similarities between the two are uncanny. Both are easily triggered, both are not what they say they are and both have the intelligence of Rosie O'Donnell's used tampon.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
No, you're courtsense because it's who you are. And about that short bus, keep on driving it.

Will assure you I'm not Courtsense. I post regularly with this screen name on the Hoosier and on H&R. You're still an idiot, and an IU fan while we're still at it. You fool nobody.

AN IU FAN????? Only Courtsense is as stupid and insignificant as you are. Victor Bear is your daddy.

What true Purdue fan starts multiple threads about Steve Alford (and acts like he's the second coming of Christ)? Most real Purdue fans can't stand Steve Alford yet you have such an admirable affinity for him to return to Indiana. You talk about Michael Lewis all the time (another Indiana player). Face it, you're old timer Indiana fan disappointed with the way Indiana handled Bobby Knight. Instead of acting like a big boy and getting over, you thought pretending to root for Purdue would really show IU up. You probably rooted for Texas Tech at one point. Again, you aren't fooling anyone. You may "root" for Purdue, but you're no Purdue fan. How many games have you gone too? Do you own season tickets? Do you donate to their university? You've been called out by numerous posters over the the years on here. Stop pretending, time to grow up.

Reactions: PUBV and BoilerIron
Indy16 is not Courtsense. Not even close. 16 brings facts and references to his posting arguments. He is clear in his positions, and logical. I have not seen him manufacture or fabricate "facts" like Courtsense has done in the past. Let's not cloud this discussion with that nonsense.

My fundamental question is that I just don't get his need to correct peoples' opinions. He is correct in that Calipari has never been proven to have violated any NCAA rules. However, his peers still think he cheats. It is my OPINION his peers are correct. I have no facts to prove it. I just think he hasn't been caught yet.

Indy16 is not Courtsense. Not even close. 16 brings facts and references to his posting arguments. He is clear in his positions, and logical. I have not seen him manufacture or fabricate "facts" like Courtsense has done in the past. Let's not cloud this discussion with that nonsense.

My fundamental question is that I just don't get his need to correct peoples' opinions. He is correct in that Calipari has never been proven to have violated any NCAA rules. However, his peers still think he cheats. It is my OPINION his peers are correct. I have no facts to prove it. I just think he hasn't been caught yet.

I have no problem with others opinions. I only responded to BoilerAndy who said Cal “deviates from recruiting violations”. Was just trying to set the record straight that Cal has never been implicated, let alone been found guilty of any recruiting violations, let alone NCAA violations. What happened at UMass and at Memphis have nothing to do with recruiting, but because BoilerAndy doesn’t know his face from his ass he’s quick with the trigger. Andy probably has a neighbor or a brother in-law who has a semi-firm grasp of the college basketball world and because of that can BS his way into sounding half way intelligent in a one off argument but shits the bed whenever real facts come into play. I didn’t make the rules, but I have heard Andy is the biggest tool on GBI. Purdue85 can exhale for now.

Reactions: PUBV

MathBoy

Appreciate your respect and support. As far as correcting other people’s opinion, I guess that’s just how I am. But if we’re setting the record straight, BoilerAndy didn’t have an opinion of Cal, he flat out called Cal a cheater (with nothing to substantiate his claims). I understand that was his opinion, but he’s flat wrong, and there’s nothing that supports his sentiments. That’s the only reason I interjected my thoughts. As an IU fan I despise UK as much as the next guy, but it’s not because I think they cheat (they don’t need too), they’re just better than everyone.

Reactions: mathboy
I have no problem with others opinions. I only responded to BoilerAndy who said Cal “deviates from recruiting violations”. Was just trying to set the record straight that Cal has never been implicated, let alone been found guilty of any recruiting violations, let alone NCAA violations. What happened at UMass and at Memphis have nothing to do with recruiting, but because BoilerAndy doesn’t know his face from his ass he’s quick with the trigger. Andy probably has a neighbor or a brother in-law who has a semi-firm grasp of the college basketball world and because of that can BS his way into sounding half way intelligent in a one off argument but shits the bed whenever real facts come into play. I didn’t make the rules, but I have heard Andy is the biggest tool on GBI. Purdue85 can exhale for now.
It’s odd that Calipari agreed to pay a settlement in a lawsuit concerning the Memphis case, especially knowing he did nothing wrong. He must just be a really generous guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT