ADVERTISEMENT

No X-Ray Facility?

lbodel

All-American
Jul 15, 2006
So watching the broadcast yesterday, they stated Purdue does not have an x-ray facility on site. Is that for real?

We just renovated athletic training facilities with the Mackey project, built a brand new football performance center....and we don't have a damn x-ray machine?

Not to mention the whole air conditioning thing seemed a bit bush league. And our new lights are possibly the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a stadium.

Who the hell is in charge of facilities at Purdue?

So watching the broadcast yesterday, they stated Purdue does not have an x-ray facility on site. Is that for real?

We just renovated athletic training facilities with the Mackey project, built a brand new football performance center....and we don't have a damn x-ray machine?

Not to mention the whole air conditioning thing seemed a bit bush league. And our new lights are possibly the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a stadium.

Why is this a big deal? How often would a team need an X-ray machine in the building as opposed to down the street?

Why is this a big deal? How often would a team need an X-ray machine in the building as opposed to down the street?

Because it's often needed, like yesterday? When you have hundreds of athletes playing high-level sports, it's a pretty common thing to need. I'd guess Purdue is the only Big Ten school that doesn't.

Also, there's no hospital down the block. Unless you're referring to the Purdue Student Health Center? Yikes. There isn't a hospital in West Lafayette. You're talking a 15 minute drive to St. Francis - if that's the place they go.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Maybe that's where we send our athletes. Sigh.
Seriously, why would Purdue need an X-ray machine at the athletic complex? If an athlete is injured to the point where a fracture is suspected, he's going to the hospital where thay have all of the equipment needed plus a radiologist to read the X-ray. And an MRI. And a CAT scan. And a surgical suite with surgeon and staff.

Seriously, why would Purdue need an X-ray machine at the athletic complex? If an athlete is injured to the point where a fracture is suspected, he's going to the hospital where thay have all of the equipment needed plus a radiologist to read the X-ray. And an MRI. And a CAT scan. And a surgical suite with surgeon and staff.

Maybe ask all the other Division 1 programs that question. All NFL teams, etc. I guess they feel like having one for fun?

You realize physicians work with the athletic department? This allows athletes to be taken care of on-site.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208803924

Reactions: BANGBRO
Because it's often needed, like yesterday? When you have hundreds of athletes playing high-level sports, it's a pretty common thing to need. I'd guess Purdue is the only Big Ten school that doesn't.

Also, there's no hospital down the block. Unless you're referring to the Purdue Student Health Center? Yikes. There isn't a hospital in West Lafayette. You're talking a 15 minute drive to St. Francis - if that's the place they go.
I’ve been watching Purdue sports for decades like you. And this is the first time it ever came up. So I’m not seeing the problem

So the first player in I can't remember how long needs an xray on game day and we need one at Ross Ade? Ummm...just because you say we need one is not justification for needing one.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog

Quite possible the most Purdue post ever....

Complain about not having lights and new facilities...

Gets both...

Complains within four weeks of having said lights and facilities.

Mabey Harbaugh doesn't know how to use a thermostat. Harbaugh could have said those things if he thinks purdue is a real threat what better way to do it on national television

What air conditioning thing?

Perhaps he is referring to Mackey not having AC? Not sure!
Your visiting locker room doesn't have AC while the home locker room does. Michigan sat on their bus pregame and halftime, you know like high school teams playing in the middle of nowhere.

Paint it pink or do whatever you want from a mentality advantage but to not have AC in a locker room when you have it the other is indeed bush league and quite frankly a health risk. As if there's not at least 1 hot home game a year and that the players aren't already hot on typical days anyway.

Really surprised to read the replies to this thread and really surprised to learn of the lack of these things at a Big Ten school, especially a founding member. You guys get too much money from the Big Ten alone to have football facilities on par with a Texas high school team. I'd be willing to guess even Rutgers has a decent medical set-up on site and AC in their locker rooms.

Last edited:

1). The Purdue University Student Health Center staffed by MD's, which is about 200 yards away from Ross-Ade field, has the X-Ray equipment used by the Athletic Department you are desiring so to duplicate that at the field would be a waste of money! The time to transport any athlete to the new football facilities or to the SHC would be a difference of seconds not even 1 minute!

2). Hayden Fry brought to light that the home team can do or not do what they wish with opponents locker rooms and on the field the Visitor's Sideline. Unless the rules have recently changed, and they could have, air-conditioning, foggers, misters, cool benches, shade canopies, etc are the responsibility of each team and are not provided by the Home Team! Water, ice and communication lines to the Press Box are required but most bring and use their own communication devices.

3) IMO, the lights are fine when I witnessed them when I was there for one of their night tests and again IMO look good.

My question to you might just be "Who the hell is in charge of your complaining about nothing"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Indy_Rider

Were you there? I was, and the lights look awesome.

Reactions: Chicago Joe
Not the air conditioning thing again. How did teams play football for over 100 years without air conditioned locker rooms? Hell, I spent 3 years of my life living in a non air conditioned dorm room. Are we as a society really this soft??
It was an absurdly unseasonably warm day. We've had more important things to worry about than fitting a building that is not used but for 7 days September through November only with AC.
I heard the situation was similar at Missouri last week (which is further south and much warmer). But I didn't hear any bitching about that.

Not the air conditioning thing again. How did teams play football for over 100 years without air conditioned locker rooms? Hell, I spent 3 years of my life living in a non air conditioned dorm room. Are we as a society really this soft??
It was an absurdly unseasonably warm day. We've had more important things to worry about than fitting a building that is not used but for 7 days September through November only with AC.
I heard the situation was similar at Missouri last week (which is further south and much warmer). But I didn't hear any bitching about that.
Hey, whiners need to whine. After all this is America, home of the butthurt entitled.

1). The Purdue University Student Health Center staffed by MD's, which is about 200 yards away from Ross-Ade field, has the X-Ray equipment used by the Athletic Department you are desiring so to duplicate that at the field would be a waste of money! The time to transport any athlete to the new football facilities or to the SHC would be a difference of seconds not even 1 minute!

2). Hayden Fry brought to light that the home team can do or not do what they wish with opponents locker rooms and on the field the Visitor's Sideline. Unless the rules have recently changed, and they could have, air-conditioning, foggers, misters, cool benches, shade canopies, etc are the responsibility of each team and are not provided by the Home Team! Water, ice and communication lines to the Press Box are required but most bring and use their own communication devices.

3) IMO, the lights are fine when I witnessed them when I was there for one if their night tests and again IMO look good.

My question to you might just be "Who the hell is in charge of your complaining about nothing"?
Agree here. You can't tell me Michigan couldn't load in two to three portable AC units on their semi in the event the AC wasn't provided or quite possibly was broken? Seems to me that is an issue for Michigan's operations staff to call ahead of time and ask if there was AC in the locker room. Harbaugh should be pissed at his own staff and not Purdue.

Reactions: rjmpu82
Your visiting locker room doesn't have AC while the home locker room does. Michigan sat on their bus pregame and halftime, you know like high school teams playing in the middle of nowhere.

Paint it pink or do whatever you want from a mentality advantage but to not have AC in a locker room when you have it the other is indeed bush league and quite frankly a health risk. As if there's not at least 1 hot home game a year and that the players aren't already hot on typical days anyway.

Really surprised to read the replies to this thread and really surprised to learn of the lack of these things at a Big Ten school, especially a founding member. You guys get too much money from the Big Ten alone to have football facilities on par with a Texas high school team. I'd be willing to guess even Rutgers has a decent medical set-up on site and AC in their locker rooms.
Truly a Mickey Mouse operation from top to bottom.

Also, the sideline behavior of the Purdue coaching staff was an embarrassment. From the douchey chair throwing pep talk, to their clinically insane act put on by the DC. Not a good look. Carried over to their players too. Mulitple dirty hits.

They'll get popped by Minnesota in two weeks and reality will set back in.

Reactions: damphousse25

Also, the sideline behavior of the Purdue coaching staff was an embarrassment. From the douchey chair throwing pep talk, to their clinically insane act put on by the DC. Not a good look. Carried over to their players too. Mulitple dirty hits.

You know Harbaugh will be gone in a year or two, right?

A Michigan fan calling a coach douchey. That's rich.

A Michigan fan calling a coach douchey. That's rich.
Wouldn't have uttered a peep if I hadn't spent all last week hearing about how good Purdue is. Gimmicky offense. Dirty hits. Crazy coaches that can't focus the moment a questionable call goes against them. Not impressed.

Good luck the rest of the way. 3-6 in conference will be an improvement.

What if the athlete needs an MRI?

MRI's are normally handled a day or two later after the swelling has subsided but I guess in an extreme case of needing one right away the athlete would be transported to a facility that has one. To my knowledge the NFL does not have MRI machines on site as they are more expensive in the range of $150,000, I believe!

This forum is unreal. I came here pretty nice and get shit. I guess that happens when you have 3 conference wins in 5 years. Just get mad the second anyone associated with a competent program posts anything. I apologized for that PharmBlue guy and called him a loser (which he still is) but I don't even blame him anymore.

Unlike him, I'm just outta here and not engaging anymore. Use to like Purdue too. Oh well. Good luck. You guys should make the Quick Lane Bowl barring a choke job. Got a pretty good team. But your facilities are bottom of the league. Sorry if it hurts to hear.

Reactions: JRFullerton
This forum is unreal. I came here pretty nice and get shit. I guess that happens when you have 3 conference wins in 5 years. Just get mad the second anyone associated with a competent program posts anything. I apologized for that PharmBlue guy and called him a loser (which he still is) but I don't even blame him anymore.

Unlike him, I'm just outta here and not engaging anymore. Use to like Purdue too. Oh well. Good luck. You guys should make the Quick Lane Bowl barring a choke job. Got a pretty good team. But your facilities are bottom of the league. Sorry if it hurts to hear.

Again, it is the job of the visiting program to determine where the facilities are and what those facilities provide. It isn't Purdue's fault your own program forgot to do so and ensure they had everything they needed. Had UM forgotten to pack their fans and cooling machines, would you have complained that Purdue should have provided those? I believe Ohio played in 80 degree weather and we didn't hear Frank Solich or Ohio fans bitch and moan about it. That's probably because their team came ready with the equipment necessary. I am sure a simple phone call to the other equipment guy or operations guy would have yielded a quick...'hey, there is no AC in that locker room area so you'll need to bring something for that in the event it is warm out.' That's literally a 5 minute conversation and probably an extra 10 minutes of work to grab the cooling machines needed that UM probably already has in stock....or could easily rent for a one time use.

Seems to me a lot of the issues many are taking with the locker room are simply because they expect to be treated holier than thou because they are Michigan. I'll give the program all the credit in the world for the on field performance and Harbaugh bringing them back from their worst time in program history...but don't bitch and moan about something that could have been taken care of with 15 minutes of work.

Umm.. just read back through this thread. It was Purdue fans discussing a couple of facilities items, then you jump in as an outsider calling Purdue busch league. Yeah, you're a regular diplomat there bud.

Reactions: Indy_Rider

Hey, we've just survived the reign of Organ Murke as AD. We're lucky to have any FB facilities at all. But we've got a great swimming and baseball venue.

Crazy coaches that can't focus the moment a questionable call goes against them.

030ea18bc45c7854eb649c35a12b670d.jpg

jimharbaugh2.jpg

harbaugh-21-e1442216124584.jpg

Harbaugh-Tantrum.png

capture_20151121_133002-e1448134554600.jpg

harbz.0.gif

21444966395_317b8f6504_o.gif

22986697800_4c5472346d_o.gif

99120CC1971264749145374285824_4d190ac3ad8.1.1.5185305974866456343.mp4.jpg

Again, it is the job of the visiting program to determine where the facilities are and what those facilities provide. It isn't Purdue's fault your own program forgot to do so and ensure they had everything they needed. Had UM forgotten to pack their fans and cooling machines, would you have complained that Purdue should have provided those? I believe Ohio played in 80 degree weather and we didn't hear Frank Solich or Ohio fans bitch and moan about it. That's probably because their team came ready with the equipment necessary. I am sure a simple phone call to the other equipment guy or operations guy would have yielded a quick...'hey, there is no AC in that locker room area so you'll need to bring something for that in the event it is warm out.' That's literally a 5 minute conversation and probably an extra 10 minutes of work to grab the cooling machines needed that UM probably already has in stock....or could easily rent for a one time use.

Seems to me a lot of the issues many are taking with the locker room are simply because they expect to be treated holier than thou because they are Michigan. I'll give the program all the credit in the world for the on field performance and Harbaugh bringing them back from their worst time in program history...but don't bitch and moan about something that could have been taken care of with 15 minutes of work.
You're an idiot. There's no other way to say it.

so...... is the the first time meatchicken has been to Ross Ade?
or.... is this the first game that meatchicken played here and it was hot?
or.... is meatchicken and their fan-base just a bunch of whiny-arsed b!tch3s?

Reactions: dbartn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT