ADVERTISEMENT

Newman commits!

For the record, the crystal ball projection on 247 was 100% IU as of today. Yet another data point to ignore that whole thing.
As I’ve stated before it’s a guessing game for those so call crystal ball sites or scouting services. There sources are usually family members if they have created a relationship with the them and if they have numbers to some of the college coaches to get what information if any from them. Kids do talk but the services are so way of base they really don’t have inside scoop on much or nothing but guessing were these kids might go. I new of only 1 who had inside information as to were some of the higher profile players would be attending school and hes more established than many of these guys who trying to fool ppl into thinking they have inside scoop as to were these recruits are going when in fact they have very minimal information as to were these kids will attend school.

Welcome aboard Mr. Newman!
Things are starting to warm up now!
617733-steam-locomotive-wallpaper-1920x1080-samsung-galaxy.jpg

And the verbal dialogue while he throws it. No one had the f-word in more sentences than Knight. He was a master at it.
Did you ever see the video where Knight tells why it is his favorite word? I don't think the video was promoted and seem to recall it was a few takes put together by someone at channel 13? The actual video is a few minutes longer than this..but you get the drift

Good get. IMO, not that big of a difference between he and or Franklin. WIn for both schools. Congrats.

I imagine there WILL be a great difference in their individual careers as Juniors and Seniors. Be fun to watch that difference in 2-3 years.

Last edited:
I am delighted we got Newman. I watched clips of both he and Franklin, and thought they were both good players. However, Newman seemed to have better fundamentals and a better (seemed to me) feel for the game. I think there is a reason he was ranked significantly better than Franklin. Glad we got him of the two Indiana kids.

This class is looking very strong so far. This is a nice follow up to last year's strong class.

I imagine there WILL be a great difference in their individual careers as Juniors and Seniors. Be fun to watch that difference in 2-3 years.
I agree, with zero agenda attached. Honestly, I think it will be as dependent on coaching and teammates/needs as anything. Therefore, of fking course, giving Newman a HUGE advantage.

Reactions: tjreese
I actually agree with this. I think Newman figures to have a very prominent role in Purdue's offense from the get go, and will be a multi year starter by the end of his career. I believe Franklin will see very limited minutes starting out and could potentially be recruited over.

I actually agree with this. I think Newman figures to have a very prominent role in Purdue's offense from the get go, and will be a multi year starter by the end of his career. I believe Franklin will see very limited minutes starting out and could potentially be recruited over.
I can see this happening, not because Indiana will get even better players (Implied in your post). I think Franklin might not have the skills that translate well into college ball. Of course he can develop those, if he is motivated. Scoring by driving the basket works against overmatched high school opponents, but against D1 talent, Franklin will need other skills.

What I find interesting is that all 3 Purdue recruits for 2019 also had Indiana offers that they spurned.

For years, Burger King did not have a true marketing department. They just followed the McDonald guys around and built a store where ever McDonalds did. Maybe Li'l Archie is adopting the same policy. Just follow Matt Painter around and offer the kids he does? It's been working for Izzo. Why not for the little guy?

I can see this happening, not because Indiana will get even better players (Implied in your post). I think Franklin might not have the skills that translate well into college ball. Of course he can develop those, if he is motivated. Scoring by driving the basket works against overmatched high school opponents, but against D1 talent, Franklin will need other skills.

What I find interesting is that all 3 Purdue recruits for 2019 also had Indiana offers that they spurned.

For years, Burger King did not have a true marketing department. They just followed the McDonald guys around and built a store where ever McDonalds did. Maybe Li'l Archie is adopting the same policy. Just follow Matt Painter around and offer the kids he does? It's been working for Izzo. Why not for the little guy?
take a quick scan of the 2020 offers ... unless you don't need confirmation!

BTW - close to fall color weather, get that thing tuned and ready!!!!

I'm not implying IU will recruit better players than Franklin. I'm stating it as a fact. IU is recruiting Brooks and Ramsey as 2s. That's Franklin's position.

You might want to check up on who IU has offered before trying to make a point. IU never offered IT or Gillis. They pulled their offer from Newman after Franklin committed.

When all is set and done, both Purdue and IU will likely have 3 indiana players each. The difference is that two of IU's will be 5* players.

Planning a trip up north to Traverse City in a few weeks. Waiting for the color to improve. Also had a great time on the Woodward Dream Cruise. Nothing like driving a sleeper and having some fun with the big Dodges.
Where's my LOVE IT button.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT