ADVERTISEMENT

New commit

You can make the case that the center position is still important without discounting the importance of the other 4 positions. UConn arguably had the second best center in the country and had a big advantage over Purdue at 3 of the other 4 positions (with point guard being relatively even). They were one of the best college teams that I have seen since the beginning of the one and done era and there is no shame in coming up one game short of the championship against a historically good team.

Not only that, but Purdue made it to the championship game in large part because of Edey’s greatness and UConn shut down a terrific Illinois offense, for example, in large part because their center dominated the lane. Purdue and UConn both demonstrated the value of having a great center in their respective tournament runs.
He is 100% trolling.

Reactions: BBG
Agree with all this. It is a unfortunate take by @johnboiler123.

That UConn team just had what -- 2 lotto picks and 2 other guys go high in 2nd round and decimating nearly everyone they played.

Their D scheme concentrated on our 1, 2 & 3 and was masterfully executed. But to trash our guards and the team was not appreciated by this reader.
I never would have brought any of this up if new pal hadn’t decided to dig up a year old comment following the season where we had got bounced by fdu. I kept my opinion to myself following our loss to UConn. Infact, I didn’t make a single comment after we lost.

I never would have brought any of this up if new pal hadn’t decided to dig up a year old comment following the season where we had got bounced by fdu. I kept my opinion to myself following our loss to UConn. Infact, I didn’t make a single comment after we lost.

Nor did anyone I recall, as all were Dang Proud of this team even in a loss to UConn....we were still NRU team.

Nor did anyone I recall, as all were Dang Proud of this team even in a loss to UConn....we were still NRU team.
Exactly, it was a great season. Guess new pal shouldn’t go digging up year old comments if you don’t want to hear peoples opinion. He’s been going through old threads trying to get a “gotcha” moment on me. Which honestly I have no problem with, if he wants to rehash old news it’s fine with me, we can keep it going.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
So after FDU, you double down and ridicule the team and players that played in the National Championship game. Instead of admitting that you expressed an opinion at an emotional time, you show that it doesn't matter where Purdue finishes. First round or finals, it's all the same to you. You are going to find fault. Got it.

And you blame someone else for what you post. Got it.

Our guards looked like high schoolers against UConn and we had zero answer in the back court. The game shifted away from the center position years ago. Edey had a monster game and it still made no difference. As usual, you’re wrong but too stupid to realize it.
We made it it to the championship game with the exact same guards that we have this year. Is it your opinion we should favored to make it to the championship game this year? Maybe win it since they are a year older?

Reactions: Do Dah Day and BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT