ADVERTISEMENT

Never expected this

This is WAY off topic and maybe should be relegated to Facebook. But I don’t do Facebook. And this is the only social media I do.

My 16 year old confronted me tonight. He asked me why I forced him to take an unproven vaccine without knowing long term side effects and forced him to wear a mask for two years without knowing the effects of CO poisoning.

Seriously. No kidding. I just told him it was political and we did what we thought was the best thing for him. I told him both sides are using scare tactics and that he would be alright. And that we’re just happy that none of us got Covid.

Is there an upswelling sentiment going on? I was completely taken off guard by his concerns. Any one else getting this?
People are still dieing from the virus..unvaccinated still having to be on ventilators…take the vaccine…take the booster…take the second booster…from the inside..

This is WAY off topic and maybe should be relegated to Facebook. But I don’t do Facebook. And this is the only social media I do.

My 16 year old confronted me tonight. He asked me why I forced him to take an unproven vaccine without knowing long term side effects and forced him to wear a mask for two years without knowing the effects of CO poisoning.

Seriously. No kidding. I just told him it was political and we did what we thought was the best thing for him. I told him both sides are using scare tactics and that he would be alright. And that we’re just happy that none of us got Covid.

Is there an upswelling sentiment going on? I was completely taken off guard by his concerns. Any one else getting this?
CO poisoning?

Your poor kid. SMH

Dfaq? First, pretty sure you dont force a 16 year old to do anything. He was old enough and had enough warning to make his own decision. Second, link to scientific concerns he is making from published peer reviewed studies?

It was not *political*. It has been a pandemic. And it isn't over yet, plus has nearly doubled the deaths of the previous *worst* pandemic of 1918. You have a good resource for talking about this by following the new White House Coronavirus Coordinator, Dr. Ashish Jha. He's measured, respectful and clear... and the head of Brown University Public Health.

More than likely, the child has been following some nonsense on his social feeds. Good that he's confronting you. Now you have a chance to provide a thoughtful, educated response.

Remind him there are over 1,000,000 reasons.

That wouldn’t be misleading or anything. 🙄

The kid is 16 for crying out loud and was never at any risk to this. And big pharma is still trying to push their vaccines on children 5-12 and even the group 2-5. Oh, and the vaccine they’re pushing were designed for a variant over two years ago has no impact on these new variants, which are basically mild colds at worse. Especially if you’re 16 and healthy.

Last edited:
It was not *political*. It has been a pandemic. And it isn't over yet, plus has nearly doubled the deaths of the previous *worst* pandemic of 1918. You have a good resource for talking about this by following the new White House Coronavirus Coordinator, Dr. Ashish Jha. He's measured, respectful and clear... and the head of Brown University Public Health.

More than likely, the child has been following some nonsense on his social feeds. Good that he's confronting you. Now you have a chance to provide a thoughtful, educated response.
You lost everyone with a functioning brain when you said your second sentence, which is blatantly false.

Dfaq? First, pretty sure you dont force a 16 year old to do anything. He was old enough and had enough warning to make his own decision. Second, link to scientific concerns he is making from published peer reviewed studies?

Peer reviewed research?? Sounds like liberal claptrap

I did my own research and found out that Bill Gates used the vaccine to put microchips in everyone! I bet you won’t find that fact in any “peer reviewed” articles!

George Washington felt his embarrassment as the British commander at Montreal was impacted by his troops weakened by smallpox. So leading into the revolution he required all his troops to eat smallpox corpuscles and waited until they recovered with immunity before seriously entering the fight. Our troops that stormed the beaches at Normandy were required to be vaccinated for everything known at that time. Unfortunately, they hadn’t invented a vaccine against bullets.

My mother tells me that I was in one of the earliest rounds to get the polio vaccine. I am a teacher and have been required to have about every other vaccine known to man in order to teach. Has our anti-vax governor removed that requirement for public school teachers? Hell no!
What has all those vaccines done for me? Not a damn thing, which is what they are designed to do!

I teach in a special needs school. Viruses course through our duct work, so we develop pretty strong immune systems naturally. I contracted Covid from a student and passed it my wife about three weeks before we were old enough to get vaccinated. Resulted in mild cold symptoms which is what we expected given the strength of our immune systems.

In any of our long term employees memory we’ve always had one to two students die yearly (mostly the younger ones) and had three (two in one classroom) die the year before Covid. We still have a child taken away in an ambulance almost weekly, but not a single death since Covid and the precautions we took.

If you ask me why I got vaccinated and was willing to wear a mask everywhere. It’s not fo me, I doubt I’ll get overly sick. It’s for you, just like the troops that served our country so well.

George Washington felt his embarrassment as the British commander at Montreal was impacted by his troops weakened by smallpox. So leading into the revolution he required all his troops to eat smallpox corpuscles and waited until they recovered with immunity before seriously entering the fight. Our troops that stormed the beaches at Normandy were required to be vaccinated for everything known at that time. Unfortunately, they hadn’t invented a vaccine against bullets.

My mother tells me that I was in one of the earliest rounds to get the polio vaccine. I am a teacher and have been required to have about every other vaccine known to man in order to teach. Has our anti-vax governor removed that requirement for public school teachers? Hell no!
What has all those vaccines done for me? Not a damn thing, which is what they are designed to do!

I teach in a special needs school. Viruses course through our duct work, so we develop pretty strong immune systems naturally. I contracted Covid from a student and passed it my wife about three weeks before we were old enough to get vaccinated. Resulted in mild cold symptoms which is what we expected given the strength of our immune systems.

In any of our long term employees memory we’ve always had one to two students die yearly (mostly the younger ones) and had three (two in one classroom) die the year before Covid. We still have a child taken away in an ambulance almost weekly, but not a single death since Covid and the precautions we took.

If you ask me why I got vaccinated and was willing to wear a mask everywhere. It’s not fo me, I doubt I’ll get overly sick. It’s for you, just like the troops that served our country so well.
I felt so moved by this essay that I went to get my 8th booster immediately. Long live the war against the invisible enemy!!!

Not condemning your actions or choices, but there’s pretty good information that for the vast majority of healthy people under the age of 30-40, they are better off without the vaccine.

I think the thing to acknowledge going forward is for everyone to do their due diligence in fully researching new drugs/medicines prior to choosing them for yourself and/or your family. Maybe you did that and came to the conclusion that it was the best choice. If so, I would explain that to your son. If not, simply explain why you thought that was the best decision at the time and maybe apologize if you feel you might have been wrong/misinformed.

also in before this thread is locked.
All I’m asking is if others are getting these challenges from their kids. I don’t know where it’s coming from. Probably a generation of kids pissed off at what we forced them through.
Luckily my kids are too young for these discussions. My guess, one of his friends has an overly political parent that brought it up while around your son and felt the need to let a 16 year old know his opinion. Now your son has questions. Not a bad thing but can be complicated answers.

Reactions: BleedinGold

If smallpox was killing less than 1% of the soldiers it infected I doubt George Washington would have been intentionally infecting his troops.

Further, Washington wasn’t giving his soldiers a lab created vaccine full of artificial crap. He was infecting them with the actual virus like some used to do with Chicken Pox. Some even intentionally got Covid knowing they were at no significant risk but wanted the natural antibodies.

Last edited:
Look, I’m not debating this. It’s there if you look. There’s also lots of dissenting information to my take. I’m not even saying either is correct or advising anyone to take one action over the other

pretty sure you can find many people with actual medical degrees and articles that will dispute this with actual eveidence and facts…

Reactions: PedsPT93
Did you do it? Seems like they were way out of bounds.
Yes I had to/ I’m a single income provider for a family of 5. my personal choice was overruled by POS Joe Biden.
a few weeks after the vax was shoved down my throat, a fed judge blocked it.

and here we are the pandemic has ended statistically with a national vax rate of around 55%.

also I never caught COVID through almost 2 years of pandemic until a couple months after I was “vaccinated”

Last edited:
Tell your kid that the vaccine led us out of the worst pandemic in 100 years. Or tell him that the vaccine wasn't unproven--because it was. Or tell him there's no such thing as mask-associated CO poisoning. Or tell him that if he wants to be angry, he should direct his ire towards those who kept him from in-person learning at school.

Whatever you tell him, don't apologize to him for getting him vaccinated.

It's crazy that we just gloss over the return to normalcy that was afforded to us as a result of the vaccine's rapid development. Modern miracle.
Our world Data has a good website. More people died after the vaccine.

here is a full list of news sources that I trust, followed by government agencies that I trust:

Seriously, how can anyone truly know WTF to believe about anything, anymore? EVERYONE had an agenda.

and sorry, no kids, so I can't reply to your original question about kids pushing back, but I do have a niece that is in MD residency at Wash U in St. Louis, who is rabid liberal, preached to the whole family about staying home and staying safe, then spent a week in the Caribbean islands in the middle of it all.

After the suicide thread spiraled into a covid thread i'm convinced some people just like to watch the world burn.

Reactions: kboiler
here is a full list of news sources that I trust, followed by government agencies that I trust:

Seriously, how can anyone truly know WTF to believe about anything, anymore? EVERYONE had an agenda.

and sorry, no kids, so I can't reply to your original question about kids pushing back, but I do have a niece that is in MD residency at Wash U in St. Louis, who is rabid liberal, preached to the whole family about staying home and staying safe, then spent a week in the Caribbean islands in the middle of it all.
One of the biggest covid worrying people in my friend group who would lecture about how good China was doing and how bad Trump was doing and masks and etc was the first one in my friend group to get it.

He got it after playing pickleball getting beers at the country club.

Got the vax and boosters as soon as I could not because I really was worried but we went to PR and the DR twice during the pandemic and needed it to get on with life.

Got covid after I was boosted. Very mild. Who knows.

Reactions: BoilerMadness

A true hero 🤣

Reactions: hgentis
It’s a shame he had to wear a mask for two years.
The cloth mask issue is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen. How so many smart people fell for that nonsense is beyond me. Just very strange we made kids wear them.

The odd thing is the CDC/Fauci knew cloth masks didn't work, but they continued to double and triple down on that nonsense. Could've saved some lives if we would've told high risk people that cloth masks don't work, and if you are at high risk use a high quality mask that does work.

Carbon monoxide poisoning because of masks? Cmon brah.

I'm not a mask mandate guy at all, but that's a tin foil hat take
Agree on carbon monoxide being tin foil take. But cloth masks work was also tin foil hot take. The nonsense came from both sides arguing the issue.

What I think most can agree on, masking children wasn't good for their social development. And it was criminal what we did to a generation of kids with "online" instead of in person schooling (where that occurred).

Agree on carbon monoxide being tin foil take. But cloth masks work was also tin foil hot take. The nonsense came from both sides arguing the issue.

What I think most can agree on, masking children wasn't good for their social development. And it was criminal what we did to a generation of kids with "online" instead of in person schooling (where that occurred).
Don't disagree here. "Not a mask mandate guy at all"

Reactions: BoilerMadness

No idea how families in those states got through these last two years. Incredibly thankful our state government and local school district never masked our children and kept schools open the entire year.

When a child tested positive, they stayed home. The rest of the class continued on like they always have when someone got sick. And everyone survived!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT