ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tourney seeding and Purdue over the years.....

TMA62

Junior
Nov 3, 2001
I don't have access the the data readily but it seems that the 8 or 9 seed seems the be the most frequent seed for Purdue over the years. They have started at other seeds, but seems that the 8/9 seed is the most frequent.

Originally posted by TMA62:
I don't have access the the data readily but it seems that the 8 or 9 seed seems the be the most frequent seed for Purdue over the years. They have started at other seeds, but seems that the 8/9 seed is the most frequent.
Yes, it seem so. Even IF we beat Cincy we get the bonus prize of giving KY their toughest win...when we play them tight for one half and then get blown out in the second half. Just like when we played FL tough when they won....yippie. Tired of this. There is a team in the Midwest that could beat KY, it is maybe ND, but with our limited offense it is not us.
This post was edited on 3/15 7:11 PM by Boiler Buck

Yes, the Florida game when Laundry was a senior. Then a few years later, it was UConn. Yes, and I too am tired of it.

According to wiki, PU has been a 6 seed more often than any other seed (5 times).

PU is 1-0 as an 8 seed. Win vs Rhode Island (1997)
PU is 2-1 as a 9 seed. Wins vs LSU (2003) & Arizona (2007). Loss vs Rhode Island (1993)...that was the last time PU lost their first game in the NCAA tourney.

PU was a 10-seed when they beat Texas (1999) & also when they beat St Mary's (2012)

I'm not sure how to explain their Big Ten seeding.

Maryland was probably hosed a bit at a 4 seed (as a current top 10 team), so you think that they aren't giving Big Ten as much credit. But then Purdue is a 9 (higher than expected) and IU is a 10 (higher than expected.

I actually thought Ohio St would be an 8 or 9 but 10 is maybe where they should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT