ADVERTISEMENT

My promise to penn state fans

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
If you win, it won’t be because we just did everything wrong and a Mac team could have beaten us. Mistakes are often forced. A guy is spying the run so a receiver gets right in behind him etc. a player who makes a costly blunder does so because he’s being stressed by having to do a lot at once.

if penn state wins its going to be because penn state was the better football team. Can you promise the same?

Reactions: KnightSlayer
Absolutely this game will make both teams better I expect a lot of scoring and big plays. You’re qb will have a great game throwing. Psu will get a lot of big plays. Our offense is built on that. It will be great to watch. Look for Clifford to run for several big plays

I can promise for myself but, you're always going to get that segment of fans that want to blame the refs for a loss. Just ignore them and move on.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
I can promise for myself but, you're always going to get that segment of fans that want to blame the refs for a loss. Just ignore them and move on.
I guess that you've never seen the refs take complete charge of a game and with phoney calls one after the other march a team downfield for 60 yards or so that was not capable of doing anything themselves and then give them a touchdown for a ball caught at least 5 yards behind the end zone. That was a Purdue I believe Wisconson game in the early 1960s. That Wisconsin "touchdown" was right in front of me. For some reason the refs had to have scoreless Wisconsin score before the end of the game, and they made it happen, but at least it didn't affect the game's outcome. Since then, I realized the refs are capable of anything.

Yes, and I don't think we have any homer refs in this game from what I could see. There's still a bunch of folks here that never got over the Minny loss @ MN with the ghost offensive pass interference call that cost us a late go-ahead TD. To me, it's old news and looking forward to a great game tonight. Hope we see some good football tonight.

I will accept** the results of the game

**conditional on number of PSU players coming off the sidelines to make tackles
I think you are referring to a PSU DB who made what was probably a touchdown saving tackle by running in off of the sideline against Purdue in 1999.The Lions won a close one that day.I rhink it was David Macklin.

Reactions: FirstDownB
I think you are referring to a PSU DB who made what was probably a touchdown saving tackle by running in off of the sideline against Purdue in 1999.The Lions won a close one that day.I rhink it was David Macklin.
It's weird that I've never been able to find anything online about that, but everyone who was at the game remembers it. The ABC cameras must have totally missed it.

Here you go. I am a PSU fan and this was pretty bad. I don't think it was a TD but every right to be pissed

I was thinking it was a punt return and a coach tripped him... or was that a separate event?

I was thinking it was a punt return and a coach tripped him... or was that a separate event?
Yeah, that's a bit different than what I remember. Is it possible there were 2 occurrences in that game? Or maybe this is Mandela effect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT