ADVERTISEMENT

My plummer/QB take .. tell me I’m wrong

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
the problem isn’t QB. Are plummer or O’Connell brees? No .

you have a shit DC and STC and then it appears a bunch of our best OL were unavailable down the stretch.

get a good DC and STC get your OL back and yeah make plummer and O’Connell compete with Alaimo and let the best man win.

it’s like 03 and 04 with orton. Orton went buck Wild til he got hurt in 04. In 03, as a junior, with way more experience than plummer .. I’m not even sure he was one of the ten best players on the team man.

my vision for this season was for plummer to come in and get experience as a still youngish QB who would benefit from being on a team that was good enough around him to not need him to be drew Brees.

if we can get Milton ok but I’m really not understanding this mentality of looking at this roster and saying “no! Unless plummer and O’Connell can meet the burden of being a Michael Vick level playmaker who can single handedly save a dog shit roster then we must immediately get someone else!!”

I got news for all you guys ...

> The DC sucks
> the special teams coach appears to be capable of creating Travis dorsch 1999-2000 level weaknesses all over the special teams
> we don’t have karlaftis and it’s glaringly obvious that other than barnes and Allen no one on our defense is in the same universe as George ... totally different defense
> we seem to be missing 5 OL .. 4 of whom are 4 of our best from Iowa
> our team and especially the defense seems to conduct themselves as if there is no price to pay for bonehead personal fouls
> Milton wright looks like his eyes got that glazed over still a young player look weeks ago
> marvin grant is a stud athlete ... he has at least 9 months to get to where he’s a functional safety

you guys wanna dump all of that on any of our QBs you be my guest ... I’m not going to

Reactions: awthomps
Ur not wrong BC. Interesting take on 03/04 Orton. It definitely took him 2 years to get dialed in. Plummers been good. Speaking of Wright, he had a couple of drops, one of was that long pass in which I thought Plummer threw a great ball. Though the defender jumped up, I dont believe he ever touched it. Difficult catch, but I'm not sure if Plummer could have thrown it much better.

I totally agree with you on all points, especially Grant.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT