ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy update ...

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
The sophomore guard is academically ineligible and no longer part of the program, per Sharon Versyp.

The backup guard averaged 4.2 points and 1.5 assists in about 17 minutes per game and had 21 points, including six three-pointers, in the season-opening win at Central Michigan.

Also, center Fatou Diagne is having surgery Friday on a stress fracture in her foot and forward Dani Lawson, who has played in five games but has been out recently, will see a doctor Tuesday about her sore knees.

That's bad. I liked Murphy's game. I thought she had a lot going for her on court and off. Got to make those grades though.
:(

Reactions: Gesysp
This program has been limping along for years. Way too many student athletes have left without realizing their academic and/or athletic potential. If it weren't for bad news, this specific forum would have no news at all...and it has been this way for several years.
Don't players get the same assistance (study areas in athletic complex, tutors etc.) as football and MBB players? With all that assistance, if they do not make grades I do not understand how you can blame that on the coaching staff.

I think you will find players transferring/leaving happening in every D-I program. I doubt we have more than the average. By the way, Horrocks, who did graduate, plays very few minutes and contributes little to Vanderbilt (4-10), which lost to Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT