ADVERTISEMENT

More players will leave

I copied and quoted the part that applies to you. I would think someone claiming to be as smart as you claim could grasp that concept.

and I expect future similar quotes from you - using partial quotes for your own purpose rather than repeating the entire quote and the real intent of the message that was made. Rather than posting your own original thoughts, you cut down others. Anybody can paste and clip. in the future, if you cut and paste only portions of my posts and imply a different meaning, I'll call you out and show others the truth of my posts . my entire post. I understood your post very well. Do you understand mine? in the future, if you have a problem with my posts, and me, I request you refer to and quote the entire post . and criticize the content of the post, not the poster.

As I said, I know when I'm being personally dissed.

As I said, I know when I'm being personally dissed.
No, you really don't. But then again you're full of lies and made up crap anyway so I don't expect much from you. I mean you still can't grasp the concept of narrowing down a post like yours.

Go ahead and re-quote your entire post, it doesn't change the fact you're missing the point while claiming to be some genius. Which you still are missing amazingly enough.

Honest question, would PU with their current talent beat Brohm's WKU team with their non-Big10 talent? If the answer is no, then getting Brohm with current Brohm recruits is a step up from where we are today. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years we get to see what he can do with better more Big10 level talent.

I agree with this big time

Of course Brohm has done more in his first 30 days than Hazel. Hazel was still coaching Kent st for their bowl game until jan 6. I blame that on Burke more than hazel. At this time 4 years ago, everyone on this board was lamenting the mess Hope left us with and praising hazel even though he had accomplished nothing for us yet (or ever as it turned out). We were all impressed with hazel's binder full of quotes he had accumulated from his previous coaches. Lots of good that did us. My point is I wanted us to hire Brohm and am happy with the hire, but will reserve judgement until we see the product on the field. I am optimistic tho. Everyone was ripping Hope, but I'd love to see his 6-6 record, little Caesar bowl, and a decent chance to beat IU every so often...

I agree. Hope's players played very hard. While his coaching style limited us and he wasn't a great X's and O's person, the effort of his team forged some 6-6 years and made us somewhat competitive. Hazell lost it in his first year when we were getting thrashed 58-0 by Ohio State in the 4th quarter and all he was doing was walking up and down the sideline without a care in the world, no emotion, nothing.... We had beaten OSU 2 of the 5 previous times and folded in a close game a 3rd time before that debacle. I left these boards for a few years when Hazell was here because I had nothing good to say about him or his team's effort and I didn't want to get banned. I was really hoping for Les Miles but Brohm may work out well. He's a Petrino guy and has done a great job at WKU

Reactions: Bippus33
No, you really don't. But then again you're full of lies and made up crap anyway so I don't expect much from you. I mean you still can't grasp the concept of narrowing down a post like yours.

Go ahead and re-quote your entire post, it doesn't change the fact you're missing the point while claiming to be some genius. Which you still are missing amazingly enough.

I just read your last 20 posts - great effort and original thoughts. My posts include opinions, my thoughts, reflections, links, speculations and sometimes sarcasm. not lies.

Brohm is targeting and just offered a former 4* safety from Indy who was once a Notre Dame player. Mykelti Williams who is at an Iowa jr college. Is that a lie ? or more of the same updates I've recently provided ?

Do you want a cookie? Do you want us to call you smart? Do you just like arguing?

No. I just don't appreciate people calling me a troll or a liar. I also don't like fans who settle for mediocrity. and I hate people who say it can't be done because the odds are just too great against us. And I don't like people who only use a portion of my post and create a different meaning. I never called myself smart. I called myself smart enough to know ...... There is a huge difference in the meaning of what I said, and what I was quoted as saying.

You are the one one name dropping for working with NASA. Opinions are better received with out the the side of arrogance.

you are probably right. I shouldn't have mentioned a part of my past. But gosh darn it, I'm tired of Purdue fans with such low standards and expectations saying it can't be done and wait until next year. I KNOW It can be done, and it can start this year. This link says Brohm has already received commitments from two 4* players, and is now targeting two more 4* players! When was the last time Purdue had four 4* players in one class ? and Brohm is recruiting these guys without a staff. think of what he will do with one.

http://www.hammerandrails.com/2016/...all-recruiting-jarrell-white-mykelti-williams

one thing to remember , smart or good in one area does not mean smart or a lot of knowledge in another area, just throwing that out there

Stick to NASA. Football recruiting isn't your forte, I'm afraid.

I'm not sure you are right. Wolegib said he knew he liked the other teams recruits more than Yancey and Replogle.

The joke is that it is one thing to know talent, it's a whole different game to convince them to pass on Columbus or Ann Arbor or Tuscaloosa and decide to play their college football in WL. Especially into the dumpster fire that Hazell left.

I'm happy with the JUCO recruits this year and hoping for a better record next year and hoping that will lead to better recruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: boiler800
Now that the dust is settled, I think we would all want 4 or 5 star recruits. I believe we are not as desirable at the moment, a good recruiter can't change that over night. Although I expect him to building for that. We are not going to make a turnaround with WKU talent. We want a turn around. Although many may disagree, with WKU talent and holes filled I think we can be bowl eligible next year. This is if we have the right coach, I am optimistic but time will tell.

Did you happen to work with NASA out of Houston?

I will admit my football recruiting player knowledge is limited. I do know more about the NCAA scholarship process from personal experience. I've learned when not knowledgeable on a subject to seek advice from people who are and people I trust. So in this case, when it comes to Purdue recruits, I base a lot of my opinions on national recruiting services, national rankings, official offers, and also NFL combine and draft results, predictors and scout analysis. Pro and College scouts are paid a lot of money to be objective and accurate. If a college scout gives a player a 2* rating, I'm more about inclined to agree with that scout's opinion than a person on this board. If no other BIG 10 school is interested in a player, I tend to believe Purdue coaches should have the same opinions about a player as their BIG 10 coaching peers do. If a Purdue player goes undrafted, I am inclined to believe he was not as great as Purdue fans claim him to be. I'm not saying they are bad. What I'm saying is that others are and were better. And yes, I am wrong many times, and I will also admit when I am wrong. And I'll admit nobody likes a guy who swears up and down for the past 4years do not hire Hazell or Hope. Even when right, others hate arrogance. In some jobs, arrogance is a coveted quality, but not on message Boards. I will try to tone down my posts but will not post stuff like tmi or rotfl or lol.

Now that the dust is settled, I think we would all want 4 or 5 star recruits. I believe we are not as desirable at the moment, a good recruiter can't change that over night. Although I expect him to building for that. We are not going to make a turnaround with WKU talent. We want a turn around. Although many may disagree, with WKU talent and holes filled I think we can be bowl eligible next year. This is if we have the right coach, I am optimistic but time will tell.

Did you happen to work with NASA out of Houston?

No. I was USAF and worked with NASA at Edwards AFB in California for 12 shuttle landings in the late 80's / early 90's.

Intelligence is appreciated. I think confidence is coveted not arrogance. Very fine line, arrogance can be dangerous. I think you hit the nail on the head I expect the coaches to know more then the masses on the board. After all it is there job. Rankings are opinion some of those 4 to 5 stars miss, and 2 to 3 stars make a bigger impact. This is a rarity, so here's to high expectation brohm can coach a few kids up and find a rough diamond. Then we can start the upward tick a pick from a better pot of players. I will make my prediction we will be bowl eligible next year.

We won 3 games with DH/ Parker with a team in disarray. Momentum and confidence will go a long away.

Team can be better and not have it show in the w-l column.

Team loses its best players on both lines and has a meat grinder for a schedule. Don't expect a bowl

Reactions: Bippus33 and mops65
With the hiring of Brohm and a look at our schedule, I predicted 6 wins for next season. That is my expectation. The schedule is tougher than this year. Ohio is not a pushover. However, when looking at our losses, we have to remember our opponents also will lose key players as well. I believe our offense will be better than last year. I really like our 3 WR recruits. I believe our secondary will be better. I was not impressed by the play of our def line or line backing this past year. Panfil and Replogle leave big holes to fill. One thing I'd like to see is more blitzing by linebackers and safeties. Maybe a different defensive scheme could make up for some of our personnel losses.

Does anyone know how many players have defected from the current 2017 Spring roster since Coach Brohm was named HFC?

at least 5 have officially left, and two- three commitments left if you include Mason,, and 2-3 others including Patterson are expected to leave. Patterson's off field actions would make him suspect to leave regardless of coach.

at least 5 have officially left, and two- three commitments left if you include Mason,, and 2-3 others including Patterson are expected to leave. Patterson's off field actions would make him suspect to leave regardless of coach.
who has left so far ?

who has left so far ?

Wilson, Rose, Wyatt, Cook, Norwood, and Cooper left the team.
Mason, Tusha and West decommited. And Patterson being suspended for assault is also a possibility to leave.

Last edited:
Wilson, Rose, Wyatt, Cook, Norwood, and Cooper left the team.
Mason, Tusha and West decommited. And Patterson being suspended for assault is also a possibility to leave.

Roberts is suspended too

I fully expect Patterson to leave or be kicked off the team. What is your opinion on Roberts? Usually a suspension is given as a second chance. Do you believe Roberts will be given a second/third chance?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT