ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri-7.5 opening line.

So wasn't the talent Brohm won with last year Hazell's recruits? Isn't this year's team mostly Hazell recruits?
It’s not that simple. Among Hazell’s mediocre recruiting classes were some good players, many of which graduated last year. On top of that Brohm didn’t sign the same amount of transfers this year to patch the holes. At some point you have to make the transition.

Bentley+Robinson+McCollum+Okonye+Hunte+Mahoungou+Phillips+Steinmetz > Those who replaced them from the 2015-16 Hazell classes and the 2017 transitional class.

Last edited:
Missouri is coming in loaded, looks like a probable L for the Boilers!!!

You folks have really nosedived, jeezuz!!
Purdue will hold on to the Bucket this year.Can IU win any conference games?After all,they have won 40 in the last 23 seasons.

I read these Purdue versus IU threads and they inevitably end up with Purdue people pounding their chests about how great their mediocre football program has been the last 50 years. Give it a rest, you've been to exactly two Rose Bowls in 50 years, we've been to one.

Your history is nothing and I mean nothing to sit here and shove in anyone's face. Here's what you people need to know: Indiana never gave one hoot about football until very, very recently. That said, look for Indiana to surpass Purdue in football the next 10-20 years. If Indiana had truly cared about football, you folks wouldn't be thumping your chests over mediocrity.

You are staring down the barrel of a bad season if you don't pull it together this week. 0-3 is an atrocious start, look for your class to wobble.
Purdue will win more Bucket games,conference games and total games than IU over the next ten or twenty years.So the Hoosiers never cared about football until recently.Well,their fan base sure showed that last Saturday by buying 35,000 tickets!Purdues fans bought that many during the last year on average,during Hazzells last year.

owns?????? purdues record is 17-14 over the last 30 years, plus losing 4 of the 5. i don't see a whole lot of ownership there!
17 and 14 adds up to 31not 30.Did you fail first grade math?OK.if you Hoosiers want to talk about this decade,Purdue has 16 conference wins to 15 for IU.

Last edited:
17 and 14 adds up to 31not 30.Did you fail first grade math?OK.if you Hoosiers want to talk about this decade,Purdue has 16 conference wins to 15 for IU.
so you wasted your time to prove you can add, like no one else can , great use of your education. then you brag about 16 conference wins as opposed to 15? WOW just WOW. great job.

Amazing. IU is the worst P5 football team in history yet for some reason you guys feel the urge to come over here and tell us it's not. Just watched a "talking head" ESPN show that ranked you guys #1 on jobs that kill coaches careers. Congrats!

Reactions: purduepat1969
No, literally people who have no skin in this game say you're the worst program ever. Barely having .500 seasons every now and again doesn't change that.

Yeah, and in a couple of months, you're going to give the Bucket back!! That'll be Indiana winning 5/6 and moving ahead of your program for good!!

You people have a very possible chance of opening your season 0-4...good luck recovering from that nightmare!!! Ahhh, you people....

I just ran the numbers and you're right. One game against us will move you above our program.

Yeah, and in a couple of months, you're going to give the Bucket back!! That'll be Indiana winning 5/6 and moving ahead of your program for good!!

You people have a very possible chance of opening your season 0-4...good luck recovering from that nightmare!!! Ahhh, you people....
You know whats funny is you hilljacks actually believe the rhetoric you are posting here.

And I am okay with it because it means you'll keep that coach of yours and then when you look back at a long losing streak you'll wonder why. You see the difference is we're still rebuilding and you're as good as you're going to get.

IU will end up 4-8 once conference play begins. same tired story for IUFB beat a couple of patsies and get excited then reality hits. IUFB has no identity, brand or buzz under Allen. He is trying to build a poor man's version of Minnesota which will not work in the east. Purdue is building a championship program under Brohm and losing 2 games by 5 pts sucks but is all part of the growing pains of year 2 of a rebuild.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
IU will end up 4-8 once conference play begins. same tired story for IUFB beat a couple of patsies and get excited then reality hits. IUFB has no identity, brand or buzz under Allen. He is trying to build a poor man's version of Minnesota which will not work in the east. Purdue is building a championship program under Brohm and losing 2 games by 5 pts sucks but is all part of the growing pains of year 2 of a rebuild.
ok, let me make this simple. nobody cares what happened in ancient history or what you think will happen. the facts are clear. IU has won 4 out of the last 5. purdont is very lucky it isn't 5 in a row. both IU and purdont will be at 5 wins come bucket time, if you are lucky. IU will win and you will then be left with what? bragging about more close losses? telling the world about your over rated coach? you were a 500 team last year! what did brohm do that was so great? allen is building something special.

ok, let me make this simple. nobody cares what happened in ancient history or what you think will happen. the facts are clear. IU has won 4 out of the last 5. purdont is very lucky it isn't 5 in a row. both IU and purdont will be at 5 wins come bucket time, if you are lucky. IU will win and you will then be left with what? bragging about more close losses? telling the world about your over rated coach? you were a 500 team last year! what did brohm do that was so great? allen is building something special.
If you think Purdue was lucky to beat your Loosiers last year,you must not know anything about football.You need to be concerned about IU stopping that mighty Ball State team playing at IU Saturday..If your coach is so awesome why dont you begin his last name with a capital A?I guess it is because you dont begin any sentence with a capital letter.Your English grades must have been as bad as your math grades.

Last edited:
ok, let me make this simple. nobody cares what happened in ancient history
Tell that to your cohorts that come to the basketball forum and tout those dusty banners.

And last year isn't ancient history. I know you're just hear trolling, because no one with any legitimate sense would post something so ridiculous.

IU Schedule Non-Conference:
FIU
Virginia
Ball State

Purdue Non-Conference:
Eastern Michigan
Missouri
Boston College

Hmmmm, wonder which of those would be considered the harder schedule?
Ball State will be a challenge for them and at that point we very well might have the same record.

In fact if you want to see how Iu really stacks up, look no farther than the rivals' rankings:

Passing Yards: Purdue 159th little U 162th
Rushing Yards: Purdue 32nd little U 61st
Total Yards per game: Purdue 60th little U 100th

For a program that is supposedly so much better than us, you would think they'd be killing us in all those stats at this point in the season. But yet here we are and they beat us in .........none of them.

This is why I'm convinced that the posters preaching Iu's resurgence to less than mediocrity are probably not Iu fans at all or never graduated college or have just hit their head entirely too often.

Last edited:
Ball State will be a challenge for them and at that point we very well might have the same record.

In fact if you want to see how Iu really stacks up, look no farther than the rivals' rankings:

Passing Yards: Purdue 159th little U 162th
Rushing Yards: Purdue 32nd little U 61st
Total Yards per game: Purdue 60th little U 100th

For a program that is supposedly so much better than us, you would think they'd be killing us in all those stats at this point in the season. But yet here we are and they beat us in .........none of them.

This is why I'm convinced that the posters preaching Iu's resurgence to less than mediocrity are probably not Iu fans at all or never graduated college or have just hit their head entirely too often.
once again , look at purdont's remaining schedule and tell me where you can find 2 wins. it doesn't exist.

If you think Purdue was lucky to beat your Loosiers last year,you must not know anything about football.You need to be concerned about IU stopping that mighty Ball State team playing at IU Saturday..If your coach is so awesome why dont you begin his last name with a capital A?I guess it is because you dont begin any sentence with a capital letter.Your English grades must have been as bad as your math grades.
i didn't know this was an english writing test. i can tell by your comments you are a real brainiac though.

once again , look at purdont's remaining schedule and tell me where you can find 2 wins. it doesn't exist.
Honestly, I see Purdue getting 3 wins:
Illinois
Minnesota
Indiana

I said the water mark for Purdue would be 5 wins with + or - of 2 wins depending on how the team performed. Purdue could easily have won their first two games had they not been plagued by things that didn't happen last year (penalties and TO's).

Honestly, I see Purdue getting 3 wins:
Illinois
Minnesota
Indiana

I said the water mark for Purdue would be 5 wins with + or - of 2 wins depending on how the team performed. Purdue could easily have won their first two games had they not been plagued by things that didn't happen last year (penalties and TO's).
i am happy you use the dunce cap. it shows you understand your limitations as a football "guru". purdont will not win a road game. you blew your chance at 2 wins already. oh well, i guess it's rebuilding time again.

lowly Illini fan here. This thread is pretty funny cause I didn't realize that the Hoosiers had football fans. Could have sworn they wear their reversible jackets during football season & rep Notre Dame haha.

Anyways I hope Purdue plays Misery close . You guys have a good head coach (just lost a lot of talent from last year)

lowly Illini fan here. This thread is pretty funny cause I didn't realize that the Hoosiers had football fans. Could have sworn they wear their reversible jackets during football season & rep Notre Dame haha.

Anyways I hope Purdue plays Misery close . You guys have a good head coach (just lost a lot of talent from last year)
This made me laugh if only for the fact that the reversible jacket lore has stretched in to Illinois. Love it

i am happy you use the dunce cap. it shows you understand your limitations as a football "guru". purdont will not win a road game. you blew your chance at 2 wins already. oh well, i guess it's rebuilding time again.

I'm guessing IU is on rebuild year 24 since Mallory's 7-4 season in 1994? Since that 1994 season, IU has been to a grand total of 3 bowl games. That would be the least amount of any B1G team in that time span.

Also, might want to double check who you are trying to check with your 'football guru' remark. I may only be 34 but I can guarantee unless you can prove you are some high school football coach, you don't have near the amount of knowledge of the game that I do..and I would venture to say most on this board would agree with that remark.

Also, how long are you going to keep going back and forth with me to realize your inane attempts at trolling me with comments are pretty futile. I'll simply continue to use facts and reason which is something you are likely to never either realize and comprehend or you are likely simply ignoring to try and elicit the response you want. I can continue the back and forth with you as much as you want. But please, continue on about how Purdue isn't a better overall program and how the facilities aren't equal to IU's.

I'm guessing IU is on rebuild year 24 since Mallory's 7-4 season in 1994? Since that 1994 season, IU has been to a grand total of 3 bowl games. That would be the least amount of any B1G team in that time span.

Also, might want to double check who you are trying to check with your 'football guru' remark. I may only be 34 but I can guarantee unless you can prove you are some high school football coach, you don't have near the amount of knowledge of the game that I do..and I would venture to say most on this board would agree with that remark.
what exactly is this "knowledge" you speak of? i have read your inane comments for some time now and have never read anything from you that i would call "knowledge".

what exactly is this "knowledge" you speak of? i have read your inane comments for some time now and have never read anything from you that i would call "knowledge".
Funny. Are you speaking in to a mirror when typing that?

On a more serious note, how mundane is your life if you have 'read my comments for some time now' on another team's message board when you are an IU fan? Honestly, what type of life do you live to creep on the message board of your rival and waiting...JUST WAITING....to interject yourself like you have?

Say what you will about your true educational level or your income, your actual maturity and level of personality is evident.

Funny. Are you speaking in to a mirror when typing that?

On a more serious note, how mundane is your life if you have 'read my comments for some time now' on another team's message board when you are an IU fan? Honestly, what type of life do you live to creep on the message board of your rival and waiting...JUST WAITING....to interject yourself like you have?

Say what you will about your true educational level or your income, your actual maturity and level of personality is evident.
so reading other message boards is "creeping"? i have very seldom responded to any of your posts because they are so stupid and uninformed. and "mundane"? pretty big talk for someone who based on your past history lives on message boards. i notice when you don't like the content you go into attack mode. take a deep breath and relax, i realize being a purdont fan is rough but you only have about 50 years left of it, so look on the bright side.

Missouri is coming in loaded, looks like a probable L for the Boilers!!!

You folks have really nosedived, jeezuz!!

Says the guy who thinks IU should outrecruit Purdue for in-state guys lol.

I read these Purdue versus IU threads and they inevitably end up with Purdue people pounding their chests about how great their mediocre football program has been the last 50 years. Give it a rest, you've been to exactly two Rose Bowls in 50 years, we've been to one.

Your history is nothing and I mean nothing to sit here and shove in anyone's face. Here's what you people need to know: Indiana never gave one hoot about football until very, very recently. That said, look for Indiana to surpass Purdue in football the next 10-20 years. If Indiana had truly cared about football, you folks wouldn't be thumping your chests over mediocrity.

You are staring down the barrel of a bad season if you don't pull it together this week. 0-3 is an atrocious start, look for your class to wobble.

And you think Purdue cared about football?! Hahaha. Morgan Burke says hello. Tiller begged for better resources and didn’t get them. And no, you won’t be surpassing anything in the next 10-20 years besides the 700 loss mark.

Please tell us more about why IU should outrecruit Purdue in football.

so reading other message boards is "creeping"? i have very seldom responded to any of your posts because they are so stupid and uninformed. and "mundane"? pretty big talk for someone who based on your past history lives on message boards. i notice when you don't like the content you go into attack mode. take a deep breath and relax, i realize being a purdont fan is rough but you only have about 50 years left of it, so look on the bright side.

Again, you are the individual looking for affirmation (or possibly some semblance of happiness) through ‘trolling’ Purdue fans for your Indiana Hoosiers. If by your own account IU is so much better than Purdue, why come to our board in such a manner? I live on this message board because I am a Purdue fan. Mundane manner of my posts? Thanks, I’ll take it as a compliment since I usually try to back my ideas and thoughts with actual evidence. Probably a result of my education at Purdue University and the rigor it requires to be there. If you need the stats for that, ask because any number of us could provide it for you.

MU fan here. two things (1) I didn't realize the IU-PU rivalry was so heated! (2) You guys kicked our ASS last year then made us eat urinal cakes!

Thanks for posting.Its good to know even Illinois fans can see reversible jacket fans..

MU fan here. two things (1) I didn't realize the IU-PU rivalry was so heated! (2) You guys kicked our ASS last year then made us eat urinal cakes!
Good post.I think we will have good game this Saturday.Urinal cakes?Thats a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT