ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri-7.5 opening line.

owns?????? purdues record is 17-14 over the last 30 years, plus losing 4 of the 5. i don't see a whole lot of ownership there!
Counting this year 4 of the last 6 games have been in Bloomington. That helps IU a little. So IU won one and lost one in West Lafayette. The last time Purdue had back to back home games in the series was 1900.

owns?????? purdues record is 17-14 over the last 30 years, plus losing 4 of the 5. i don't see a whole lot of ownership there!
A few things:
1. 17+14=31 but then again math was probably never your best subject in school.
2. You chose 30 because it suits your argument without seeming like a total troll. Let’s take it back 50 years shall we? 31-19 Purdue. Doesn’t seem so rosy does it? And that is gifting you the absolutely most atrocious time in Purdue football history over the course of 4 years.

A few things:
2. You chose 30 because it suits your argument without seeming like a total troll. Let’s take it back 50 years shall we? 31-19 Purdue. Doesn’t seem so rosy does it? And that is gifting you the absolutely most atrocious time in Purdue football history over the course of 4 years.
so you are trying to make your point on 30 years instead of 31 years? i responded to another dunce who said purdue owned indiana and always will. so you are trying to prove a point by going back to 1900!!! thank you johnnydunceboiler.

A few things:
i thought the most "atrocious" time in purdue football history was "purdue football history"?

so you are trying to make your point on 30 years instead of 31 years? i responded to another dunce who said purdue owned indiana and always will. so you are trying to prove a point by going back to 1900!!! thank you johnnydunceboiler.
2018 - 50 would equal 1968. I know reading is probably just slightly above you ability to do basic math but that wouldn't be back to 1900 (for your information, that would be 2018 - 118).

Your horrific attempts at trying to bait me in to some name calling mudslinging contest are, quite honestly, pathetic. Also, your program at IU is a whopping 465–639–45. Meanwhile, Purdue's all time is 608–560–48. Now, let's do a bit of basic math again:

Over the course of IU's history, they have averaged 3.5 wins per season (2018-1887=131; 465 / 131 = 3.5). That would mean Purdue could literally shutter their program for the next 40 years and IU (historically speaking) would finally pull even with Purdue's overall wins.

Has IU enjoyed success relatively speaking against Purdue over the last 20 years? Sure...but I can take a whole host of different numbers, use them in any number of ways, and paint a picture that makes IU look even more like the joke program that most of the country knows they are.

Reactions: ITSC-Ret
2018 - 50 would equal 1968. I know reading is probably just slightly above you ability to do basic math but that wouldn't be back to 1900 (for your information, that would be 2018 - 118).

Your horrific attempts at trying to bait me in to some name calling mudslinging contest are, quite honestly, pathetic. Also, your program at IU is a whopping 465–639–45. Meanwhile, Purdue's all time is 608–560–48. Now, let's do a bit of basic math again:

Over the course of IU's history, they have averaged 3.5 wins per season (2018-1887=131; 465 / 131 = 3.5). That would mean Purdue could literally shutter their program for the next 40 years and IU (historically speaking) would finally pull even with Purdue's overall wins.

Has IU enjoyed success relatively speaking against Purdue over the last 20 years? Sure...but I can take a whole host of different numbers, use them in any number of ways, and paint a picture that makes IU look even more like the joke program that most of the country knows they are.
so what random stats will you parade out when IU kicks some boiler ass again this year?

well, if IU keeps this up purdue will become nothing but an afterthought in football history.
Keeps what up? You have been an IU fan long enough to know youre going to get punched in the mouth once conference play starts. Frankly, i wouldnt be surprised if you lose to testicle tech.

so what random stats will you parade out when IU kicks some boiler ass again this year?
I provided you with facts that coincide with actual statistical analysis. You have provided laughable amounts of IU homer-ism and zero credible facts.

As some one much wiser than me once said: Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. In your case though, don't bring your IU degree (or claiming of one) to an argument with a Boilermaker graduate.

I provided you with facts that coincide with actual statistical analysis. You have provided laughable amounts of IU homer-ism and zero credible facts.

As some one much wiser than me once said: Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. In your case though, don't bring your IU degree (or claiming of one) to an argument with a Boilermaker graduate.
it's a pretty big knife. IU has the better coach, better facilities, is out recruiting purdue every year. and has beat purdue 4 out of the last 5. so who is on the rise? i guess you can just keep talking about ancient history if that's what makes you feel better.

it's a pretty big knife. IU has the better coach, better facilities, is out recruiting purdue every year. and has beat purdue 4 out of the last 5. so who is on the rise? i guess you can just keep talking about ancient history if that's what makes you feel better.
So you so see the irony bringing up ancient history right? Especially coming from an IU fan.

You are literally the only person on the planet who thinks Allen is a better coach than Brohm. Literally the only one. And Purdue's facilities are getting rave reviews as being some of the best.

Oh and Purdue is ranked 23rd in recruiting right now. Where is iu you ask? Tied with East Carolina at 52nd...right behind North Texas.

Face it - Monroe County Community College is as good as they'll ever be in football right now.

Reactions: BBG
indiana isn’t out recruiting Purdue by any stretch of the imagination. Purdue’s coach has already achieved more than IU’s former high school coach. The one who failed at Ben Davis.

Fact is if IU doesn’t beat Purdue this year it may be the last time for a long while.

Last edited:
You are literally the only person on the planet who thinks Allen is a better coach than Brohm. Literally the only one. And Purdue's facilities are getting rave reviews as being some of the best.

Oh and Purdue is ranked 23rd in recruiting right now. Where is iu you ask? Tied with East Carolina at 52nd...right behind North Texas.

Face it - Monroe County Community College is as good as they'll ever be in football right now.
rankings are not the only measure of good recruiting. IU is out performing purdue on the field. that is all that matters. and they are doing so because their recruits are being coached better. ask some other teams what they think of purdues "great facilities!

I read these Purdue versus IU threads and they inevitably end up with Purdue people pounding their chests about how great their mediocre football program has been the last 50 years. Give it a rest, you've been to exactly two Rose Bowls in 50 years, we've been to one.

Your history is nothing and I mean nothing to sit here and shove in anyone's face. Here's what you people need to know: Indiana never gave one hoot about football until very, very recently. That said, look for Indiana to surpass Purdue in football the next 10-20 years. If Indiana had truly cared about football, you folks wouldn't be thumping your chests over mediocrity.

You are staring down the barrel of a bad season if you don't pull it together this week. 0-3 is an atrocious start, look for your class to wobble.

Reactions: pistol55
I read these Purdue versus IU threads and they inevitably end up with Purdue people pounding their chests about how great their mediocre football program has been the last 50 years. Give it a rest, you've been to exactly two Rose Bowls in 50 years, we've been to one.

Your history is nothing and I mean nothing to sit here and shove in anyone's face. Here's what you people need to know: Indiana never gave one hoot about football until very, very recently. That said, look for Indiana to surpass Purdue in football the next 10-20 years. If Indiana had truly cared about football, you folks wouldn't be thumping your chests over mediocrity.

You are staring down the barrel of a bad season if you don't pull it together this week. 0-3 is an atrocious start, look for your class to wobble.
i would like any purdue fan to tell everybody where you are going to come up with even 2 wins this year! IU will get 6 minimum including a thumping of purdont.

The class isn’t in any danger. And there are a few more heading this way to make it even better. You saw what coach did with good talent. You’re not going to like it when he has great talent.

Iu certainly can pump out some high quality comedy writers. Assuming these clowns even went to iu.

For the IU fans. Who cares if IU wins or loses every game for the next 50 years. This is a Purdue board, go back to the IU board and talk your crap! Gotta be pretty ignorant not to see you are out in left field on the Purdue Board.

The class isn’t in any danger. And there are a few more heading this way to make it even better. You saw what coach did with good talent. You’re not going to like it when he has great talent.
For the IU fans. Who cares if IU wins or loses every game for the next 50 years. This is a Purdue board, go back to the IU board and talk your crap! Gotta be pretty ignorant not to see you are out in left field on the Purdue Board.
so you want other fans to go back to their respective boards, why? so you can just keep pumping sunshine up each others asses? hearing other opinions is what makes conversation interesting. what are you afraid of and why so insecure?

ADVERTISEMENT