ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State v. Purdue Game Thread

We now have a big time win this year! So glad to see it finally come to fruition. This could be a game changer with our mentality going forward. Suddenly, our guys might believe they can beat Maryland at home, and IU at Gloomington (IU is really just mediocre, and we have their number anyway). Let's win out and make this a special year Boilers!

Hammons nearly a triple double with 19-13-8. Awesome line. Btw he and Edwards led the team with 3 assists also.

We now have a big time win this year! So glad to see it finally come to fruition. This could be a game changer with our mentality going forward. Suddenly, our guys might believe they can beat Maryland at home, and IU at Gloomington (IU is really just mediocre, and we have their number anyway). Let's win out and make this a special year Boilers!

Yes, This is a game that teams learn from. It's going through the wars that teams get important lessons. This was a big win.

I swear Purdue basketball is going to give me a heart attack one day. We deserved that. Last 10 minutes of the game our D looked like it did in the first half.

I will say this, if we lose I might just have to exit the forums for a while because it will be a new level of toxic and counter-productive.

You can stay! and tell all the haters to suck it

Great game. The game had it all. Valentine was amazing. Painter just about blew it and if it wasn't for AJ bailing him out, he would have. No one individual performance from Purdue would tell you we could go very far in the tourney and coaching is always the issue when it comes to Painter. Paint Crew loud tonight, my ears are rockin'

Thanks for being a good sport, and good game! You're right, anti-climactic, but I think they made the right call.
We got lucky, refs missed the "chicken wing" Dakich and Tirico caught it. MSU got ripped off but I'll take a win ANY way I can get it. Great start by Davis, then he disappears (as usual). Our defense was outstanding. MSU had great plays and defense too. Two foul outs hurt MSU's chances and the missed call hurt them immensely.

Still believe this is a turning point in the season, but we can't have a let down and Michigan's Levert will be back in the lineup.

Beat IU and Maryland and we will get a 3 seed ! That would be HUUUUUGE ! !

Now you know why Ray was my pick for best 3 pt shooter by year end ! Way to go Ray ! ! ! 24 pts 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks and 6 for 8 from 3 ! !

A free throw wins it. College basketball. Lol.

Congrats on the win. Will help the tourney resume.
We needed the victory against a top ten team. This won't hurt MSU at all. I think we will win in Bloomington by about 20. We will win out, this was a HUGE momentum builder. Dakich only made a fool of himself once. Tirico was spot on all night. Painter sucked but that's par for the course. Swanigan hit A HUGE bucket down the stretch. Ha Ha, MSU fans, we have Swanigan and you do not (sticking tongue out).

We got lucky, refs missed the "chicken wing" Dakich and Tirico caught it. MSU got ripped off but I'll take a win ANY way I can get it. Great start by Davis, then he disappears (as usual). Our defense was outstanding. MSU had great plays and defense too. Two foul outs hurt MSU's chances and the missed call hurt them immensely.

If you think Davis "disappeared" you are crazy

Big Ten Power rankings compliments of the HONEY BADGER:
1) Iowa
2) Maryland
3) MSU
4) Purdue
5) Wisconsin
6) Michigan
7) Indiana (they just got beat by the awful Nittney Lions so yes they deserve this placement)
8) Ohio State
9) Illinois
10) Northwestern
11) Penn State
12) Nebraska
13) Minnesota
14) Rutgers

Dakich only made a fool of himself once. Tirico was spot on all night.

Huh? Tirico was a total putz. He called 3 different fouls "illegal screens" when they were actually elbows to the throat/face. He made a reference the the movie Hoosiers taking place in Bloomington. There were a couple more flubs but Dakich was carrying water for him all night.

smh

Huh? Tirico was a total putz. He called 3 different fouls "illegal screens" when they were actually elbows to the throat/face. He made a reference the the movie Hoosiers taking place in Bloomington. There were a couple more flubs but Dakich was carrying water for him all night.
WRONG, both Tirico AND Dakich were wrong about the picket fence. IT DID NOT OCCUR IN BLOOMINGTON or INDY (Hinkle). If you watched the movie, it took place vs. Oolitc or something like that when Milan was at a home game. So it took place in MILAN, INDIANA.. Dakich is a NOOB at best.

Reactions: ahhculdee
Big Ten Power rankings compliments of the HONEY BADGER:
1) Iowa
2) Maryland
3) MSU
4) Purdue
5) Wisconsin
6) Michigan
7) Indiana (they just got beat by the awful Nittney Lions so yes they deserve this placement)
8) Ohio State
9) Illinois
10) Northwestern
11) Penn State
12) Nebraska
13) Minnesota
14) Rutgers
I think you have #3 and #4 reversed. Better go back and check the score board tonight, you might have missed something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT