ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan QB transfer Brandon Peters?

all I will say is Brohm has always been a WIN NOW coach. And he has a track record for signing grad transfers. Peters would supposedly have 2 years of eligibility. and he knows the Michigan playbook.

Per Rivals:

Peters. 5.9 #6 ranked QB
Van Dyke 5.8 #13 ranked QB
Prater 5.6 #18 ranked QB

I was under the impression Prater and Van Dyke were CJB s plan A in this recruiting class. They’re gone so I say take him. Boiler Up.

I realize they’re different years but I get an idea where they ranked in their respective classes.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Per Rivals:

Peters. 5.9 #6 ranked QB
Van Dyke 5.8 #13 ranked QB
Prater 5.6 #18 ranked QB

I was under the impression Prater and Van Dyke were CJB s plan A in this recruiting class. They’re gone so I say take him. Boiler Up.

I realize they’re different years but I get an idea where they ranked in their respective classes.
I think Peters may view it a more advantage to learn under Brohm and potentially be given the reigns in 2020 or beat out Sindelar single handily. I really like Elijah's ceiling given his measurables and arm strength...but let's be honest here, he was consistently beaten out by David Blough for the past three seasons or he pissed away what he had gained in a single half of the first game.

I'm not hoping for Elijah to fail...that's inherently silly and completely counterproductive to cheering on a team...but Peters may view playing under Brohm as an opportunity to run a great offense with a mind who has developed QB's in to NFL quality from less talent that what he brings to the table.

I don't know... The guy didn't really wow anyone with the Michigan OL's in front of him. Not sure he would wow us after being spoiled by Michigan linemen protecting him.

If we have space, bring him on and let him compete with Eli, Plummer, and Sipe. With Eli's injury history, I wouldn't mind having an experienced backup.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
This article make it sounds like we are leading to get him. Not sure we need another QB but would be nice to have another backup if injury happens.
Looks like he was highly ranked out of high school at #61 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. What do you all think?

https://247sports.com/Article/Brand...arterback-Michigan-Wolverines--131871127/Amp/

If Brohm decides to take him, I’d ask objector this.. what is established at QB? You have 4 guys who have yet to establish that they can do anything against live action in Plummer, O’Connell, Sipe and Piferi. In Sindelar, you have a guy who hasn’t established that he can stay healthy.

If Brohm decides to take him, I’d ask objector this.. what is established at QB? You have 4 guys who have yet to establish that they can do anything against live action in Plummer, O’Connell, Sipe and Piferi. In Sindelar, you have a guy who hasn’t established that he can stay healthy.

I don't disagree. I think you sell him on coming here as an insurance policy. If Sindelar is hurt, he can step in and play next year as a grad transfer if he can beat out Plummer and Sipe. If Sindelar plays and is good and stays healthy and ends up leaving and not taking his 6th year waiver, Peters would get a shot next year to contribute.

I don't disagree. I think you sell him on coming here as an insurance policy. If Sindelar is hurt, he can step in and play next year as a grad transfer if he can beat out Plummer and Sipe. If Sindelar plays and is good and stays healthy and ends up leaving and not taking his 6th year waiver, Peters would get a shot next year to contribute.

And also if sindelar gets hurt and plummer beats dude for the job, you know he’s gonna be fine

Reactions: pboiler18
I feel like if I’m Peters I go somewhere with a lot less competition. But I’d welcome him onboard.
Thats just it. Most P5 teams have their QB situation half way set by now. Like JDB said, his chances are just as bout as good here as anywhere.

If you had started for Michigan and were once a top high school QB, and you decided to leave Michigan. And you had 2 years of eligibility left. Would you go to a school where you could be an instant starter to revive your dreams of playing in the NFL? Would you go to a school you know was bowl bound? Would you go to a school where you are likely going to be a backup? Would you go to a school closer to home? I can understand the interest, but wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going to a lesser school that would provide him a better chance of starting. Isn't that the main reason he's leaving Michigan? For a chance to start?

I think Peters may view it a more advantage to learn under Brohm and potentially be given the reigns in 2020 or beat out Sindelar single handily. I really like Elijah's ceiling given his measurables and arm strength...but let's be honest here, he was consistently beaten out by David Blough for the past three seasons or he pissed away what he had gained in a single half of the first game.

I'm not hoping for Elijah to fail...that's inherently silly and completely counterproductive to cheering on a team...but Peters may view playing under Brohm as an opportunity to run a great offense with a mind who has developed QB's in to NFL quality from less talent that what he brings to the table.
If we’re pursuing Peters, does it mean we aren’t getting Cronk?

Completely reasonable assessment. Sindelar is very very good, when he's on. When he's off, bad things happen. I was disappointed with how he started the season this past year and gave up the starting position too easily.

You guys are crazy if you don't think Brandon Peters wouldn't be the favorite to win the starting QB job if he transfers.

He was the number 3 ranked Qb coming out of college. Brohm is a QB genius. So much so that Blough has a legit shot to land with the Browns, the 27th ranked QB coming out of high school.

in 2017 Brandon had the best stats of the 3 QB's given a shot, last year, Shea Patterson looked about the same as Brandon did in 2017, yet Shea was the #1 ranked prospect in the nation coming out of high school

Harbaugh is so over ranked as a coach in my opinion. He took the best QB recruit in the nation and made him look average. When Brohm gets his hands on Peterson, he will no doubt be the top QB on the team, and we will have him for 2 years.

Peterson knows what he is doing, he is escaping Harbaugh without making him self look bad and resurrecting his NFL chances again.

Plus what QB wouldn't want to throw to our receiver core. We might have 3 day 1 or day 2 receivers on our roster, amazing.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I think Plummer may be the most talented quarterback Purdue may have ever had. Not sure what's between the ears, but as far as arm strength and accuracy, being able to run and with his size; he is real good. It will be interesting how it all plays out.

If Peters does come here I would expect one of our other QBs sipe or Plummer to look elsewhere. I would expect Sindelar to stay for academic reasons even if he is beaten out.

I think Plummer may be the most talented quarterback Purdue may have ever had. Not sure what's between the ears, but as far as arm strength and accuracy, being able to run and with his size; he is real good. It will be interesting how it all plays out.
Pure talent? Hard to go against Jeff George
Too bad he has shit for brains

If Peters does come here I would expect one of our other QBs sipe or Plummer to look elsewhere. I would expect Sindelar to stay for academic reasons even if he is beaten out.

Sipe would make the most sense. He would be able to transfer with 2 years play and prove himself somewhere. Big strong arm and good size. He would find a good home.

It would make very little sense for Plummer to transfer out because of Peters who will only be in the way for at most 2 of his 4 years of eligibility. With what Purdue is building and what they have coming in at WR, it wouldn’t make much sense to leave. 2 years to show out in this system should be more than enough time to get pro attention. Not to mention the system Brohm runs is ideal for those trying to go pro. Plummer could, in theory transfer to possibly gain an extra year of starting time, but unlikely it would be a better situation.

If you had started for Michigan and were once a top high school QB, and you decided to leave Michigan. And you had 2 years of eligibility left. Would you go to a school where you could be an instant starter to revive your dreams of playing in the NFL? Would you go to a school you know was bowl bound? Would you go to a school where you are likely going to be a backup? Would you go to a school closer to home? I can understand the interest, but wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going to a lesser school that would provide him a better chance of starting. Isn't that the main reason he's leaving Michigan? For a chance to start?
If he has NFL hopes, then he needs to rebuild his brand as a passer. Where better to do so than playing for the Brohm brothers with so many receiver and TE weapons? Playing for Brohm for 2 years could be more valuable than starting right away as long as he has a chance to start the following year. If Sindelar stays healthy and has the sort of season that we all hope, he will likely be NFL bound and having Peters here to compete for the starting role the following year, after a full season and spring camp, would be a nice situation. If Sindelar gets hurt or has trouble protecting the ball, then it would help to have a veteran who can come off of the sidelines with experience to help immediately. He was not great in his time on the field at Michigan but I think that Michigan grossly under-performed on offense while Peters was there and that they didn't develop him (or anybody at the QB spot for that matter). Keep in mind also that he was a redshirt freshman with no experience when he took over the starter's job. He's probably potentially much better than he's had the opportunity to show thus far (similar to Blough before Brohm developed him).

Having said that, I think that an OL transfer or 2 are far more valuable to the team at this point and there may not be enough spots left to take Peters if we can find a couple of good OL prospects. Of course, he could walk on for the fall if he chooses to do so and go on scholly in the spring if he shows signs that he can compete to start in 2020, but I wouldn't give him a scholarship now unless there were fewer than 2 good OL options available for this upcoming season.

Last edited:
I would agree scholarships are kind of tight right now. We already have two linebackers counting against the 2020 limit. and an OL grad transfer rumor. Adding a QB for 2 years would add to that.

I would agree scholarships are kind of tight right now. We already have two linebackers counting against the 2020 limit. and an OL grad transfer rumor. Adding a QB for 2 years would add to that.
Graduate transfers only count towards your 85...if I’m reading the NCAA bylaws correctly. I think that was put in place with the hard cap 25 limit per class. If that’s the case...if Sipe transfers out and Peters transfers in...it would essentially be a wash (using Sipe as an example...not saying he is leaving. Tom has gone on record saying he thinks Sipe may transfer out for PT given he is likely behind Sindelar, Plummer, O’Connell, and potentially even Piferi).

Graduate transfers only count towards your 85...if I’m reading the NCAA bylaws correctly. I think that was put in place with the hard cap 25 limit per class. If that’s the case...if Sipe transfers out and Peters transfers in...it would essentially be a wash (using Sipe as an example...not saying he is leaving. Tom has gone on record saying he thinks Sipe may transfer out for PT given he is likely behind Sindelar, Plummer, O’Connell, and potentially even Piferi).
If we get Peters, I could see Sipe as the odd man out and going to a place like Boise St. or Fresno St. If an ex highly rated QB wants some PT and be in the midwest, a place like Cent. Mich. w/ McElwain as HC would be a spot to consider.

Last edited:
Did we get Peters? I just had a buddy here at work say that we did.
Have not seen anything official yet. Sophomore DB Jacob Abrams did put his name in the transfer portal today. If he transfers, that could give us more options with the 25 recruit yearly cap.

Have not seen anything official yet. Sophomore DB Jacob Abrams did put his name in the transfer portal today. If he transfers, that could give us more options with the 25 recruit yearly cap.
25 is 25. The number isnt impacted by departures from current players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT