ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan -8

I'll be happy to be within 8. We're a young team that's still learning. I think we can be really good by the end of the year but aren't there currently. Unless Carsen goes nuclear, then all bets are off

Reactions: neckster87
Carson will struggle...
Mich will put a bigger guy on him and make him shoot 25+ft ers or drive to the basket and force contested shots or force turnovers...
Will have to play better n smarter than in our two losses!

Might be a lock?

Call me crazy, but I think Michigan comes out flat after a string of big wins and Purdue comes out hungry after a loss and has a chance to steal one. This is a young Michigan team outside of Matthews and Simpson.

I think Painter should shake up the starting lineup with the group that made the 2nd half run against FSU.

Carsen, Cline, Sasha, Nojel, Boudreaux.

Nojel guards Bradzekis. Carsen is quick enough for Simpson, just needs to back off and let him shoot. Matthews will get his points, but what can you do.

I expect a great effort today out of our beloved Boilers. They should come out and and play some hard nosed defense, the Boilermaker way. If Mich isn't hitting those 3s I like our chances.

Reactions: Roeder
Call me crazy, but I think Michigan comes out flat after a string of big wins and Purdue comes out hungry after a loss and has a chance to steal one. This is a young Michigan team outside of Matthews and Simpson.

I think Painter should shake up the starting lineup with the group that made the 2nd half run against FSU.

Nojel guards Bradzekis. Carsen is quick enough for Simpson, just needs to back off and let him shoot. Matthews will get his points, but what can you do.
Yeah, Nojel can't guard Bradzekis AND Matthews...hope the one out doesn't go off. Carsen needs to defer to the others a bit more and pick his spots just a bit better...

Carson will struggle...
Mich will put a bigger guy on him and make him shoot 25+ft ers or drive to the basket and force contested shots or force turnovers...
Will have to play better n smarter than in our two losses!
No doubt Michigan will be VERY tough as they are good!!! However, I put a bit more pressure on the offense rather than defer to Michigan's defense. If Carsen shoots 25 footers and he will...that is Carsen's choice. If Purdue shoots contested shots, that is the player's choice (most likely due to NOT doing the little things to free a player) and if Purdue makes turnovers...that too will be the result of bad offensive decisions.

yes, I'm fully aware that some defenses are much better than others and can make it VERY difficult to not do what you said...but I hold the offense accountable in not doing those things...even though they may be a bit young... ;)

#1 in defensive efficiency and have multiple scorers. They are deadly! Make them a perimeter team and hope they are off because their defense will be there regardless. Take the under and Boilers get some lucky bounces PU 67 UM 63.

Reactions: Fansince72
Simpson is going to be a handle for us. I'm really impressed with the kid outside of trouble at the charity stripe. Wish we had him.

Boiler up!

I am hoping for the best, but I am nervous. Michigan has been destroying bluebloods. Don't understand how they aren't ranked No. 1 right now. We need a stellar game from Carsen, not an FSU level perfomance. Got to take better care of the ball or it will be a long afternoon - no question. I definitely hope Painter starts Boudreaux. If we don't win we have an opportunity to quickly right the ship with wins over Maryland and Texas. We shouldn't go into meltdown mode if we don't win.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I expect a great effort today out of our beloved Boilers. They should come out and and play some hard nosed defense, the Boilermaker way. If Mich isn't hitting those 3s I like our chances.

Not sure how I feel about this game. But I agree, the Boilers will always give their all. It's been a tough stretch for sure.....and away from Mackey to boot. I'm looking down the road, and how this will hopefully help the team.....like a blacksmith beating a raw piece of iron into a formidable weapon. BTFU!

Reactions: Fansince72

Maybe I was a little off, lol. Still think Painter should have started with lineup above, but the way Michigan is playing it might not have mattered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT