ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland v. Purdue Game Thread

Wow, what an ugly last 30 mins. Not very characteristic of this team, especially when they played so well out of the gate.

With that being said, bring on UM. I want this game more than any other on the regular season schedule after watching Dickinson drag his nuts down the court after every made basket last year.

Sure.

I am thinking more of tourney time.

We were lucky Maryland shot worse than us. I don't suspect that is a workable strategy against tourney teams.

Plenty to learn from this game, for sure.

Glad we got a win. Of course. I just hope the 3 pt shooting starts to hit but I am getting really nervous that it is here to stay.
They were worse by 1 percentage point. Maybe they were lucky Purdue shot 15% from three to keep them in the game. Joking, but sometimes you just got to win ugly games. Houston did not, Kansas did not ( twice). Recently the bb world was touting Arizona and UConn, they lost a few. The new king being talked about is Alabama. Purdue? They just keep winning as the others drop off. Enjoy while it lasts.

After taking a nap and reflecting further, I think the main reason this wasn't a 8 to 10 pt game at the end was Smith's flu. He was awful time and time again with the turnovers late in the 2nd half. Yes he still made clutch FT's and made some beautiful passes but seemed absolutely gassed and exhausted at the end of the game.

Although credit to Maryland for bringing super energy and changing defenses in the 2nd half.

I don't think today was about shooting woes. It was about the game being played at the wrong pace, and just about everything in terms of layups rimming out and loose balls went Maryland's way. Zach had a good game but if it wasn't a dunk he pretty much missed it. It seemed like he was off on all of his jump hooks.as getting absolutely mauled. They were hanging on him so bad he couldn't get far enough off the ground for a dunk.

I don't think today was about shooting woes. It was about the game being played at the wrong pace, and just about everything in terms of layups rimming out and loose balls went Maryland's way. Zach had a good game but if it wasn't a dunk he pretty much missed it. It seemed like he was off on all of his jump hooks.
Edey was being absolutely mauled. They were hanging on him so bad he couldn't even get off the ground for a dunk. So many missed calls both ways the games turned into a slugfest of tackle basketball. You rarely hear Painter complain about officiating so you know it was bad.

Watching him at the foul line, even in the 1st half, I said that we will hear afterwards that he has the flu. He looked ill and could not catch his breath.
Yeah, personally I thought with the fatigue combined with the pressure an mostly fatigue he might miss the 1 and 1 that he reminded the team it was bonus. Kid is tough minded

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT