ADVERTISEMENT

Man, IU fans are really quiet today.

It’s a really long post and I got through it all, but frankly, I completely lost any faith in your credibility when you called Dan Dakich an “X and O genius.”
He’s an absolute Knight clone technically. Both understand and articulate the game as well as anyone I’ve seen when they are dead serious and not letting their egos invade.

Knight was an absolute master and loved listening to him talk basketball. But a deeply flawed man.

Last edited:
He’s an absolute Knight clone technically. Both understand and articulate the game as well as anyone I’ve seen when they are dead serious and not letting their egos invade.
I agree that Knight was great at articulating the game, but feel the same way about Painter. I’m always impressed by the thoughtful answers he gives any time he is interviewed.

Reactions: ulrey and dr.jb
Going back 50 years it doesn’t seem like a lot. Did he ever use graduate assistant coaches? It seems like Keady and Painter always have 2-4 grad assistants they bring on to mentor. I really don’t know, maybe Knight did bring his kids back into the program. I only remember his son coming back to coach and that being a big deal.
I'm really not sure honestly.

Reactions: OneWayStreet

Knight was an absolute master and loved listening to him talk basketball. But a deeply flawed man.
Yes,I think Knight was a basketball wizard while beig a very unusual person.

Because guys like Witten and Woodson went and coached in the pros. Cheaney is coaching in the pros. Lewis is at Ball State. Dusty May was a manager for IU under Knight... He's the HC at FAU. Oh and there was this one random guy he got a job for at Army that ended up being a decent coach sort of. He helped his players. Gave to the Bloomington community.
Who is Witten? I must have missed that one. Lol!

What you think is Purdue's destiny for March Madness next month?
Ya know, thinking about this, and it’s an “if” and kind of a big one at that. But *if* Edey or fouls…just the game in-general, are called they way they *should* be---just fair and consistent… ya know – no more, no less. Maybe akin to how the pre conference slate of the schedule seemed to be – then I actually like this particular Boiler team – to actually make the FF.
From there, total crap shoot but would not want to play Kansas of any of the highly ranked teams…that match up feels like a 10 point loss. The others…it’s a coin flip.

Guessing bout every team in the B10 or all of college hoops feels that way about Refs, right? Here’s the thing though: post players…true post players, true post-centric offenses… are reffed differently. Shouldn’t be that way but it is. Have browsed some other teams boards this year and when you sift through any blind Purdue -hate, have seen some rational posts at times, saying things like, “honestly, Edey gets fouled more with no calls than about any player in recent memory.” He’s a dinosaur in today’s game which sucks because he’s so damn good ..but he’s an outlier and they just don’t know how to ref him on a consistent basis. If there’s another Northwestern-type game, Boilers could be gone in the R of 32.

So yeah, just a fairly and consistently called game (and maybe no more than 12 turnovers and at least 35% shooting from deep…that’s been an issue for our talented but young guards and wings; shooters as a group) and I like this team to make the FF, this year

Regardless, it’s been one helluva fun season, BTFU

• Love
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
Good for them, they beat the Boilers ass, also, Purdue shot about 25 more free throws, although I’m sure we’ll hear it, sure can’t blame the refs. Well, I guess the 5-26 from 3 and the missed Free Throws were the refs fault. I love Purdue with all my heart, however, with age I’ve realized when you get beat take it like a man, this was one of those night.

Good for them, they beat the Boilers ass, also, Purdue shot about 25 more free throws, although I’m sure we’ll hear it, sure can’t blame the refs. Well, I guess the 5-26 from 3 and the missed Free Throws were the refs fault. I love Purdue with all my heart, however, with age I’ve realized when you get beat take it like a man, this was one of those night.

Couple you guys really seem to be enjoying mentioning "anyone wanna blame this one on the refs?"

Have not heard or seen any Purdue people doing so. This was nothing like the Northwestern and Maryland game where the refs absolutely influenced those two outcomes.

Purdue was absolutely brutal from 3 pt and the FT line = game over. Even with as amazing as JHS was, anything even close to average from 3, or a bit better at the stripe and the outcome is likely different

But reality is hitting me that I simply don't think we're a very good 3 point shooting team. Streaky and can get hot. Consistent and good shooting, nope.

Pretty horrible defense / rotations as well.

Couple you guys really seem to be enjoying mentioning "anyone wanna blame this one on the refs?"

Have not heard or seen any Purdue people doing so. This was nothing like the Northwestern and Maryland game where the refs absolutely influenced those two outcomes.

Purdue was absolutely brutal from 3 pt and the FT line = game over. Even with as amazing as JHS was, anything even close to average from 3, or a bit better at the stripe and the outcome is likely different

But reality is hitting me that I simply don't think we're a very good 3 point shooting team. Streaky and can get hot. Consistent and good shooting, nope.

Galloway and Kopp hit their 3’s and we didn’t.

Galloway and Kopp hit their 3’s and we didn’t.

Yes indeed Tx

I dislike Galloway as feel he's got just a tad bit of trash in his game (prob the same way IU fans feel about Brian Cardinal, Kramer, etc et al, ha!) but I give the dude massive props: he's turning himself into quite a player...even if he does look like Robert Smith from the Cure on the court, lmaooo

I about sh*t when they said he's hitting damn near 50% from deep. His shot looks pure as well. That's impressive and he plays aggro, harassing D to boot.

IU kicked our butts last night and Purdue also kicked their own butts too

Reactions: TX4GB
So why rush the floor , when you beat us then? Little bro......
They (not me) rushed the floor because IU had just beaten the number one ranked team in the country. It did not matter that it was Purdue (but it was a nice added bonus).

And neither PU or IU is the other's "little bro". That is just soo stupid.

Yes indeed Tx

I dislike Galloway as feel he's got just a tad bit of trash in his game (prob the same way IU fans feel about Brian Cardinal, Kramer, etc et al, ha!) but I give the dude massive props: he's turning himself into quite a player...even if he does look like Robert Smith from the Cure on the court, lmaooo

I about sh*t when they said he's hitting damn near 50% from deep. His shot looks pure as well. That's impressive and he plays aggro, harassing D to boot.

IU kicked our butts last night and Purdue also kicked their own butts too
Just imagine if he made thank dunk. They would have played it like the Octeus and Edwards dunks in Assembly.

That was a few that bitched every supposed missed call, let’s be honest, some want a foul called every time Purdue has the ball. Purdue got the call last night, still got drilled. I think Purdue is the better team, however, they have to hit open shots. Purdue had a ton of in and outs, it happens.

Reactions: Schnelk
I would much rather Purdue make the FF and compete for a NC next month,

even if it meant getting sweep by another school in the regular season.

Winning everything would be nice but March Madness success far more important.
Ff?
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Reactions: Vern Pain
This didn't age well🤷
I mean, yeah. You'll have to forgive us for being a little spoiled by owning IU for what feels like 3 decades in FB and BB. It seems like IU hasn't been good since they had to call timeouts, get a ladder and retrieve the ball from the peach basket. We'll be fine.

Reactions: Schnelk
I mean, yeah. You'll have to forgive us for being a little spoiled by owning IU for what feels like 3 decades in FB and BB. It seems like IU hasn't been good since they had to call timeouts, get a ladder and retrieve the ball from the peach basket. We'll be fine.
Careful...you're going to provoke a pre-WWII history lesson :rolleyes:

That’s about the time Purdue won a hellmans trophy?

Man that's a rough life if 10 years feels like 30.

Can somebody shut these tools down. They'll be talking next about the money they make and prestige homes in Newburgh.😂😂

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Can somebody shut these tools down. They'll be talking next about the money they make and prestige homes in Newburgh.😂😂
This is a pretty funny troll magnet thread. Ironically, it was pretty quiet Saturday night and Sunday morning.

#respectful

This is a pretty funny troll magnet thread. Ironically, it was pretty quiet Saturday night and Sunday morning.

#respectful
I'll take a little banter, but even my IU buddy said he would rather switch places with Purdue. So, at least there's some honesty.

I heard a lot of IU is back and a IU asst coach was chanting this is the new IU, well after last nite, we all know IU is back to normal.
Well I guess Iowa showed Purdue the key to beating Indiana... Actually hitting shots.

Because guys like Witten and Woodson went and coached in the pros. Cheaney is coaching in the pros. Lewis is at Ball State. Dusty May was a manager for IU under Knight... He's the HC at FAU. Oh and there was this one random guy he got a job for at Army that ended up being a decent coach sort of. He helped his players. Gave to the Bloomington community.
Seems like Dave Bliss was at SMU and they were pretty good for a couple of years. Mind going to 1-4 low for whatever reason and remembering 2 tall post players. Got Bob/Bill Feller ??? that left IU and went to Illinois to coach high school...maybe the other way around????

Last edited:
So why rush the floor , when you beat us then? Little bro......
The Iowa game verified that Purdue was the Super Bowl game for IU. Not only the Super Bowl, but absolutely best game for the Super Bowl that IU played

Reactions: Poprudy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT