Indiana from Bloomington, Indiana

Duquesne from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Springfield from Springfield, Massachusetts

Western Kentucky from Bowling Green, Kentucky

Colorado from Boulder, Colorado

Kansas from Lawrence, Kansas

Rice from Houston, Texas

USC from Los Angeles, California
ya got me there...I can see every national location represented. I'll be damned...look at all the "possible" national locations. Must have got a few settlers through the meadows massacre to stock up Cally.

I would much rather Purdue make the FF and compete for a NC next month,

even if it meant getting sweep by another school in the regular season.

Winning everything would be nice but March Madness success far more important.
Who are you? Masquerading as a Boilermaker??? NO, NONE, Natta Boilermaker would EVER be willing to be swept by TOS. IU sucks…

Everything you're saying is about as useless sandpaper tp. Purdue isn't anywhere near the program historically that Indiana is. Get over it. That is why Purdue is the little brother. You keep trying to go all the way around to try and make it seem like Purdue is better, but they aren't. Literally only in your brain is Purdue a better program. No cares what you think Indiana does against the same competition. No one. Because again, Purdue built their records in the early 1900s. Then people got better than them and got better on a national stage. Good job on the early 1900s success little bro.
Purdue has beaten IU ten out of the last twelve times they have played and it should be nineteen out of twenty six times as of ten o clock or so tomorrow night.Matt Painter is leading Purdue to their fourteeth NCAA Tourney appearance is his eighteenth year as head coach while Indianas five coaches this century have made the tourney just twelve times. Go little bro yourself and remember that Purdue has achieved these records in the early part of this century,not the last one.

• Love
Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
Purdue has beaten IU ten out of the last twelve times they have played and it should be nineteen out of twenty six times as of ten o clock or so tomorrow night.Matt Painter is leading Purdue to their fourteeth NCAA Tourney appearance is his eighteenth year as head coach while Indianas five coaches this century have made the tourney just twelve times. Go little bro yourself and remember that Purdue has achieved these records in the early part of this century,not the last one.
Cool story bro. Indiana is still well ahead of Purdue historically. You're still the little brother, no different than Louisville to Kentucky.

Cool story bro. Indiana is still well ahead of Purdue historically. You're still the little brother, no different than Louisville to Kentucky.
Recent history matters too and Purdue surely is ahead in recent years.You seem to like NCAA tourney history ,so I will remind you that Purdue has ten tournement victories since the Hoosiers last had a win.Ahead of Purdue in every historical category?Purdue has topped the Hoosiers 125 times to 91 wins for IU.Purdue will clinch their twenty fifth Big Ten title soon while Indiana continues to lag behind at 22.Speaking of Louisville,has the IU AD gotten the Hoosier football team out of their contract to play Jeff Brohms Cardinal team the next three seasons?

Recent history matters too and Purdue surely is ahead in recent years.You seem to like NCAA tourney history ,so I will remind you that Purdue has ten tournement victories since the Hoosiers last had a win.Ahead of Purdue in every historical category?Purdue has topped the Hoosiers 125 times to 91 wins for IU.Purdue will clinch their twenty fifth Big Ten title soon while Indiana continues to lag behind at 22.Speaking of Louisville,has the IU AD gotten the Hoosier football team out of their contract to play Jeff Brohms Cardinal team the next three seasons?
Sweet. There isn't a recency bias when talking about all time.

It doesn't make them happy. They are here for affirmation. They will stay until they get it, and it just isn't going to happen.
I'm considering trying to discern the most Natural Order major for the male student enrolled in IU at Bloomington in 2023. Rather than gathering the data for all students I think I'll just grab the first student @ 8 AM on the first Monday of every month at a specified location for the first five months and ask him or her if they know his or her major and can recite it. Those 5 data points should tell me the major that is the most "natural order" shouldn't it? I mean who uses all the data available if easily obtained when a sample of five can be used to portray the desired picture.

Recency bias.Arent you the wordsmith?Are you going to come back here tomorrow night after the game?
Recency Bias is a common phrase today passed around in work circles of indoctrination. On the surface it is harmless, but the pupose is deeper than the surface. His indoctrination is more than TJD or IU it appears... If you are bored and get a chance, read about my Dobe. Quick learner and damn good dog she was! ;)

Reactions: BoilerGal74
“Hey, let’s start a thread about how quiet IU fans are and challenge them to post on our board!”

(a few days and 100+ posts later)

“Why are IU fans posting on our board? That’s so rude!”

“Hey, let’s start a thread about how quiet IU fans are and challenge them to post on our board!”

Post away HJM. I ignore the folks who don't want interaction with our rivals and you can too.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM

I'd say that traffic has picked up since I've been here. So you're welcome Purdue😂

If it meant Purdue making the FF and winning a NC, I sure would accept being swept

by IU.

Winning a NC is WAY more important than winning 2 regular season games.

I'm with you on this. Not sure why she went on that rant against you. You clearly stated a make-believe, hypothetical trade off.

It would absolutely suck to get swept by them. However if in hypothetical trade-world it meant winning a NC, then yeah, I'd be ok with that trade...and in a New York minute.

Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
I'm with you on this. Not sure why she went on that rant against you. You clearly stated a make-believe, hypothetical trade off.

It would absolutely suck to get swept by them. However if in hypothetical trade-world it meant winning a NC, then yeah, I'd be ok with that trade...and in a New York minute.
What you think is Purdue's destiny for March Madness next month?

Its just a commentary on how far indiana has fallen as it continues to rely on games played 40-50 years ago to justify its standing
Do IU fans realize those banners came with a price tag? They created an egomaniac that was not an IU guy, but a Bob Knight guy. He began to destroy their culture 5 years before he was shown the door. You could see it in the way his teams played, the lack of respect shown to his fellow coaches, how he interacted with the administration, treated those around him in the athletic department and patronized his fan base. His kids had no confidence and probably weren't entirely sure which bipolar maniac was going to show up day to day. He gave a middle finger to not only the university, but the fan base on his way out. They've been wandering in exile for 20 years as a result and are possibly just now finding a culture. Knight built IU and destroyed it on his way out. If Keady did that to Purdue I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Btw, what has Knight given back to the game? Does he have a coaching tree? Nope it was all about himself and a few inner circle guys from the 70s and 80s. He kept a couple of gray haired guys sitting next to him that would put up with him (and I think he even trashed them on his way out). A travesty and embarrassment how he treated Alford. His biggest disciple was Dan Dakich. (Both X and O geniuses by the way - there is nobody that I enjoyed listening to broadcasts more than Knight and Dakich when they were coherent and serious about the game.)

Conversely, Purdue has known its identity and culture for over 4 decades. Keady has quietly supported the program without fanfare. The Keady/Painter coaching tree is substantial - giving back to the game, building a culture, a program and caring about the university.

The banners are impressive. Success is hard. Sustained success is even harder and I'm not sure Knight and IU had the character to make that happen.

Do IU fans realize those banners came with a price tag? They created an egomaniac that was not an IU guy, but a Bob Knight guy. He began to destroy their culture 5 years before he was shown the door. You could see it in the way his teams played, the lack of respect shown to his fellow coaches, how he interacted with the administration, treated those around him in the athletic department and patronized his fan base. His kids had no confidence and probably weren't entirely sure which bipolar maniac was going to show up day to day. He gave a middle finger to not only the university, but the fan base on his way out. They've been wandering in exile for 20 years as a result and are possibly just now finding a culture. Knight built IU and destroyed it on his way out. If Keady did that to Purdue I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Btw, what has Knight given back to the game? Does he have a coaching tree? Nope it was all about himself and a few inner circle guys from the 70s and 80s. He kept a couple of gray haired guys sitting next to him that would put up with him (and I think he even trashed them on his way out). A travesty and embarrassment how he treated Alford. His biggest disciple was Dan Dakich. (Both X and O geniuses by the way - there is nobody that I enjoyed listening to broadcasts more than Knight and Dakich when they were coherent and serious about the game.)

Conversely, Purdue has known its identity and culture for over 4 decades. Keady has quietly supported the program without fanfare. The Keady/Painter coaching tree is substantial - giving back to the game, building a culture, a program and caring about the university.

The banners are impressive. Success is hard. Sustained success is even harder and I'm not sure Knight and IU had the character to make that happen.
Because guys like Witten and Woodson went and coached in the pros. Cheaney is coaching in the pros. Lewis is at Ball State. Dusty May was a manager for IU under Knight... He's the HC at FAU. Oh and there was this one random guy he got a job for at Army that ended up being a decent coach sort of. He helped his players. Gave to the Bloomington community.

• Haha
Reactions: mathboy and Schnelk
Because guys like Witten and Woodson went and coached in the pros. Cheaney is coaching in the pros. Lewis is at Ball State. Dusty May was a manager for IU under Knight... He's the HC at FAU. Oh and there was this one random guy he got a job for at Army that ended up being a decent coach sort of. He helped his players. Gave to the Bloomington community.
Who is Witten?Do you mean Randy Wittman?If you are going to brag on Knights coaching tree,I would think you could at least spell a guys name correctly!

It’s a really long post and I got through it all, but frankly, I completely lost any faith in your credibility when you called Dan Dakich an “X and O genius.”

I have no problem admitting that Knight was a great coach, but there was a lot about the man that I could never admire. Regardless, to me that all seems like a very long time ago. Knight has been gone from IU for a couple decades now.

I actually do have a lot of admiration for Woodson. He seems like a class act and a good coach.

That said, I am a huge fan of Painter and I have loved following his teams for the past 18 years or so. He is both classy and a great coach who has developed a culture that reflects well on the players and the university. Purdue is very fortunate to have him and I expect that he’ll be at Purdue for a very long time. In the here and now, I’m glad that I’m a Purdue fan.

Going back 50 years it doesn’t seem like a lot. Did he ever use graduate assistant coaches? It seems like Keady and Painter always have 2-4 grad assistants they bring on to mentor. I really don’t know, maybe Knight did bring his kids back into the program. I only remember his son coming back to coach and that being a big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT