ADVERTISEMENT

Man, IU fans are really quiet today.

I would much rather Purdue make the FF and compete for a NC next month,

even if it meant getting sweep by another school in the regular season.

Winning everything would be nice but March Madness success far more important.

Reactions: titaniumbolt
Glad you mentioned it.
The IU boards are red hot and super active. You should look at one that’s not the rivals free board.

The men are having a good year and getting their point guard back (finally!) in about ten days, and the women are the outright B1G champs, #1 tournament seed, and have a real chance to hang a national championship banner. Even if we lose Saturday, we will finish the basketball season 3-1 against Purdue. Of course, 4-0 would be even better.

Oh, and Bloomington is beautiful and candy striped pants make people handsome and smarter. 😁
For as good as your last post was that I commented on, this one is the opposite. Just a bad take. But you do you.

They all did. They talk so much shit. Before the beginning of the season, they were going to win it all and we were going to suck. Every year is the same. They are a comical but sad bunch.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
For as good as your last post was that I commented on, this one is the opposite. Just a bad take. But you do you.
Sorry Abu. I really do like you as a poster and a rational, funny, salty Purdue fan.

You teed that one up! But I’ll delete my response.

I’m not taking back my line about candy striped pants making people handsome and smarter though.

Last edited:
Sorry Abu. I really do like you as a poster and a rational, funny, salty Purdue fan.

I’m not taking back my line about candy striped pants making people handsome and smarter though.
Maybe

FpnuPVAXEAEANVz

But you are comparing them with the denizens living around Bloomington. I'm thinking of the banjo-playing kid in Deliverance. More handsome and smarter? The debate continues.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
They all did. They talk so much shit. Before the beginning of the season, they were going to win it all and we were going to suck. Every year is the same. They are a comical but sad bunch.
That they do...not all, but a majority of the cult. This year they did have reason to have optimism to be towards the top of the Big. When you bring back a generally competitively team, an older more seasoned team, and add two 5*s there was reason many could expect that this year, after a few decades, they were the team to beat in the BIG. The flip side is that Purdue who lost 5 (Trevion, Jaden,Sasha, Hunter and IT)out of their top 7 players was expected by many (not this poster) to be fighting the middle of the pack in the Big and so this year has been something less than desired.

That said, they are a good team and it is obvious how important the Purdue game is for IU again with pulling many players the last 3 minutes or so down 11??? as though a reminder was needed after seeing them rush the floor a month or so ago. I expect Purdue to win, but more often than not, this is a dogfight no matter what has happened before...

I had to sit next to my buddy at a sports bar in Jamaica wearing those ugly candy *ss pants. I told him to quit scaring people. They probably will think you are Jared from Subway 😵‍💫
C'mon Pop -- tell me those don't look way good! Especially if you put them on the right person like Oladipo, Hulls, or the other model below. Now your buddy may not have had the build for it:

images

m_wp_63753bd1ff04840ac4366a80.webp

Anyway -- in advance, here's to an injury-free game this weekend between two excellent teams!

Cheers.

Someone please post the full picture of Richard Simmons dancing in his candy stripes. Priceless

There we go. Simmons looks better in clown pants than most of the hillbilly indinia fans.

1. Purdue will win the IU game by double digits.
2. Purdue will win the regular season B10 championship (congratulations).
3. Some team, not IU, will win the B10 tournament (which should be abolished).
4. Purdue's freshman guards will lead to an early NCAA exit.
5. Historical and legitimate NC banners remain - IU 5 / PU 0.

Bob Knight and his Blue Blood are never coming back to the IU sideline. 5 is where it will stay.

I can remember when IU fans would make fun of us for cheering for the Purdue women's BB team when they were playing for national championships.

Another Indinia fan seeking to be relevant.

Reactions: Schnelk and Poprudy
Another loser, bragging about achievements that took place before he was born, by people he doesn’t know, at a school he didn’t go to. Sad.
Unfortunately that's what happens when threads like this get started. I know this particular chucklenut will freely give his terrible opinion on anything but please stop giving them extra reasons to comment here.

The only disagreement you have from me is on #5.
A banner proclaiming the #1 team in the Nation based on the total body of work is more legitimate than the winner of a one and done tourney.
Why does the NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball, for example, all have a multi game series to determine the best team?
The #4 prediction should be clarified. With the potential on the team I guess an early exit would be the Great 8.
I think that is very reasonable.
Now IF Edey comes back next year is a whole different scenario.

The only disagreement you have from me is on #5.
A banner proclaiming the #1 team in the Nation based on the total body of work is more legitimate than the winner of a one and done tourney.
Why does the NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball, for example, all have a multi game series to determine the best team?
The #4 prediction should be clarified. With the potential on the team I guess an early exit would be the Great 8.
I think that is very reasonable.
Now IF Edey comes back next year is a whole different scenario.
If Edey comes back next year, and with the experience gained by the "sophomore" guards, I'd think Purdue would have to be a lock for the final four and the favorite to win it all.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Purdue has 1. Don't forget it, it means as much as Notre Dame's Football championships.
Those 5 banners...maybe not as important as the helms since teams were chosen to play other chosen teams at chosen sites. No computer data to prevent some human bias in those selections. Less teams played and what about teams that might have got hot in the tourney that had maybe had less of a year than the tourney would show. We have seen a lot of those. Each banner is a flash in the pan where there is no best of series under non biased selection. Give them their due for the times in which they played, but not "modern" basketball as I read before. ;) Like comparing scoring before the shot clock and after...before the 3 ball and after...all that data was at different times and comparing before and after needs some astericks. Natural order of best program is Purdue in the Big... ;)

How many of indinia’s banners were from the tourney when there were 64 teams in the field and more than one team from each conference allowed to play? 1 or 2?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT