ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hornsby

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall Top247 quarterback Malik Hornsby will take an official visit to Purdue this weekend.

Are we trying to get 2 QBs in this class or is Alaimo wavering, Sipe transferring or Sindelar is going to give it up?

He is definitely a highly rated QB and has a very impressive offer list, including Alabama, and Rivals has us tied with Florida State for this kid right now. He is a dual threat, which is different from the pro style that we have recruited over the last few years. I just don't see how we have room for him with such a big need at OL and DL. I guess you cannot have enough QBs? We did have 9 QB on roster at one time a few years ago, but most moved to other positions or left.

I guess that you can't have enough Maliks, just like Moores. Imagine Malik passing to Malik!

I just saw on Youtube that he was named as the fastest QB in this class. He definitely would give Rondale and M Moore competition in the 100m. His video made me think of Lamar Jackson.

I just saw on Youtube that he was named as the fastest QB in this class. He definitely would give Rondale and M Moore competition in the 100m. His video made me think of Lamar Jackson.
just a guess here, I think Sipe may go, Alaimo wavering? only if Rutgers would get a home run hire.

May be a case of he’s too good not to consider & we’ll just figure something out if needbe...
Yep. I’m hoping he sees what’s going on up here and that one day he could throw for 4,000 yards a season right into a job in the NFL

Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall Top247 quarterback Malik Hornsby will take an official visit to Purdue this weekend.

Are we trying to get 2 QBs in this class or is Alaimo wavering, Sipe transferring or Sindelar is going to give it up?

He is definitely a highly rated QB and has a very impressive offer list, including Alabama, and Rivals has us tied with Florida State for this kid right now. He is a dual threat, which is different from the pro style that we have recruited over the last few years. I just don't see how we have room for him with such a big need at OL and DL. I guess you cannot have enough QBs? We did have 9 QB on roster at one time a few years ago, but most moved to other positions or left.
Um, yes please.

So here's what I think is weird. I looked at Hornsby's 247 page. It shows 8 crystal ball predictions, but 50% "undecided". Isn't that an oxymoron? What's the point of a prediction being undecided?

So here's what I think is weird. I looked at Hornsby's 247 page. It shows 8 crystal ball predictions, but 50% "undecided". Isn't that an oxymoron? What's the point of a prediction being undecided?
Means they had made a pick for a certain school and then changed it to unknown later.

That's what I figured but I guess I would think it would just come off the board.

just a guess here, I think Sipe may go, Alaimo wavering? only if Rutgers would get a home run hire.

Given that he's not currently in the top 2(3 including Sindelar) at QB Sipe transferring would seem a possibility. Have a couple connections in Alaimo's neck of the woods - doesn't sound as if he's wavering. I'd speculate that this new offer could possibly be a result of Coach Brohm having been told by a player that they might transfer and possibly that Sindelar isn't planning to take advantage of his 6th year option at Purdue. That's just my speculation though and nothing I've heard or am claiming as fact.

Given that he's not currently in the top 2(3 including Sindelar) at QB Sipe transferring would seem a possibility. Have a couple connections in Alaimo's neck of the woods - doesn't sound as if he's wavering. I'd speculate that this new offer could possibly be a result of Coach Brohm having been told by a player that they might transfer and possibly that Sindelar isn't planning to take advantage of his 6th year option at Purdue. That's just my speculation though and nothing I've heard or am claiming as fact.
I think Brohm is also changing his recruiting philosophy. I think Blough's ability to extend the play helped the offense a great deal last year and Brohm recognized that.

I think Brohm is also changing his recruiting philosophy. I think Blough's ability to extend the play helped the offense a great deal last year and Brohm recognized that.

Agree completely. This kid apparently has a really good arm, and Plummer has shown the ability to run, though not with the same speed as this newly offered kid.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I think our OL trouble could play into this too and Brohm may feel it will take another 2 years to get to where they need to be for a pure pro style passer.
Maybe, but relying on a freshman QB wont solve many problems.

I think our OL trouble could play into this too and Brohm may feel it will take another 2 years to get to where they need to be for a pure pro style passer.
I think by the time Hornsby would step in at QB, the OL issues should be a thing of the past. I think that group will take a big step this offseason, though it could still be aided by a grad transfer.

Agree completely. This kid apparently has a really good arm, and Plummer has shown the ability to run, though not with the same speed as this newly offered kid.

Just look at what Skylar Murray and Jaylen Hurts have done for Oklahoma's offense the last couple of years. When you have to cover a QB that can seriously throw and run, it opens up a whole new level of RPO possibilities.

Just look at what Skylar Murray and Jaylen Hurts have done for Oklahoma's offense the last couple of years. When you have to cover a QB that can seriously throw and run, it opens up a whole new level of RPO possibilities.
Kyler Murray.

Reactions: pboiler18
Kyler Murray.

You sure? Maybe she’s a two sport star

9609e943_360.jpg

Maybe the interest here is about gathering as many play maker/athlete types as possible and finding a way to work them in? Oregon has had pretty good success with that philosophy. More speed on offense could be another explanation see Alabama, Clemson, or OSU a couple years back. Nope, all that makes too much sense. It's probably the next Brohm innovation; the RPO RPO, Plummer executes the RPO to Malik who then has his own RPO...please TIC.

Maybe the interest here is about gathering as many play maker/athlete types as possible and finding a way to work them in? Oregon has had pretty good success with that philosophy. More speed on offense could be another explanation see Alabama, Clemson, or OSU a couple years back. Nope, all that makes too much sense. It's probably the next Brohm innovation; the RPO RPO, Plummer executes the RPO to Malik who then has his own RPO...please TIC.

What if we add in former QB Sparks...RPO RPO RPO!!!

Will be like football in the 1930s-1940s when 5-7 guys would touch the ball on a given play

Well the Patriots just traded for Sanu. I'm waiting for the lateral to Edelman, cross-field lateral back to Sanu, a hold that's not called on Brady, giving Edelman enought time to get downfield to catch a bomb from Sanu.

Because they're the Patriots. Oh and those linemen blocking downfield? We gave them the OK for this play.

After looking at Alaimo's stats from this year, the question might be are WE wavering on HIM !!

I think we know now while we are recruiting 2 QBs in this class. Who knows, maybe Sindelar does the same thing.

Source: Purdue QB Nick Sipe retiring from football
ipocxdvx7dv2ffq5nl1n

jfttoftqpa0gzvng0uee
Tom Dienhart • GoldandBlack
@TomDienhart1

Purdue quarterback Nick Sipe is retiring from football, a source close to the Boilermaker signal-caller told GoldandBlack.com. The junior has dealt with medical issues during his time in West Lafayette, leading up to this decision. Sipe will finish his degree at Purdue under an academic scholarship.

The 6-4, 215-pound Villa Park, Calif., native played sparingly during his Boilermaker tenure. He redshirted in 2017 as part of Jeff Brohm's first recruiting class. Sipe, who originally committed to Darrell Hazell, played in three games in 2018, attempting one pass and completing it for three yards. He didn't play a snap in 2019.

Purdue's quarterback situation remains robust. Fifth-year senior Elijah Sindelar is out with a broken clavicle and could return this season. He has been granted a sixth year of eligibility and may be back in 2020.

Redshirt freshman Jack Plummer, sophomore Aidan O'Connell and true freshman Paul Piferi also remain. Purdue has a commitment from four-star Michael Alaimo
and may look to boost its numbers by recruiting another quarterback.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT