ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s remember that Sindelar still has another year

youngman

Senior
May 30, 2001
If he takes it...but why wouldn’t he with all the projected talent?

If we are able to piece together an improved line...which i think we will...we have a lot of options offensively next year. Quality competition at every skill position @ QB, RB, WR and young TE’s.

The O Line should be quite a bit better , which will make everything on the offensive side better.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the qb position next season.

Not really unless you’ll find it super interesting when Plummer ends the season starting and starts next season.. starting
Have to agree. I wish Sindelar the best in his future career whatever it may be and definitely wish him a speedy recovery and a healthy future. But I’m all in on Plummer as the future for the next few years and I really hope Brohm is thinking the same. I see great potential and promise as he gets more and more confident

I've said this in another post.

Sindelar needs to finish his degree and forget football. He's had a lot of injuries and the concussion(s). He has beat himself up over the last 4 and half years. He's a smart kid with a great work ethic. If he doesn't want to leave football, he should consider a grad-assistant role with the team. He could help young QBs with the offense, how to read defenses, help with what routes are called on any given play. At this point with the injuries, I worry about his quality of life as he ages. Cactus Jack is are future and should remain that way until he leaves or gets beaten out by a younger guy.

Not really unless you’ll find it super interesting when Plummer ends the season starting and starts next season.. starting
Yes but I would welcome Sindelar back with open arms. When’s the last time 1 QB started all 12 games for us?

Yes but I would welcome Sindelar back with open arms. When’s the last time 1 QB started all 12 games for us?

I'd certainly welcome Sindelar back as well. He's been through a lot for Purdue and stuck it out through the coaching transition to now.
As I said in another thread if he chooses to return next year and compete for the job, great. If the competition is really close between he and Plummer (or anyone else) I would guess that the nod would go to the younger player who has multiple remaining years of eligibility.

The numbers game is tight. Brohm is likely thinking he will have many younger guys ready. If that’s the scholarship we could use on a RG who can come in and play you’d use it on Sindelar?

I'd certainly welcome Sindelar back as well. He's been through a lot for Purdue and stuck it out through the coaching transition to now.
As I said in another thread if he chooses to return next year and compete for the job, great. If the competition is really close between he and Plummer (or anyone else) I would guess that the nod would go to the younger player who has multiple remaining years of eligibility.
Even if he gets beat out by Plummer, Elijah knows better than anyone that the QB2 will be needed at some point.

The numbers game is tight. Brohm is likely thinking he will have many younger guys ready. If that’s the scholarship we could use on a RG who can come in and play you’d use it on Sindelar?
Are you kidding? If he wants to come back, we owe that to him. This kid turned our program around by playing on a torn ACL. We have 85 scholarships.

Are you kidding? If he wants to come back, we owe that to him. This kid turned our program around by playing on a torn ACL. We have 85 scholarships.

Lol this is one of the only fan bases that would ever go the owe route. It’s a nice guy fan base.

Wanna wager some Busch lite that he moves on

Lol this is one of the only fan bases that would ever go the owe route. It’s a nice guy fan base.

Wanna wager some Busch lite that he moves on
He probably will move on, of his own accord. He’s a brilliant kid who’s been here for 5 years. Probably ready for something else.

You really think Brohm wouldn’t value someone with Sindelars talent and experience on next years roster? Especially when we know the backup QB has played every year under him?

He probably will move on, of his own accord. He’s a brilliant kid who’s been here for 5 years. Probably ready for something else.

You really think Brohm wouldn’t value someone with Sindelars talent and experience on next years roster? Especially when we know the backup QB has played every year under him?

Would Elijah want to warm the bench when he can grad transfer?

Because if he starts you run the risk of Plummer saying “well looks like I’m sitting this year out anyway, I’ve already proven I’m a good starter, I can name my destination...”

And that’s how Plummer ends up having a great 2021 pac 12 season

Reactions: sigmaboiler
Would Elijah want to warm the bench when he can grad transfer?

Because if he starts you run the risk of Plummer saying “well looks like I’m sitting this year out anyway, I’ve already proven I’m a good starter, I can name my destination...”

And that’s how Plummer ends up having a great 2021 pac 12 season
That’s not the argument. You said you would rescind his scholarship if a guard comes along. You backtracking on that already?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT