ADVERTISEMENT

Katie Gearlds hired as Associate Head Coach of WBB team. I'm ecstatic! Bravo!

DavidBoiler

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2018
Noblesville Indiana
Wonderful decision and hire! I know that Katie has only coached at the NAIA level... But so what? I've always adored her and am a huge fan of Katie as a player and now hopefully as a very successful head basketball coach at my alma mater... It will be fun to have passion for this program again. I hope and pray that she succeeds, because I love women's basketball and I want to be proud of this program again. Congratulations Katie!!!! BoilerUp!

I know that Katie has only coached at the NAIA level... But so what?

If they were going to bring in someone to make that kind of a leap, at least this was the way to do it in my opinion. Give her a year of guidance just to learn many of the things that a Big Ten coach needs to know that a NAIA coach might not necessarily have had to deal with or think about before.

If they were going to bring in someone to make that kind of a leap, at least this was the way to do it in my opinion. Give her a year of guidance just to learn many of the things that a Big Ten coach needs to know that a NAIA coach might not necessarily have had to deal with or think about before.
Purdue leaked this by announcing on twitter the Katie coaching the USA select team news. I like the fact that she'll have ample time to recruit next season, time to turn this disaster around. Also, with transfers coming in bulk this offseason Purdue needs to hit the market hard and get a solid player or two, they'll be good one available. With the returning players I would say 2 are guaranteed starters, Madison and Traylor, Karissa if healthy probably is as well, spots are out there to be won.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT