ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Hires Kelly Komara As Associate Head Coach

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Komara was the top target. Stephanie White has a WNBA job so she wouldn’t have come back, and to me, she likely won’t come back unless it’s the HC role. Which we know isn’t going to be open anytime soon.
White failed massively as head coach of Vandy, both in wins and losses and in her whole team turning on her for the toxic atmosphere she created. I do not want her at Purdue in ANY capacity as nothing good would come from it.

Komara on the other hand is very well rounded as a coach and frankly far more experienced than CKG at this point in time, if we had to take a legacy, she is the best choice.

Komara is a great choice for both Purdue and her career as this propels her once again to an Associate Head Coach title at a P5 school a title she had at Vanderbilt but without the results. Each offseason for the last couple years I’ve come to expect her to be named a HC at a lower level program (OVC, ASun school) as she has the experience and the resume for the position. I would think if things had worked out better at Vanderbilt she would’ve already received the opportunity to lead a program. Or, maybe she has had offers but prefers to be an assistant at a major school until the “right” opportunity comes along.

I think she will be great for us and after a couple years of success would be primed to land a fairly big HC position somewhere. Let’s hope this will be opportunity she needs to get herself to the next level.

I think she will be great for us and after a couple years of success would be primed to land a fairly big HC position somewhere. Let’s hope this will be opportunity she needs to get herself to the next level.

For that to happen we need to win a couple of BT titles and at least make a FF with top 5 recruiting classes attributed largely to her. P5 coaching jobs to schools with high visibility schools usually only go to proven mid tier coaches or assistants from the elite programs, because those are the routes that usually yield the most consistent results.

For that to happen we need to win a couple of BT titles and at least make a FF with top 5 recruiting classes attributed largely to her. P5 coaching jobs to schools with high visibility schools usually only go to proven mid tier coaches or assistants from the elite programs, because those are the routes that usually yield the most consistent results.

I guess by big I would say a good mid major program (ie Belmont, etc)

White failed massively as head coach of Vandy, both in wins and losses and in her whole team turning on her for the toxic atmosphere she created. I do not want her at Purdue in ANY capacity as nothing good would come from it.

Komara on the other hand is very well rounded as a coach and frankly far more experienced than CKG at this point in time, if we had to take a legacy, she is the best choice.
I like the experience of both new coaches. I think that should blend well with our newer head coach.

Over the moon with the announcements today. Both look like they can help players grow. Dont know many who would say a bad word about Kelly and Marks connections to travel ball in Indiana really peaked my interest.
Agree. Appears he was a former HS Coach, got invested in AAU, then the college ranks. Komara is tough. She is high high energy so no doubt Ellis will bond with her. I think she will be extremely demanding of the players and have very high expectations. She has the experience to help KG with the management and accountability of the players. Good day to be a Boiler!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT