ADVERTISEMENT

Karlaftis shooting up the rankings!

On 247 they have him as 95th. But they said 12.... I’m confused
I would say that 12 is his ranking at his position, DE, nationally. I would say he will make a 5 Star when rankings are final. If we get Johnson, we would have two 5 Star players on our roster.

The main rankings you see are their composite rankings for all sites, which does shoot him up to 95 overall. The 12 they are talking about is 247s own rankings, in which they have him listed 12th overall. Karlaftis is a rounding error from being a 5 star to them, of which they only have 10 five stars listed

Nice little piece on Karlaftis. Also the article mentions another guy I was originally hoping we would get, Lance Dixon, but it would seem we are not even in the running for him. He is looking at O$U, MSU, UM, PSU, & Wisky.

"George Karlaftis DE, West Lafayette (Ind.) HS – Could this be Purdue’s biggest commit since Ryan Kerrigan? It sure looks like Karlaftis has that kind of upside. The local kid with elite athleticism was outstanding in Ohio. He also has every trait we look for in five-star level kids as a multi-sport athlete with elite verified testing numbers who is a state champion shot-putter and plays all over the field for his high school. Karlaftis will have a chance to earn a fifth star at The Opening Finals this summer and he’s been moved up to the No. 12 player in the country."

https://247sports.com/Article/Ranki...-Under-Armour-Chicago-and-Baltimore-118459732

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I thought that guard from Georgia or maybe that juco guy was Purdue's "biggest" recruit. :D

The highest recruit I remember Purdue getting off the top of my head was Selwyn Lymon from Ft. Wayne Harding. Ranked #1 in the state, #7 WR, #72 overall.

Last edited:
I know what you're saying, but the big boys have already offered.
George's Offer Sheet:
Purdue
Florida
USC
Alabama
Clemson
Michigan
IU
Louisville
Miami
MSU
ND
OSU
PSU
Iowa
SMU
Western Michigan
Central Michigan

I believe most of the offers came around the same time outside of the UM offer and the smaller schools like WMU and CMU. Also, his early commit to Purdue likely held off offers from more SEC and ACC schools that likely would have come after the season/basketball season. My guess is there will be a spike in some offers from UGA, FSU, Oklahoma, Nebraska, etc., when the camp circuit is complete. If Purdue can get past that portion (roughly the end of June), I don't think there is any shot that Karlaftis flips his commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT