ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings...has anyone on staff or Kanon himself commented on the status of his commitment?

Like who?
Our most recent guards not named Ivey didn't make huge improvements:
Sasha, Hunter, Morton, Newman, etc.
Sasha and Hunter both made pretty big gains from their freshmen to sophomore years but neither made a lot of gains, at least statistically, after that. Mathias really broke out his junior year but I think he had some injury issues (or maybe mono) as a sophomore.

Morton and Newman are mysteries to me, but neither seem like good comps for Loyer.

Fingers crossed, agree that there are no guarantees.

Like who?

Hunter and Sasha combined for about 5ppg as freshman, then combined for almost 20 as sophomores.

There have been 3 guards who averaged double figures, as freshman, with Matt Painter as coach. Etwuan, Carsen, and Jaden. All 3 of them were All-Americans.

Do you enjoy being this wrong about everything?

Fletch averaged more ppg than Carsen, Braden was close at 9.7 ppg. We gonna have a good season from these guards next year. Etwaun was at 12+ ppg as a FR and Hummel at 11.4. Jajuan Johnson only 6 ppg. We gonna have a good year y’all are a bunch of goofballs if you don’t wanna look at the past to see the future.

Like who?
I had trouble understanding why you are so off in your posts, until I realize that you freely create "facts" to support your odd-ball theories about the game of basketball. Makes sense now.

EYBL is now in Phoenix and Indy Heat lost all of their games. Kanon was held scoreless in one of the games. Not sure what’s going on with Indy Heat this year but they stink. Only have 1 win.

I just got a little scoop from what had happened. I guess, he was ready to make a jump to play a year earlier and was reached out from someone affiliated with IU. I guess that person had to let him know that he wasn't ready and that's where his family got involved.

I'm not sure what's going on, but both(AAU & Trainer for him) told me he's been a totally different kid from last year and has become more of a "head case". I hope this isn't something we need to worry about in the future, but maybe need to be prepared.

Last edited:
I just got a little scoop from what had happened. I guess, he was ready to make a jump to play a year earlier and was reached out from someone affiliated with IU. I guess that person had to let him know that he wasn't ready and that's where his family got involved.

I'm not sure what's going on, but both(AAU & Trainer for him) told me he's been a totally different kid from last year and has become more of a "head case". I hope this isn't something we need to worry about in the future, but maybe need to prepared.
Thanks for the update. Was figuring someone put a bug in his ear and that made him think about other "options".

He is an amazing talent and has shown he can take a step to becoming elite. Hopefully what happened against Ben Davis and his AAU season shows why he isn't exactly ready to move up a year and come to college.

Another year of building muscle and sharpening his skills will do him a world of wonders.

Reactions: Schnelk and Poprudy

I'm not sure what's going on, but both(AAU & Trainer for him) told me he's been a totally different kid from last year and has become more of a "head case". I hope this isn't something we need to worry about in the future, but maybe need to be prepared.
Folks should give the kid a break. I was a head case at 16 just from hormones, let alone having to deal with going from relative anonymity to a five star ranking virtually overnight.

Good kid, great family, he'll be fine.

Folks should give the kid a break. I was a head case at 16 just from hormones, let alone having to deal with going from relative anonymity to a five star ranking virtually overnight.

Good kid, great family, he'll be fine.
Oh, I don't disagree. I was just forwarding the information from both his AAU coach and one of his trainers. Before this year both raved how humble he is. They both were shocked the way he completely turned in a short period of time and wondered if it was his ranking.

Oh, I don't disagree. I was just forwarding the information from both his AAU coach and one of his trainers. Before this year both raved how humble he is. They both were shocked the way he completely turned in a short period of time and wondered if it was his ranking.
Did his coach share any insight on their AAU team is struggling this year?

Reactions: Schnelk
He mentioned it but didn't go into detail. He did say his 15 year old PG is the best in the country. Marcus Johnson out of Ohio? Maybe Columbus area.

Garfield Heights - in the SE suburbs of Metro Cleveland area. His father, Sonny, played @ Cleveland State.

The "murky" modifier.......guilty as charged.....haha.
Kids exposed to a world they're not ready for grow through phases. Tell me ...

A solid family, coaching and common-sense core they can draw on when things get too weird helps helps many. -At least those you want to grow in your program.

Kids exposed to a world they're not ready for grow through phases. Tell me ...

A solid family, coaching and common-sense core they can draw on when things get too weird helps helps many. -At least those you want to grow in your program.
And this is exactly why clown pant wearing fools should never bash a kids family decision.

Does this mean he won’t be eligible to play in college, or is this similar to a prep school move? I thought I’d heard in the past that OTE offers both options, but I could be thinking of something else.
He is still eligible to play in college. Granted, I don’t know any kid who did OTE and went to college. This is a springboard for the pros.

I highly doubt he comes to Purdue unless he is awful at OTE.

Reactions: pboiler18
OTE is hardly any different than going to Montverde or IMG - the only difference is he can make some $$.

The chance he stays in OTE and doesn't come to Purdue is certainly there, but I think it is small

He is still eligible to play in college. Granted, I don’t know any kid who did OTE and went to college. This is a springboard for the pros.

I highly doubt he comes to Purdue unless he is awful at OTE.
This has been discussed elsewhere previously. I don't remember the names but there are a number of kids who have gone to OTE and then on to college. I think he still comes to Purdue unless he blows up at OTE and becomes a lotter pick. My understanding is that that's pretty unlikely given his age and physical maturity, but it's certainly possible.

This has been discussed elsewhere previously. I don't remember the names but there are a number of kids who have gone to OTE and then on to college. I think he still comes to Purdue unless he blows up at OTE and becomes a lotter pick. My understanding is that that's pretty unlikely given his age and physical maturity, but it's certainly possible.
Will he be eligible for the 2024 draft ?

Thompson twins - example of going pro.

Dravyn Gibbs - example of college.

I hope I am wrong and he uses OTE to get bigger and stronger. Hope whatever Zach’s NIL package helps keep Kanon committed.

ADVERTISEMENT