ADVERTISEMENT

Just becuz - Prediction

Painter will be here as long as he likes if he keep consistently winning and putting Purdue in the position to win league titles, league tourney titles and gets us into the tourney.
I am presuming from your posts that you will want a coach that has Purdue playing in the final four ever year and being at the top of the league each year. The truth however is that there aren’t but a few coaches in the entire history of college basketball that have been able to maintain anything near that level and I hate to be the first to tell you but, Shaka Smart ain’t one of them.

Things could be a lost worse than what we Purdue fans have experienced. Stop being such a puzzy.
Final Four every year? No, that's not realistic. But I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a FF run every 3-4 years. Hell, we haven't been there in 39 years! Aren't we due!
I'm too lazy to look it up, but how many other P5 coaches have been at their school for over 14 years an haven't gotten past the S16?

Final Four every year? No, that's not realistic. But I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a FF run every 3-4 years. Hell, we haven't been there in 39 years! Aren't we due!
I'm too lazy to look it up, but how many other P5 coaches have been at their school for over 14 years an haven't gotten past the S16?
Thanks for hijacking my thread for your personal vendetta. I asked you to leave three days ago ... asshole.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
Once again, what you ask, not Shaka Smart.

Thanks for hijacking my thread for your personal vendetta. I asked you to leave three days ago ... asshole.

"Your" thread? Sorry, didn't know you owned it. Next time you start a thread, please list the names of posters allowed to participate in it so I'm not committing a thread faux pas.

Wow, so you're willing to accept 50 years without a Final Four for Purdue, as long as there's never a scandal?
10 more years of good, but never great.
I would love to see Purdue make it to the Final Four, and even more to win a NC. But I would never fire Painter simply because some believe he will never make it there. I get complete satisfaction out of watching the players/teams he puts on the floor, no matter how far they go in the tournament.
If we brought in another coach, and there was a scandal because he was trying THAT hard to get "the players that must be compensated" to go further in the tournament, I would disown my alma mater sports team (unlike the Louisville & MSU clowns that either deny it ever happened or claim that "everybody does it"); and that would sadden me greatly.
So, yeah... I would accept 50 years of no Final Fours, as long as there is never a scandal, AND we put competitive and fun-to-watch teams on the floor.

I would love to see Purdue make it to the Final Four, and even more to win a NC. But I would never fire Painter simply because some believe he will never make it there. I get complete satisfaction out of watching the players/teams he puts on the floor, no matter how far they go in the tournament.
If we brought in another coach, and there was a scandal because he was trying THAT hard to get "the players that must be compensated" to go further in the tournament, I would disown my alma mater sports team (unlike the Louisville & MSU clowns that either deny it ever happened or claim that "everybody does it"); and that would sadden me greatly.
So, yeah... I would accept 50 years of no Final Fours, as long as there is never a scandal, AND we put competitive and fun-to-watch teams on the floor.

Serious question: How long have you been a Purdue fan? Do you remember the scandals in the mid-90s with Keady? There was more that 1.
There was also a lot of controversy surrounding Biggie's commitment a few years ago. From a Purdue's fans perspective, it was created by MSU. But that's the point: scandals often depend on your perspective.

Serious question: How long have you been a Purdue fan? Do you remember the scandals in the mid-90s with Keady? There was more that 1.
There was also a lot of controversy surrounding Biggie's commitment a few years ago. From a Purdue's fans perspective, it was created by MSU. But that's the point: scandals often depend on your perspective.
Graduated in 1986, but didn't follow the basketball or football teams closely until the Big Ten network started up, as there was very little news and very few games to follow with my location. But my understanding is that there were only a couple of things that could be considered "scandals" under Keady, and that was Frank giving a ride to a player who was walking in the rain, and a player's mom getting a ride from somebody from another Big Ten school (or something like that) - those aren't scandals, in my book. While they are rule violations under the letter of the law, they were incredibly minor, and we were penalized for them.
The crap from MSU fan's regarding Biggie was nothing more than a bunch of butt-hurt morons, grasping at straws, and incredulous that they lost a recruit to (gasp) Purdue!

But I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a FF run every 3-4 years.
For us that isn't even close to being realistic. It doesn't matter who is coaching here barring Coach K, Izzo, etc... we aren't going to a FF every 3-4 years.

I knew you were emotional, but now you're just not being realistic. It's fine to want those things because we all do, but there is a true reality in this in that is not who Purdue is nor ever will be, no matter who is coaching.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Graduated in 1986, but didn't follow the basketball or football teams closely until the Big Ten network started up, as there was very little news and very few games to follow with my location. But my understanding is that there were only a couple of things that could be considered "scandals" under Keady, and that was Frank giving a ride to a player who was walking in the rain, and a player's mom getting a ride from somebody from another Big Ten school (or something like that) - those aren't scandals, in my book. While they are rule violations under the letter of the law, they were incredibly minor, and we were penalized for them.
The crap from MSU fan's regarding Biggie was nothing more than a bunch of butt-hurt morons, grasping at straws, and incredulous that they lost a recruit to (gasp) Purdue!

I don't disagree with any of this, but there was definitely a lot of smoke surrounding the Luther Clay situation.
Totally agree on Biggie, but that was my point: How scandalous or severe an actual or perceived violation is, is a matter of perspective and grey area.
Similar to the Romeo situation at iu with his dad getting some funds from Addidas, etc .Obviously as PU fans, we're going to make a mountain out of a mole hill, but iu fans will say "Hey, nothing was illegal".

For us that isn't even close to being realistic. It doesn't matter who is coaching here barring Coach K, Izzo, etc... we aren't going to a FF every 3-4 years.

I knew you were emotional, but now you're just not being realistic. It's fine to want those things because we all do, but there is a true reality in this in that is not who Purdue is nor ever will be, no matter who is coaching.

How many Clemson fans 10 years ago would have believed they'd win 2 NCs and play for another? Few, if any.
How many Wis fans 20 years ago would have believed that WI would be considered a B10 football power? None. WI was doormat program.

Why can't Purdue be like MSU or OSU or UM? What is it about Purdue (other than your defeatist attitude and Painter) that makes us unable to reach (or at least be in position) a FF every 3-4 years like those schools?
Your lack of expectations and settling for mediocrity is depressing.

How many Clemson fans 10 years ago would have believed they'd win 2 NCs and play for another? Few, if any.
How many Wis fans 20 years ago would have believed that WI would be considered a B10 football power? None. WI was doormat program.

Why can't Purdue be like MSU or OSU or UM? What is it about Purdue (other than your defeatist attitude and Painter) that makes us unable to reach (or at least be in position) a FF every 3-4 years like those schools?
Your lack of expectations and settling for mediocrity is depressing.
So clearly you missed the part where I said we all want to make a Final Four. I know reading can be difficult, but in no shape or form did I say I don't have high expectations. As far as "settling" goes that without a doubt has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I see on here. How can anyone be "settling" when we have zero control over the basketball program? So because I am not throwing some emotional tantrum on here like you I am "settling" or a "defeatist"? You really do need a dose of reality.

I think I do finally have you pegged though. You think everything is in a vacuum and is the same across every school out there ever. Reality check, it isn't. You discount getting to a S16 but fail to realize that makes us one of the top 16 programs in the land on a pretty frequent basis.

It's also safe to say you do not handle adversity well at all. Everyone knew we were going to not win 30 games like last year this season because we are a young team. You also can't handle anyone being positive about this team and immediately go to hate and personal attacks like you did in D day's thread.

You and Boiledsteel have some serious issues going on. You have entirely too many emotions wrapped up in this forum and what people think of you and the basketball team to which none of us have any control over.

Reactions: tjreese and mathboy
I don't disagree with any of this, but there was definitely a lot of smoke surrounding the Luther Clay situation.
Totally agree on Biggie, but that was my point: How scandalous or severe an actual or perceived violation is, is a matter of perspective and grey area.
Similar to the Romeo situation at iu with his dad getting some funds from Addidas, etc .Obviously as PU fans, we're going to make a mountain out of a mole hill, but iu fans will say "Hey, nothing was illegal".
I think you use smoke & generalities to attempt to sell your ideas. The problem is those pesky details get in the way. Maybe you should dig a bit deeper into the Luther Clay issue and understand what really happened before you slobber all over the Romeo shoe money deal and lump it into the problems Kendrick had with giving a kid a ride in a rain storm. Also look at the internal politics of the NCAA investigative team at the time.

"Your" thread? Sorry, didn't know you owned it. Next time you start a thread, please list the names of posters allowed to participate in it so I'm not committing a thread faux pas.
dumb ass --- any thread that someone starts is "their' thread ... even middle school assholes know that

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
Where was the smoke? Bill Powers was pretty open and clear ... or do you just like to create smoke where there isn't any

I think you use smoke & generalities to attempt to sell your ideas. The problem is those pesky details get in the way. Maybe you should dig a bit deeper into the Luther Clay issue and understand what really happened before you slobber all over the Romeo shoe money deal and lump it into the problems Kendrick had with giving a kid a ride in a rain storm. Also look at the internal politics of the NCAA investigative team at the time.
DAMNIT .. I want that LOVE button

I started this thread as a fun and enjoy thread. ... it was all about two players becoming great in the near future. YOU turned it into a hate painter thread. as your toxicity turns every ****ing thread here into that. **** you asshole

I started this thread as a fun and enjoy thread. ... it was all about two players becoming great in the near future. YOU turned it into a hate painter thread. as your toxicity turns every ****ing thread here into that. **** you asshole
So back to happy thoughts, I think Tre has a big game tonight. I don't know why, but I just have that feeling. Boiler up!

There were no scandals.

So back to happy thoughts, I think Tre has a big game tonight. I don't know why, but I just have that feeling. Boiler up!
Could be because he is from Michigan and MSU recruited him. Hope you are right...Purdue needs him.

I guess I win?

I’m not sure what your point is? That Kendrick didn’t violate a rule or that Romeo didn’t get paid?

You’re being a little too literal in the definition of perennial. How about “0ccasional”? How about we have a good shot for a FF every few years?
But here’s a question for you: do you think Painter gets P to a FF or a NC?
Do you think it happens this year? Next year?
What’s Painter shown you in his recruiting to prove he can get the players that can make a FF run?
What’s Painter shown you in his tourney coaching that makes you think he can get past the S16?
Do you think Painter is the best possible coach P can get?
Hummel, Moore and Johnson- a team that was legit FF contender. Last year’s group of Seniors - legit FF contender. Not saying it would have happened but there are two instances, maybe three where the team was FF caliber. I believe he will get it done. I believe he won’t embarrass my school. I know I enjoy watching a Purdue team come together and I know I look forward to the games. All I need. The satisfaction from a natty would be fleeting and in the end analysis I would have contributed nearly zero to that outcome. The satisfaction of not having Purdue’s integrity questioned over something as meaningless as a game is worth something to me. The value of my Purdue degree is unaffected by the basketball team’s success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT