ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Kill retires

What a class act. Old school coach who did things the right way. He will be missed. Good luck Coach Kill.

I am sorry to see this. I have always had a great deal of respect for him and the way that he did things. It is sad that this illness has forced him out. Let's wish him the best as he moves on.

No need to make statements without actually knowing whassup.
Um, pretty sure that someone does that like once every nanosecond on a message board somewhere.

And also, Claeys was named INTERIM head coach, not to the permanent head coach position, which Pa Boiler was obviously referring to.

Um, pretty sure that someone does that like once every nanosecond on a message board somewhere.

And also, Claeys was named INTERIM head coach, not to the permanent head coach position, which Pa Boiler was obviously referring to.

Do you also know Claeys has run the team before and done a great job? Did you know that he's loved just as much as Kill there? Did you know that he's also been an assistant under Kill for 15+ years?

So why would you hire Carey when he's NOT a Kill guy and Claeys is?

Do you also know Claeys has run the team before and done a great job? Did you know that he's loved just as much as Kill there? Did you know that he's also been an assistant under Kill for 15+ years?

So why would you hire Carey when he's NOT a Kill guy and Claeys is?
For the same reason that loyal assistants get passed over in favor of successful head coaches on a regular basis.

And guess what school Jerry Kill came from???

For the same reason that loyal assistants get passed over in favor of successful head coaches on a regular basis.

And guess what school Jerry Kill came from???
And that's where the link to Carey stops.

No doubt they could go in a different direction.

If you want to keep going in the same direction though, why not hire the next branch down on the coaching tree instead of going 2 down and 1 over?

Class act that Kill guy. He cared about his players, and had the integrity to walk away from a paycheck rather than showing up and pretending to do something every week. Hmnn, showing up every week with nothing getting done... that reminds me of something very familiar.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
If you watched any clips of his retirement announcement it was truly gutwrenching especially as my own retirement approaches and the questions all swirl around. I'm old enough and ready. He is rightfully heartbroken and scared about what the future holds. Had his lifelong dream ripped from him by something he had absolutely no control over.

the coach at NIU would be a great fit for them.

I really hope not. Would hate to see an ex-Bill Mallory guy beating up on IU. I've touted his name for Wilson's replacement..... Which could be a possibility that change is coming considering IU is staring down the barrel of 0-8 in conference games this year.

I really hope not. Would hate to see an ex-Bill Mallory guy beating up on IU. I've touted his name for Wilson's replacement..... Which could be a possibility that change is coming considering IU is staring down the barrel of 0-8 in conference games this year.
Not to worry. You've got a win coming in the Bucket game.

thanks New Pal, I just like to speculate on coaching changes and throw out names who would fit a certain program, just like I'd love to see Toledo's Campbell be our next coach if and when we do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT