ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Butler offer

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
I don't know how much interest CMP has generated in Butler....but he offered. Any video out there?

Maybe he is tired of waiting on Llewellyn??

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I don't know how much interest CMP has generated in Butler....but he offered. Any video out there?

Maybe he is tired of waiting on Llewellyn??
There's easy to find video out there. I liked what I saw. He's a solid looking kid with a nice looking shot. From what I've been able to tell, he seems like the kind of guard that Painter likes: in control, skilled, and unselfish. He looks like he is a good, though not spectacular, athlete.

I appreciate when an out of state player takes the time to look up or remember stuff about Purdue. He mentions "Purdue University" and "Boiler Up" in his tweet, rather than The University of Purdue.

One of the IU recruits yesterday (from the state of Indiana) that jumped on board mentioned "The University of Indiana"... so either it was a brain fart or he wasn't that big of a fan all his life.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
One of the IU recruits yesterday (from the state of Indiana) that jumped on board mentioned "The University of Indiana"... so either it was a brain fart or he wasn't that big of a fan all his life.
Said recruit also referenced Michigan University when they offered him as well.

Just curious. Other than my son, is there any other basketball recruit that has a video that makes him look bad? Aren't videos supposed to be a highlight reel of their great accomplishments, rather than displaying all their mistakes? I can't see how people can look at some 2 minute video and say how great a player is. My son's video worked wonders for the recruitment of Cliff Alexander, and also helped boost his ego into thinking he was a one and done player.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Three summer offers now. Florida big man Colin Castleton could be offered too....as Purdue has been checking him out over the summer. Is Conditt offer coming soon? Illinois is pushing for him. Highlights look pretty good with a RS year to build muscle he will be B1G ready...

Conditt highlights...
http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/793911?referrer_id=1203619

Castleton highlights.....
He certainly passes my eye test.....nice game for his size....like his ability to protect the rim.

Just curious. Other than my son, is there any other basketball recruit that has a video that makes him look bad? Aren't videos supposed to be a highlight reel of their great accomplishments, rather than displaying all their mistakes? I can't see how people can look at some 2 minute video and say how great a player is. My son's video worked wonders for the recruitment of Cliff Alexander, and also helped boost his ego into thinking he was a one and done player.
That's fair, but you can see things. For example, the highlights showed that a player that Purdue was recruiting until recently has a very low release that needs quite a bit of work.

I can't say that Butler will be a star, but what I have seen and read about him makes me think that he's most likely a good system guy for Purdue. I reserve the right to completely change my opinion as I see and learn more about him.

With DA is gone.....Maybe guards become the focus for 2018 & two of: Embery, Hunter, Butler and Llewellyn & oh yea...Phinessee and Langford too....end up in the 18 class. To be paired with two bigs TW & ?.

Last edited:
If one analyzes the TOTALLY INCREDIBLE highlight tapes with fundamentals in mind, then some uncoachable or hard to change habits can be seen. I don't care if the ball goes in, it always does. Does he have a quick release, a high release. Does he use his weak hand, does he react to the game or ADMIRE HIS LATEST BASKET, does he anticpate the driver down the lane, or depend on his athleticism to block a shot ... other things. but you get the idea.

There is so much that a great player can do against HS players ... that just won't fly against B1G starters. There are fundamental things that will help him contribute sooner rather than later.

I would really like to see CMP go after Tim Finke from Champaign. An athletic 6'6 shooting guard who would pair great with Carsen and Eastern for two years and then another great PG for another two after that.

Doesn't show an active Purdue offer right now and crystal ball shows Illinois or Vandy. Hopefully Purdue could slide in with an offer and some high interest to get him to West Lafayette.

Video comments: Finke shows great height on his jumper and good court vision, even in a crowded lane. Although his athletic ability won't jump out at you like an Aaron Wheeler, he shows good enough movement to guard the 2 and 3 (potentially the 4 with added muscle). He appears to be in the mold of a Dakota Mathias with more athletic ability and for that I would liken him more to Keaton Grant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT