ADVERTISEMENT

Jacobsen to compete for spot on U18 USA National team

Maybe rankings are based on more than just 1 week of play?
Is the objective to 'reward' players for a body of work or to accurately represent who the best players are now?

If DJ had played against similar level players recently and not performed well I'd agree that you'd want to temper the reaction to his performance at USA Basketball, but I don't believe that's the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnelk
He never reclassified.
From J&C, is this inaccurate?
Daniel Jacobsen, a 7-foot-2 center from national powerhouse prep program Brewster Academy, verbally committed to the Boilermakers.

Jacobsen had reportedly been considering between Purdue and Wisconsin.

He was originally a 2025 recruit, but reclassified to 2024.

Moving up 100 spots is just like moving down 15?
Was responding to this…
I actually don't understand how he can be ranked as low as 86th given the rankings of the players he's outplayed in that training camp. Understand that he reclassed and that he hasn't had a ton of exposure, but he's outplaying a bunch of top 30 players.
Don’t take everything so seriously, Gemini!

From J&C, is this inaccurate?
Daniel Jacobsen, a 7-foot-2 center from national powerhouse prep program Brewster Academy, verbally committed to the Boilermakers.

Jacobsen had reportedly been considering between Purdue and Wisconsin.

He was originally a 2025 recruit, but reclassified to 2024.
That’s inaccurate, yes. He considered reclassifying to 2025 but decided to stay 24 as I’ve said and written in a few articles/depot because I know that’s been out there.

That’s inaccurate, yes. He considered reclassifying to 2025 but decided to stay 24 as I’ve said and written in a few articles/depot because I know that’s been out there.
So he was originally a 2024, considered reclassing out to a 2025 when he went to Brewster and ultimately decided to remain a 2024?

Where does Jacobsen rank on rivals...I do not see his name in the 2024 nor do I see him in 2025 rankings when he considered re-classifying?

Last edited:
Is Jacobsen comparable to Kalkbrenner at Creighton...both can shoot the 3-ball and are good rim protectors? I am excited to have Jacobsen aboard this Train!

Man I’m confused how old he is then. This tweet

And quote from Jacobsen:

Jacobsen, who grew up just outside of Madison in Mt. Horeb, recently reclassified to the 2024 recruiting class.

"I just decided that I didn’t need two more years of high school and that it would better to go to college next year," Jacobsen told BadgerBlitz.com when asked about the move.

Just makes this more confusing 😂

And quote from Jacobsen:

Jacobsen, who grew up just outside of Madison in Mt. Horeb, recently reclassified to the 2024 recruiting class.

"I just decided that I didn’t need two more years of high school and that it would better to go to college next year," Jacobsen told BadgerBlitz.com when asked about the move.

Did not realize CMP stole him from Wisconsin, his home state. Outstanding.

CMP = America's Big Man Coach

And quote from Jacobsen:

I always thought he reclassified up a class too?

Reactions: Monk1014
I always thought he reclassified up a class too?
Confused Power Rangers GIF

This is a recent Purdue Sports Basketballs post, and it again states he reclassified… definitely confusing information out there.

From yahoo sports
Jacobsen was supposed to be a part of the Class of 2025, but has reclassified and will join Purdue next season, according to reports. Wisconsinwas reportedly his other finalist. But he had a slew of scholarship offers, including from other schools in the Big Ten such as Minnesota and Illinois.

Last edited:
This is a recent Purdue Sports Basketballs post, and it again states he reclassified… definitely confusing information out there.

From yahoo sports
Jacobsen was supposed to be a part of the Class of 2025, but has reclassified and will join Purdue next season, according to reports. Wisconsinwas reportedly his other finalist. But he had a slew of scholarship offers, including from other schools in the Big Ten such as Minnesota and Illinois.
I don't get it either. My information is coming from his dad directly.

Did not realize CMP stole him from Wisconsin, his home state. Outstanding.

CMP = America's Big Man Coach
Most reports also have him from Chicago. I was wondering where he played before going to Brewster. Maybe he was just born in Chicago.

Most reports also have him from Chicago. I was wondering where he played before going to Brewster. Maybe he was just born in Chicago.

Here is what is reported....
**He spent ten of his 18 years in Wisconsin.
**A J&C article has him from La Cueva New Mexico HS before attending Brewster.
**247 has him from Greenville, SC.
**Not sure where the Chicago report comes from, but yes, I have seen that several times too.

He seems to be from everywhere USA. Maybe computer AI has made him up, and he really doesn't exist, and that's how CMP will get to 13? Lol

If reports are true that he is has been one of the best players on his 18U team where he has been playing great D, that bodes well for lots of minutes next year for him........that is, if he really does exist. Lol

Last edited:
Is there a live stream?
It started an hour earlier than I thought it was supposed to. Here’s the link:

DJ had two blocks so far in the third q. He also altered two other shots and forced a turnover. He was guarding his man out by the 3 line and also was trying to block 3 pt shots on transition…a lot different than what we were used to with Zach…however, he did get pulled down to the ground on offense by Argentina, and didn’t get the call. Couldnt tell what happened since broadcast is in Spanish.

Watching second half on youtube. He got at least 2 blocks but then got hit with a bad offensive foul call. USA not exactly running away with it so I would think he comes back in.
Some of those calls were 🤨

He moves well. Will need to learn when to go for the block and not go for fakes. Argentina has no answer for him and are scared to drive when he’s down there. I think he’s got the potential to be very good…he will do a lot of learning this year and will be good. But his soph year (yes already speculating 😂), he’s going to be a PROBLEM for other teams.

I can't help but think of Haarms in the way they move, the frame, and the floppy blond hair, etc...

I think DJ has potential to be much better obviously, but a similar role as instant impact rim protector off the bench like Matt's first season seems like a lock.....and something this team really needed with Zach moving on.

I can't help but think of Haarms in the way they move, the frame, and the floppy blond hair, etc...

I think DJ has potential to be much better obviously, but a similar role as instant impact rim protector off the bench like Matt's first season seems like a lock.....and something this team really needed with Zach moving on.

Watched a little, saw clips of the blocks. Looked good. He is long and narrow like Harms.

Also looked like he can't get to campus soon enough, especially on strength, team & perimeter D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT