ADVERTISEMENT

IU is 4-0 for the first time in the school's history and has a first-year head coach.

Apr 10, 2018
We need to take a hard look at what Curt Cignetti has done: coaching style, portal, recruiting, everything. He is said to be a perfectionist and a nitpicker. In last week's game vs UCLA, an IU db got an interception and had a little celebration on the field. Cignetti gave him a public arse-chewing when he got to the sideline.

We need to take a hard look at what Curt Cignetti has done: coaching style, portal, recruiting, everything. He is said to be a perfectionist and a nitpicker. In last week's game vs UCLA, an IU db got an interception and had a little celebration on the field. Cignetti gave him a public arse-chewing when he got to the sideline.
First time in school history?

I.U.'s coach is Not a first-year coach, and he has been very successful everywhere he has been.

UCLA is the only decent team they've beat. UNC Charlotte is a below average Sun Belt team, and the others are also not great. I'll be curious to see how IU does against real Big 10 competition. I'm not necessarily knocking Cignetti, but let's give things a little more time.

UCLA is the only decent team they've beat. UNC Charlotte is a below average Sun Belt team, and the others are also not great. I'll be curious to see how IU does against real Big 10 competition. I'm not necessarily knocking Cignetti, but let's give things a little more time.
UCLA's only win is beating Haiwi by 3 points, they aren't decent.

And during the next weeks press conference, coach Cignetti made the comment that players on championship team don't celebrate a play like that.
I.U.'s coach is Not a first-year coach, and he has been very successful everywhere he has been.
First year at IU.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Stark difference between Cignetti and CRW.
As a Purdue fan, it is depressing to see the bill of goods that we purchased with the hiring of CRW.

Shows the value of not scheduling ND or even arguably Oregon State in the preseason. IU was more or less already on our level last season. We shall see what happens with them going forward but we've been here before with IU winning easy games and not doing much else with it, getting to a minor bowl game and then falling apart again.

They struggle with the same issues we do, being in a non football state surrounded by historic football programs.

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE
So ask yourself, would you rather be 4-0 against a bunch of cream puffs ? Or play Purdue’s schedule?

The answer is easy. Look at the posts by boilermaker fans verses the posts made IU fans!

IU fans don’t care who they beat. They are 4-0. And on top of the world. Purdue has looked good but lost. And Purdue fans are very upset. And want to fire their coach.

I’ve said it all along! People like winning! Period. They don’t care who the team plays or what the score is. People like a winner!

Just ask Iowa fans what they want . Ask IU fans ! Ask Penn st fans. People want a winner!

There’s only one fan who cares about the schedule and I’ll bet that one fan is not happy at the moment and will follow up this post with a very defensive post. It’s clear what my point is! People don’t care how many fcs teams Purdue plays! Most fans don’t even know what an fcs team is or how bowl game assignments are made. When Purdue wins, people go home happy!

I remember in the 70’s, Purdue upset Michigan 14-13. I don’t remember anything about the plays or the plays of that game. I just remember we won. I also recall playing Notre dame and we were winning until Notre dame’s third string QB replaced their injured starter. And led nd to victory. I don’t recall the score. I just recall we lost

We played in a bowl game against auburn I doubt anybody remembers the score or the name of the bowl game. What we remember is that we lost. Just like the loss to Georgia in the Outback bowl. In that game we were ahead by a lot of points at halftime. But what we remember most, is we lost.

5 years from now, nobody will remember our schedule or what our record was. What people will remember is if we won. Or lost.

So post away about the technical requirements of what is needed to be selected to a bowl game. People don’t care! All they really care about is if we won or lost.

So ask yourself, would you rather be 4-0 against a bunch of cream puffs ? Or play Purdue’s schedule?

The answer is easy.

The answer is easy. I'd rather see us play the schedule we played....well, except Indiana State. There should be zero FCS competition.

Shows the value of not scheduling ND or even arguably Oregon State in the preseason. IU was more or less already on our level last season. We shall see what happens with them going forward but we've been here before with IU winning easy games and not doing much else with it, getting to a minor bowl game and then falling apart again.

They struggle with the same issues we do, being in a non football state surrounded by historic football programs.
Want to bet on which team has the better Big Ten record? or who wins the Bucket?

Last edited:
They don’t care who the team plays or what the score is. People like a winner!

Just ask Iowa fans what they want . Ask IU fans ! Ask Penn st fans. People want a winner!

There’s only one fan who cares about the schedule and I’ll bet that one fan is not happy at the moment and will follow up this post with a very defensive post. It’s clear what my point is! People don’t care how many fcs teams Purdue plays! Most fans don’t even know what an fcs team is or how bowl game assignments are made. When Purdue wins, people go home happy!

I remember in the 70’s, Purdue upset Michigan 14-13. I don’t remember anything about the plays or the plays of that game. I just remember we won. I also recall playing Notre dame and we were winning until Notre dame’s third string QB replaced their injured starter. And led nd to victory. I don’t recall the score. I just recall we lost

We played in a bowl game against auburn I doubt anybody remembers the score or the name of the bowl game. What we remember is that we lost. Just like the loss to Georgia in the Outback bowl. In that game we were ahead by a lot of points at halftime. But what we remember most, is we lost.

5 years from now, nobody will remember our schedule or what our record was. What people will remember is if we won. Or lost.

So post away about the technical requirements of what is needed to be selected to a bowl game. People don’t care! All they really care about is if we won or lost.
So at the end of the basketball season, we should go play in the NIT instead of the NCAA tournament because we we improve our chances of winning? That's all people care about.....according to you. How many do you think you get to agree with you on that?

There are tons of people who want to compete for something worthwhile. Not the least of which are many of the players, all of them if we're recruiting the right guys.

Tiller used to talk about the importance of playing Notre Dame in his recruiting. He disagreed with your premise too. You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is. Most fans want to win, but want to be good enough to win games of significance. You get there by demonstrating competence, not by scheduling greater incompetence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riveting
Want to bet on which team has the better Big Ten record? or who wins the Bucket?
How does anything I said have anything to do with whether they will have a better record this year or win the bucket?

They won the bucket and had a better season when Brohm was here too. They are just like us, a mediocre program that sometimes pops their head above water.

The main difference is we've come up for air more often than they have.

So at the end of the basketball season, we should go play in the NIT instead of the NCAA tournament because we we improve our chances of winning? That's all people care about.....according to you. How many do you think you get to agree with you on that?

There are tons of people who want to compete for something worthwhile. Not the least of which are many of the players, all of them if we're recruiting the right guys.

Tiller used to talk about the importance of playing Notre Dame in his recruiting. He disagreed with your premise too. You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is. Most fans want to win, but want to be good enough to win games of significance. You get there by demonstrating competence, not by scheduling greater incompetence.
No you get there by amassing talent. You don't do that by scheduling tough teams and losing badly. Particularly with a new coach and a depleted roster with an admin that won't spend on coaches or players in the age of NIL.

You build up winning seasons which drives interest and gets you better players, more money, more enthusiasm. Last time I checked Tiller didn't have to deal with NIL and his success diminished in proportion to his unique system getting figured out. So just because Tiller said something doesn't make it wisdom from on high.

How does anything I said have anything to do with whether they will have a better record this year or win the bucket?

They won the bucket and had a better season when Brohm was here too. They are just like us, a mediocre program that sometimes pops their head above water.

The main difference is we've come up for air more often than they have.
You seemed to suggest that IU's schedule is a root cause in them being 4-0 rather than the alternative that they actually went out and improved. Just curious as to if you believe that or not. Question answered.

No you get there by amassing talent. You don't do that by scheduling tough teams and losing badly. Particularly with a new coach and a depleted roster with an admin that won't spend on coaches or players in the age of NIL.

You build up winning seasons which drives interest and gets you better players, more money, more enthusiasm. Last time I checked Tiller didn't have to deal with NIL and his success diminished in proportion to his unique system getting figured out. So just because Tiller said something doesn't make it wisdom from on high.
Yes. We need to amass the talent of NIU apparently.

That's ok. I remember those that believed in Hazell until the end too. It's cute. It was everything but him and he left us with so little talent it would be years before we could possibly go to a bowl game. Then we hire the right coach and we're in a bowl the very next year. Amazing that our nonconference that season included a ranked Louisville team, an SEC road game at Missouri, and a non-FCS Ohio team that ended up with 9 wins and a bowl game.

Yeah....I think just improving and demonstrating competence is the better route.

The answer is easy. Look at the posts by boilermaker fans verses the posts made IU fans!

IU fans don’t care who they beat. They are 4-0. And on top of the world. Purdue has looked good but lost. And Purdue fans are very upset. And want to fire their coach.

I’ve said it all along! People like winning! Period. They don’t care who the team plays or what the score is. People like a winner!

You lost me at Purdue looks good. I’d rather lose to Oregon state in prime time and get smoked by Notre dame than lose to Buffalo at a 90 degree noon state or other mac teams which is what would happen now.

You know how many fans watched the western Michigan - indiana game? 142,000. About the same number who watched the FIU - Indiana game. And I bet there was 30,000 in the stadium. Many of them were likely FIU or WMU fans who had an opportunity to watch their team play on TV. IU fans m clearly don’t care about winning. They won’t even turn the game on. Please don’t ever compare us to indiana fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT