ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Basketball Video: Practice Day 1

Best quote is at end of Braden's interview.

Reporter: "Whats your thought on expanded conference and that the league looks wide open......."

Braden interrupts before he finishes rambling: "Win it again."

Next question.

There is just a confidence and experience factor that you can't fake with leadership. I know Zach is gone, but this is the mentality that will elevate the rest of the guys. These guys still have a chip and aren't satisfied with being national runner up. I can't wait for the season to start.

Last edited:
Best quote is at end of Braden's interview.

Reporter: "Whats your thought on expanded conference and that the league looks wide open......."

Braden interrupts before he finishes rambling: "Win it again."

Next question.

There is just a confidence and experience factor that you can't fake with leadership. I know Zach us gone, but this is the mentality that will elivate the rest of the guys. These guys still have a chip and aren't satisfied with being national runner up. I can't wait for the season to start.
He hears the noise about him… “not good without zach”…. “edey merchant”…”I could average 8 assists throwing it to edey”… “he was only open because of edey”.
And just like he said “I’m going to prove them wrong as I have my whole time here”—he will do just that and none of us will be surprised.

Reactions: Roeder
Painter hedged a little bit when talking about the minutes for Cam and Myles. Granted he's working through a lot of things with matchups and rotations right now, but it seemed like something that might be weighing on him a bit. We will have to see.

Painter hedged a little bit when talking about the minutes for Cam and Myles. Granted he's working through a lot of things with matchups and rotations right now, but it seemed like something that might be weighing on him a bit. We will have to see.

There's many hours of practice ahead before the team hits the floor for real. Those things have a way of working themselves out. If they don't it's almost certainly a "good problem" to have, because there's no way both of those 2 disappoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT